Not open for further replies.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Hi Eric

Just checking in for any update news on the Innokin iClear 30 Dual Coil Replacement Coil Heads. :)

I have more coming, it seems the last order came in and out same day.
It looks like a vendor cleared me out. :( someone ordered a few hundred on 4 different orders (I will be speaking to them for sure)
I need to put a max purchase on that item, make it harder for other vendors. I am getting as lot of this on a lot of products (mostly Kanger and Innokin)

I think this order should be Friday as long as they have them ready, I piggybacked on another order last minute.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
I have more coming, it seems the last order came in and out same day.
It looks like a vendor cleared me out. :( someone ordered a few hundred on 4 different orders (I will be speaking to them for sure)
I need to put a max purchase on that item, make it harder for other vendors. I am getting as lot of this on a lot of products (mostly Kanger and Innokin)

I think this order should be Friday as long as they have them ready, I piggybacked on another order last minute.

Just let us know who they are and we will handle it. :D

stormcastle.jpg

:D

Last edited:

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com

ddarlington24

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2013
usa
Hi eric , okay so I ordered 2 of those smoktek aro's bcc and a few extra coils half were 1.8ohm others were 2.4ohm and had a few issues on the tank that had 2.4ohm really bad flooding gurgling. after changing a few of the coils thinking it was that.

I noticed that the 2.4ohm coils only had a single flavor wick and allowed for flooding/leaking to occur. I was wondering if you can test this tank with the 2.4 coil and see if it is prone to the leaking/flooding issue and confirm if it has 2 flavor wicks or just the single. And if that is the reason I'm having issues with the 2.4ohm coils

Thanks.

Cnew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2012
CA
Hi eric , okay so I ordered 2 of those smoktek aro's bcc and a few extra coils half were 1.8ohm others were 2.4ohm and had a few issues on the tank that had 2.4ohm really bad flooding gurgling. after changing a few of the coils thinking it was that.

I noticed that the 2.4ohm coils only had a single flavor wick and allowed for flooding/leaking to occur. I was wondering if you can test this tank with the 2.4 coil and see if it is prone to the leaking/flooding issue and confirm if it has 2 flavor wicks or just the single. And if that is the reason I'm having issues with the 2.4ohm coils

Thanks.

I'm in need of a protank 2 seal as well. I didn't even realize one disappeared until the tank started leaking while refilling :(

Hi ddarlington24 and Bubbakinns,

Please go to the DV Contact Form and open a ticket so we can address you issues more directly.

Here's the link (it's at the very bottom of the webpage):

Contact Us

Thanks!!

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com

Thanks.

None of this is argumentative :) Just informative :)

Flavor wick... I am not sure who coined the term but it is not accurate, it is the same wick that is in the coil, all the extra wicks on top of coils do is facilitate liquid being brought to the coil itself, it has nothing to do with flavor that the wick rolled in the coil would not also do. On a bottom coil there isn't enough length of wick to draw enough liquid into the coil, so the bundle of wick on the top is just there to bring in more liquid. I know it's just a name people use for it, but it's not specifically for flavor.

I use the 2.4 myself, it's really the only one I use except when I run low then I switch to 3.0's, I have experienced some flooding but it's only happened after 4-5 fills and even then just occasionally, and when low on liquid never out of the box (so far)

for the number of wicks, all of the units I have opened seem to have three, (or looks like two if they jumble when you snap the connector off) these were randomly chosen through the different ohms. I use the ARO almost exclusively now myself and I keep my used wicks in a jar (sounds weird but I do it so I will know if they change anything at the factory) , I also opened a few of those and although hard to tell when they are used, they all seem to have the same amount of wick material. I haven't opened one that has just a small amount of wick in the top. If you are seeing one this could just be a case of them stuffing wick and it jumbling together a bit.

I checked a few boxes (but did not snap open the top) and they all look identical, full wick, no extra space for liquid to flood in.

So if you have some with less wick, it's an anomaly as far as I can tell. I could always be wrong, they could have some issues at the factory, but the three open ohms on my desk all look identical and the random check seems to bear that out.
You could pick up some inexpensive wick and add some wick to them (I sell it in small rolls). One 2.5 or 3mm wick diameter roll will do over 50-100 coils depending on how much you use in each. That works out to max .05 (or as low as .02) per wick and you could adjust as you see fit.

I actually did it with the 2.5mm wick and liked it a lot. Normally the wick on top is about 7-7.5mm but I cut a 9-10mm piece, seems to work even better. :)

Cnew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2012
CA
Let me go back to post #410. Evod/protank heads/coils, I am reading they are not interchangeable with T3s. Can we clarify this?

Hi bcme,

There is alot of information on the Clearomizer thread in the Forum pertaining to each of these clearomizers and their part interchangeability, so you can do a search for these terms.

In the meantime, here is a quick rundown of the coils we carry and their interchangeability:

Kanger is making their ProTank/EVOD coils interchangeable; and their MT3s/T3s are interchangeable, but not between the two groups. The primary difference between an MT3s/T3s coil and a ProTank/eVod coil is that one has a slightly higher inner sub post (.5mm) which prevents the PT/evod coils from "fitting" 100% on MT3s/T3s.

MT3s/T3s Coils work on MT3s/T3s.
You may be able to get away with using a ProTank/EVOD coil in your MT3s or T3s, but they are not specifically designed for it and, therefore, we do not advertise them as being interchangeable in that way.

ProTank Coils work on ProTanks, Evods, Dube, Dbox, DVBCC, Vision Victory, Davides (regular and Mini)
Protank and ProTank II use the same coils.

Evod Coils work on ProTanks, EVODs, Dube, Dbox, DVBCC, Vision Victory, Davides (regular and Mini)

We only sell two kinds of coils: "MT3s/T3s" and "ProTank & EVOD."
MT3s/T3s coils come in a black box, ProTank & EVOD come in a white box.

Hope this isn't too confusing!

cnew

Last edited:

emily33

Apr 25, 2012
Kansas City, MO
eVod mouthpiece is broken, hangin on with some electrical tape lol. I need to reorder tonight if possible, because my other one is leaking at the base somehow. Both happened tonight.
Is there something other than the eVod that I should try, or just order new ones?
Also, anyone have issues with the clear mouthpiece turning yellowish after using dark colored eliquid?

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
eVod mouthpiece is broken, hangin on with some electrical tape lol. I need to reorder tonight if possible, because my other one is leaking at the base somehow. Both happened tonight.
Is there something other than the eVod that I should try, or just order new ones?
Also, anyone have issues with the clear mouthpiece turning yellowish after using dark colored eliquid?

If your evods are cracking, leaking and discoloring you could have an acidic or corrosive liquid. the evod tip is really tough but is not so tough with corrosives. The DBox has a removable drip tip and is basically an evod but it is made of the same plastic, the tip wouldn't break but the rest of it might if the cause is your liquid.

Maybe go with glass like the protank mini II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread