Customer testamonials

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemCutter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Maine USA
It is actually illegal in many states to sell an item for significantly more than it was purchased for, ask a professional picker, that's why those guys on the history channel say "30 bucks, no man I would give you $100." Because they know they are going to get $300. Also borderline fraud using another identity to try to circumvent legal right to refuse, being in another state and online, could also be wire fraud.

"In the United States, mail and wire fraud is any fraudulent scheme to intentionally deprive another of property or honest services via mail or wire communication. It has been a federal crime in the United States since 1872."

The internet counts as wire communication.

I wouldn't be so sure you have no fault.

Last edited:

burtonsnowww

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2013
Pennsylvania
That is like asking why someone would be mad that the NIN concert is sold out in 14 seconds and can't get tickets because the scalpers get 60% of the seats, you just don't get it man.

you don't get it, thats how this world works, it supply and demand. Their was a guy selling a green hana modz earlier on ebay for $499, if you don't like the price its as simple as scrolling by his post. No matter what you say in this thread or anything you do is going to stop scalping. Their will always be a limited supply and a bigger demand.

did ticket master than release the names of the 60% of the scalpers and than encourage harassment on them?

Also your wife's maiden name is in her FB addy, not hard to find.

that just proves my point even more. Zen would not know if i used my wifes maiden name or her current name if it weren't for ENS

Last edited:

GemCutter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Maine USA
Yep that's how it works, sometimes you get caught and outed and you gotta deal with it. Look at the violentacrez/gawker case, that guy was really outed. Lost his job, and he doesn't even have a case. I don't get why you think you do.

When the only thing reported is the truth, you have no leg to stand on.

I already said I didn't think what you did was morally wrong, that's more than you will get from most here. Your flame war is another story, and what Mike did was actually morally right IMO.

Look at your reasons for action: personal profit, revenge.

And his: protecting his customers right to service, end user price control (standard practice in almost every legit industry.)

Yet you continue to argue you have the moral highground.

Why do you think scalping is illegal? More questions you won't answer.

Your flame war might make a bunch of reddit trolls claim they won't buy a Zen device now but we all know they weren't going to anyway. Most people who we're going to get one are going to anyway, and in my case, at least one case, someone who wasn't going to get one now is because of these actions.

When I see vids of piles of ZNAs in the street being run over by a steamroller for the cameras I will worry about the backlash.

Last edited:

burtonsnowww

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2013
Pennsylvania

GemCutter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Maine USA
You know you have nothing so you just come here and cry, the point is people can release someone's name for any reason they want in forums much larger than this situation.

He has every right.

Again, the reddit/gawker/violentacrez situation is very applicable to this. You ignore that though. If a random journalist can release a persons real name, occupation, hometown, and more on a huge blog site because the guy was an ultra troll, causing troll to be fired and lose his health insurance, getting death threats, etc. and he has no case, YOU HAVE LESS THAN NO CASE.

Clearly some have reading comprehension issues.

Let's get this thread back on track, ENS is doing their best in a tough situation and I think they have done well. Someone mentioned this as a retailers dream but I don't think that takes into account how much work they are putting in, not to mention dealing with frustrated customers, like me. It's not like they are making $430 profit per PV or anything insane like that.

Quell

Jan 28, 2014
NY
You people realize that it I am the one in those Reddit threads defending Zen and ENS right? Good lord. I came here trying to help Zen and ENS, and was raked over the coals at Reddit for defending them, and now I am getting a bunch of crap here.

and yes my analogy was absurd. It was absurd, because the accusations against Zen and ENS are absurd. Please do not equate myself with Burton when it is quite clear in the Reddit threads, and here that I am in now way defending him.

Every point you brought up, are points I brought up over there.

As for touting the importance of Reddit..Well, I guess if you don't think the Reddit sub is "important"..We'll agree to disagree. I know if my business was being accused of untoward activity in a large related community I would want to know.

As to the perpetuating the issue..I didn't perpetuate anything..I didn't post those threads, I was on those threads for pretty much the entire weekend defending Zen, and ENS. I was content leaving it at that after the first thread, but yet another thread was started, with an avalanche of crap against Zen and ENS.

Last edited:

GemCutter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Maine USA
You seem to be playing both sides, over there you say you are defending them, which you very well may be doing, but over here, you didn't act like someone defending them.

I'm paraphrasing but you were basically coming off, to me, like "Zen will be destroyed, his business will be in ruins if he does not come and play court jester to the insanely powerful ecig subreddit cartel, they are the tastemakers! ECF importance level 50, ecig subreddit importance level OVER 9000!"

All because of this ridiculously silly dolphin issue.

You may have genuine concern with protecting HoH's image and place in the industry, but it came off as... We'll not that.

Did I ever say reddit was not important? No. I just think you were way overestimating the power, influence, and yes the importance of the ecig subreddit by trying to tie in reddits site-wide stats as if that had any bearing on the ecig subreddit. Mike seems to be aware of what's going over there, he is a big boy, of he felt the need to comment over there I am sure he would.

Sorry to tell you this but I would bet a lot that there will never be a day when anyone says "man if only I listened to Quell and went through the gauntlet at reddit, I would be so much more successful now." Is posting over there going to sell a ton of ZNAs that are going to collect dust for eternity otherwise because of the wrath of reddit? Answer, no. It's like the patients running the mental hospital over there.

You may have noticed he is having NO problems selling ZNAs.

Ma'am

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
Florida
You guys know what is really funny, you are all so mad that I sold these mods at a higher price than retail but the people who actually purchased the mods off me are happy with their purchase. Some guys dont have the time to sit on the computer and wait for these things to pop up and dont mind shelling out an extra couple bucks.

you don't get it, thats how this world works, it supply and demand. Their was a guy selling a green hana modz earlier on ebay for $499, if you don't like the price its as simple as scrolling by his post. No matter what you say in this thread or anything you do is going to stop scalping. Their will always be a limited supply and a bigger demand.

did ticket master than release the names of the 60% of the scalpers and than encourage harassment on them?

that just proves my point even more. Zen would not know if i used my wifes maiden name or her current name if it weren't for ENS

by news stations after they plead guilty, does not give zen any right for releasing names. try again.

In the above posts, you admitted to scalping.

Quell

Jan 28, 2014
NY
I'm paraphrasing but you were basically coming off, to me, like "Zen will be destroyed, his business will be in ruins if he does not come and play court jester to the insanely powerful ecig subreddit cartel, they are the tastemakers! ECF importance level 50, ecig subreddit importance level OVER 9000!"

As to having it both ways..My username on Reddit is Cwellan, I think my stance is made crystal friggen clear if you read through my posts.

As to the above quoted..that is not what I said at all..nor implicated. I specifically said the exact opposite..twice. That isn't anything close to a paraphrase, that is a gross exaggeration of what I was saying.

I also made it very clear that there is a distinction between the Reddit mainsite and subreddit.

My only goal in all of this was to inform ENS and Zen as to what was being said on a..no matter what anyone thinks here..an important and large community, in a pretty damn niche market. It was also to point out that the things that Zen posts in a private FB group is "leaking out". to ME..as a small business owner, that type of information is really damn important. No good deed goes unpunished I guess.

The only reason I continued posting here was because Ripple responded and asked a question. For a third time I will say, if ENS and Zen don't care, that is obviously more than cool.

None the less, thanks for your gross mis-characterization of what I was saying, the implication that I am playing both sides..and the unneeded condensation. Thank you also for reminding me why I lurked here for so long, instead of going through the process of registering and newb posting. This will be the last time I defend, or attempt to inform any vendor against false accusations...I'll take your snarky advice and "quell" right on out.

Last edited:

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
As to having it both ways..My username on Reddit is Cwellan, I think my stance is made crystal friggen clear if you read through my posts.

As to the above quoted..that is not what I said at all..nor implicated. I specifically said the exact opposite..twice. That isn't anything close to a paraphrase, that is a gross exaggeration of what I was saying.

I also made it very clear that there is a distinction between the Reddit mainsite and subreddit.

My only goal in all of this was to inform ENS and Zen as to what was being said on a..no matter what anyone thinks here..an important and large community, in a pretty damn niche market. It was also to point out that the things that Zen posts in a private FB group is "leaking out". to ME..as a small business owner, that type of information is really damn important. No good deed goes unpunished I guess.

The only reason I continued posting here was because Ripple responded and asked a question. For a third time I will say, if ENS and Zen don't care, that is obviously more than cool.

None the less, thanks for your gross mis-characterization of what I was saying, the implication that I am playing both sides..and the unneeded condensation. Thank you also for reminding me why I lurked here for so long, instead of going through the process of registering and newb posting. This will be the last time I defend, or attempt to inform any vendor against false accusations...I'll take your snarky advice and "quell" right on out.

I wish you wouldn't, you are one of the few people I have sent a friend request to.......:)

applefr3ak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2008
Ogden, Utah, United States
Look here Burton... Due to all of this I have made sure you can absolutely never buy anything on our current site. I dont like Flippers, when i get vapers calling me saying why is this guy selling this mod for 759.00 on ebay it upsets me, i try to make it as fair as i can and give everyone a shot to get one of these devices in their hands. Yes you ordered under 2 names on my site, from the same IP address... it was pretty clear to me what you were trying to do. And you putting all this crap all over the internet.. well that could be called Slander and you can legally be sued for Slander. Yes you were denied service. yes it was because i found out through various people that you were flipping devices. If i had seen the first device in time I would have denied you before you even got your 2nd device. Most people know in the community how Zen and myself Stand on the whole flipping issue. Unless its a very rare item sell it for what ya paid for it pretty much. People like you make me sick. You dont get what you want exactly when you want it and you go out on the internet and go on a flying rampage. its total ..... You can accuse me of whatever you want. I don't really care that much. I personally don't like flippers and anyone i see flipping i will ban from my site. I had someone even come and tell me your name on ECF thats how i double checked that you were flipping.. plain and simple. you made a load of cash, go vape your Hanna mod and leave us the heck alone. Or i can go ahead and report you here on ECF for slander.

Jason
President
ElectronicStix Corp.

burtonsnowww

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2013
Pennsylvania
Look here Burton... Due to all of this I have made sure you can absolutely never buy anything on our current site. I dont like Flippers, when i get vapers calling me saying why is this guy selling this mod for 759.00 on ebay it upsets me, i try to make it as fair as i can and give everyone a shot to get one of these devices in their hands. Yes you ordered under 2 names on my site, from the same IP address... it was pretty clear to me what you were trying to do. And you putting all this crap all over the internet.. well that could be called Slander and you can legally be sued for Slander. Yes you were denied service. yes it was because i found out through various people that you were flipping devices. If i had seen the first device in time I would have denied you before you even got your 2nd device. Most people know in the community how Zen and myself Stand on the whole flipping issue. Unless its a very rare item sell it for what ya paid for it pretty much. People like you make me sick. You dont get what you want exactly when you want it and you go out on the internet and go on a flying rampage. its total ..... You can accuse me of whatever you want. I don't really care that much. I personally don't like flippers and anyone i see flipping i will ban from my site. I had someone even come and tell me your name on ECF thats how i double checked that you were flipping.. plain and simple. you made a load of cash, go vape your Hanna mod and leave us the heck alone. Or i can go ahead and report you here on ECF for slander.

Jason
President
ElectronicStix Corp.

Edit: deleted
Im done on here.

Last edited:

ksmith

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
Colcord, Oklahoma

Jason
President
ElectronicStix Corp.

Unless he was able to buy another Hana Mod he can't vape it because...........................................................wait for it.....................................HE FLIPPED IT ON EBAY as well.

ksmith

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
Colcord, Oklahoma
As long as Mike continues to produce IMO, the best PV's on the market and Jason continues to carry them, they will both have a loyal follower and customer. I have hardly used any of my other PV's since getting my ZNA.

And I support both Mike and Jason 110% for how this was handled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread