Customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Ah, yet another update. FedEx sent me a large envelope by mail today (more than 50 cents postage to mail it), with 10 pages inside explaining that my order has 50 cents Customs fees due. "Sample of pipe", it explains, valued at $20, should have been assessed a 50-cent fee. THIS IS NOT AN INVOICE, the letter proclaims. I have no idea when I'll get an invoice -- probably delivered at a cost of to FedEx of $15 or so for gas and personnel.

The papers show that Customs opened my package and photographed the sample pack of cartridges. There was no 50ml e-liquid that was ordered and paid for.

An invoice FedEx provided Customs said this is a "smoking cessation" tool. The E-Cig invoice said it's a pipe. The one I submitted detailed everything that should have been in the package, right down to the chemical composition of the liquids in the cartridges and (non-existant) bottle.

I placed another order two days ago with E-Eig. I think that will be my last.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I was poking around the Ruyan site this morning, since it's the Rolls-Royce of e-smoking products, and began reading their FAQs, when I came across this:

Q: Why do you mark each parcel as "gift" or "sample" and low value product?
A: Just to help you avoid the customs charge ( Tax ).

The prosecution rests, your honor.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I am livid. E-Cig finally acknowledged my posts on their forum. I detailed my problem -- that the 50ml e-liquid was never in the package -- and got this reply:

Please be informed that we are not responsible for the problem due to the shipping according to our company's policy. For any problem from the shipping, please contact your local shipping company.

Yes, I unloaded both barrels in reply. By the way, go read their entire page on Shipping. You won't find any such policy.

I WILL NEVER PAY ONE MORE CENT TO E-CIG FOR ANYTHING. Just take a look at the massive number of problems customers post on their forum. This is one lousy company.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
No. Too expensive. I'll pay a little more to the guy reselling E-Cig liquids on EBay. Let HIM deal with that freaking company!

Full disclosure: I probably have enough e-liquid now to last the lifetime of all my devices. And I plan to use them down to the Quit Smoking liquid I have coming. Yes, I'd like to quit someday. When I step back a few feet and examine what I'm doing, it just seems silly to suck in and blow out vapor from a cigarette lookalike that provides no satisfaction, no taste, no aroma.

I think every smoker at some point dreams of being free of the crutch that smoking is (pat pocket, got cigs, got lighter, got cartridges - enough?, battery). I hope someday I can live without these.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Feh. So, you're gonna "vote with your dollars" by making them get your money through a middle man? I find your protest skills... lacking.

Just kidding, I know what you mean. Going broke by boycotting the affordable option hurts you more than them. Kinda like how I got in a dispute with my favorite local pizza place, which had a steak dinner I absolutly LOVED, and swore never to order from that lying ..... ever again. So now I am the one who's suffering, pining for that delicious t-bone steak, rubbed in butter and diced garlic, covered with sauteed mushroms, and... :drool: :cry: :cry:

Freesmoke IS expensive, but then again, when I first got into this, I thought $30 for a fake cigarette was expensive. Now I'm waiting for a $165 model from Janty. Maybe I'll end up ordering that $90 bottle sooner or later after all. :lol:

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
I just checked the packages from the e-cigs I've tried. My E-cig was marked plastic pipe pieces, Dealextreme said cigar pipes and cases, and Heaven_Gifts (an e-aby seller) said picture frame.

But I've ordered from overseas before, and they ALWAYS lie. I ordered a camcorder, and they declared it as camera accessories. A memory card was stationary. A book was a gift set. Every time, I get a sly grin, and feel a little like a rogueish smuggler.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I know it IS a problem. Last year, a long investigation revealed that perhaps 10,000 people (mostly in Panama and Central America) had died from a Chinese medical solution. The solution was supposed to be of a certain composition, but some clever soul in the Chinese manufacturing plant determined it would pass tests using a much cheaper industrial, not medical, material. Instead of healing people, it started killing people. In trying to track down who used it in what medicines, the NYTimes discovered the shipments came in under various fraudulent label names. It was thus impossible to track them all down. More people were doomed to die from the mislabeled, contaminated fluid because of the Big Lie by exporters.

Proof of the truism, you can pay now or you can pay later. Deceit ultimately has a price, as the above incident illustrates.

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
TropicalBob said:
I know it IS a problem. Last year, a long investigation revealed that perhaps 10,000 people (mostly in Panama and Central America) had died from a Chinese medical solution. The solution was supposed to be of a certain composition, but some clever soul in the Chinese manufacturing plant determined it would pass tests using a much cheaper industrial, not medical, material. Instead of healing people, it started killing people. In trying to track down who used it in what medicines, the NYTimes discovered the shipments came in under various fraudulent label names. It was thus impossible to track them all down. More people were doomed to die from the mislabeled, contaminated fluid because of the Big Lie by exporters.

Proof of the truism, you can pay now or you can pay later. Deceit ultimately has a price, as the above incident illustrates.
I read about that one..It really saddened me bad enough..that's why I did my own homework before I tried theirs..I was worried..I don't want any tragedy like that happen here in Malaysia..I did sent some of my boys over(e-cig @ Cixi) and investigate (albeit covertly)..thank god they reported back to me..All lights green...but still...I erred more towards caution... :|

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Ah, yes. A final footnote to the sorry saga of E-Cig Shorts Customer.

I've been contributing to their forum for three months or more. Gave them some ideas that warranted "freebies." But another user named "coinmaster" and I both posted unhappy comments about E-Cig. When I went to see the posts tonight, to see if the E-Cig Administrator had responded to my plight, I was greeted with:

You have been banned from this forum.
Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information.

Tsk, tsk. Never is heard a discouraging word, eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread