David Yang's 4-hole Penstyle 801

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida
I thought I might as well do my first review after receiving David Yang's penstyle 801 model that houses four holes. This is my second e-cig - my first being Puresmoker's. But, since everyone and their grandmother has reviewed Steve's stuff and his amazing customer service, I thought I'd go ahead and reviewed Yang's stuff since few have tried or reviewed his stuff. Apologies for the lack of pictures as I don't have a digital camera right now.

First off, a little bit about Mr. Yang. As you probably know, he is a manufacturer in China of these electronic cigarette products and produces them for other larger distributors, all of which neither he nor I can name off hand for business and confidentiality reasons. With that being said, I assure you that his products are sold to and by very respected brand name distributors and most if not all of the members here have indirectly tried Mr. Yang's ecigs at one point or another, and after reading numerous posts and reviews, I can go ahead and assume you all were very, very happy with his handy work and rated them as some of the best quality products. Okay, enough of that, on to the review.

I ordered a Penstyle 801 with white batteries, red/orange LED, and a brown/faux-wood atomizer. Here's a link to see what it looks like:
http://www.eastmall.net/UploadFiles/2008924113126888.jpg

After about a week or so, the products arrived. The penstyle itself is housed in a very fancy blue patterned book-style box with "Electronic Cigarette" in gold lettering on the top that flips open. Inside contains the usual: one atomizer, two batteries, a wall charger, car charger adapter, and five HIGH carts. Yang also threw in a handy USB charger, and from what I've been told by him, he gives these out to all of his orders. By the way, the man is very kind and and is very thorough about customer service.

After popping in my cart, I started off with the usual primer puff and a slow but steady drag. Right off the bat, I was extremely impressed by how easy the drag was due to the four holes and also the amazing taste of the liquid. The taste threw me off as I expected to hate it, but this stuff really does taste amazing and is the closest I've had to tasting anything remotely like a cigarette. It was a bit lighter, smoother, and sweeter obviously, but it was there. And yes, the drag was very smooth and the amount of vapor was larger than what I expected. I'd go so far as to say that the vapor production was on par to the Puresmoker 901 and perhaps maybe even more by a small amount.

About eight hours into casual smoking, I did finally hit that "cut-off" switch that some batteries do if you're hitting your ecig too often or too long. It was a minor thing and only lasted a few minutes and is probably beneficial in the long run for the well being of the atomizer. As for the battery life, I was smoking this for eight or more hours until a noticeable decline in vapor production was seen, and even then it was still very, very minor in the decrease of production.

I'm on my second day and after putting in a newly charger battery, it's still producing massive vapor with no resistance. The quality, both in the materials used and the finished product, is definitely high. I'll definitely be using this as my standard every day puffer and making my 901 as what I'll take when I go out. Highly recommended, with the pluses being the liquid, the quality of the product, the long battery life, the smooth draw, the large vapor production, and of course Yang's 6 month warranty. Cons would probably be the cut-off switch, this is a very minor issue, and like I said, is probably beneficial in the long run.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
Hey Doc, glad you are liking your 4-hole from Mr. Yang. Thanks for a good review. I don't understand why you can't say what brand you are using. Anyway, I really like the 4-hole from PureSmoker. I would really like you to do another review of your new 4-hole in about a month. I've been having some issues with mine from PureSmoker and Steve is graciously working with me trying to find the answer.

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida
Hey Doc, glad you are liking your 4-hole from Mr. Yang. Thanks for a good review. I don't understand why you can't say what brand you are using. Anyway, I really like the 4-hole from PureSmoker. I would really like you to do another review of your new 4-hole in about a month. I've been having some issues with mine from PureSmoker and Steve is graciously working with me trying to find the answer.

To do so would jeopardize Mr. Yang's terms and conditions as a direct supplier to said brand names, which makes perfect sense. If you were a reputable and large brand name and your manufacturer that sees you as their biggest client releases your company's information to other people and revealing that they supply your stuff, that could hurt your business and you probably wouldn't want to continue doing business with them.

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida

Dr can you actually see the four holes visually on the battery end of the atomiser?

Sure can! They're just outside of the screw section of the connector to the battery on the battery-size of the atomizer.

Kimmiegrif

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
Maryland USA
Doc how much did he pay you for that review! Just kidding. I think you are the first to order from him in this group. Did you have to call him? email him? or is there a finally website to order from? Was yours a sample to review or did you purchase it? Only reason I ask is my main concern with his product is the shipping price and the fact he initially said he wouldn't ship juice to the US. Has that changed? David does seem very kind and want our business. It is great someone quickly got one of his products. I appreciate your descriptive review. Thanks Doc...Thanks David.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
Dr thank you for the information it sounds like they're good ones then. if the holes are visual to see. Some 801 and RN series don't show the holes when looking at the battery end. The only way you discover this is by taking the band off at the bottom of the atomiser. Which in my opinion do not perform as well as the visual ones although there is a slight improvement but not as good as when they are visual.

If you do manage to take any photos that would confirm this better.

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida
Doc how much did he pay you for that review! Just kidding. I think you are the first to order from him in this group. Did you have to call him? email him? or is there a finally website to order from? Was yours a sample to review or did you purchase it? Only reason I ask is my main concern with his product is the shipping price and the fact he initially said he wouldn't ship juice to the US. Has that changed? David does seem very kind and want our business. It is great someone quickly got one of his products. I appreciate your descriptive review. Thanks Doc...Thanks David.

I don't think I should answer that question. Let's just say he paid me a large sum of currency and leave it at that. ;)

No, but seriously, we had randomly met on these boards and I thought I'd give him a try after speaking to him for some time. He's still working on his website, although he has his old one up still at ÒäÂöµç×ӿƼ¼ÓÐÏÞ¹«Ë¾

I paid via paypal and did it all through email. Since he is located in China, that's really the only way it can be done until the new site is finished. And yes, he still can't ship liquid but he can send carts. This is due to some tight restrictions going on with China's customs. I'll try and keep you all updated after a few weeks on how it's working out.

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida
Dr thank you for the information it sounds like they're good ones then. if the holes are visual to see. Some 801 and RN series don't show the holes when looking at the battery end. The only way you discover this is by taking the band off at the bottom of the atomiser. Which in my opinion do not perform as well as the visual ones although there is a slight improvement but not as good as when they are visual.

If you do manage to take any photos that would confirm this better.

They are located right above where the screw grooves are and look like half-circles the way they are positioned to ensure the airflow isn't blocked by the battery or anything. I'll sometimes accidentally exhale a little and some puffs will waft out of the atomizer side, so there's definitely nothing that's stopping the air from being sucked in. Very good construction I must say. If I ever do get a hold of a camera, I'll try and take pics. But, as I had mentioned before, if you've used a certain big brand name supplier's penstyle (can't name names of course) that has four holes like this, you'll know what it looks like.

Davidyang

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2008
China
www.eastmall.net

Thanks Janet, I think it will be better for me to try to answer why he cant say what brand, I think maybe you misunderstand him if my english is good. the e-cigarette I sold here are no brand, just common packing, He means that I do OEM for some brands. by the way, if you could be kind enough to tell me the issue about your pens, I will try to do some of help. Thanks again.

Kind regards

billyboy689

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
australia
i just got my 801 set from davidyang an hour ago
its quite a bit fancier in looks than the one pictured in the original post , its got a chrome band on the atomizer's and the batteries have some silver banding rings on them
it had enough charge out of the box for a quick test run , the draw is nice and easy, a real lungfiller
i snapped a photo to put up but its not that clear , the ecig looks very very nice in person

ImageShack - Hosting :: 1004844ecig1kd8.jpg

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida
i just got my 801 set from davidyang an hour ago
its quite a bit fancier in looks than the one pictured in the original post , its got a chrome band on the atomizer's and the batteries have some silver banding rings on them
it had enough charge out of the box for a quick test run , the draw is nice and easy, a real lungfiller
i snapped a photo to put up but its not that clear , the ecig looks very very nice in person

ImageShack - Hosting :: 1004844ecig1kd8.jpg

Nice! Glad you're liking your 801. I didn't even know the black batteries looked like that either. Mine are white, but there are rings that are not as noticeable.

Which reminds me, after fanangling with my pen, I've come to the conclusion that dripping IS the best way to smoke these 801s. The core just seems unnecessary and can be annoying when it decides to slip into the atomizer like all pens/minis.

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida
Dr try using Janty or sedansa cartridges you'll find that the core doesn't slip out of these like others do.

While I haven't tried either, I've heard from other people that they still have that problem.

I was reading that really interesting thread about 100% cotton strips to covers the cores to ensure that this doesn't happen AND to make sure the bits of fiber don't get stuck in the atomizer. Has anyone just tried using rolled up cotton instead? I'd imagine it would work better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread