Despite your love for Reo's , what are the negatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I didn't think anybody would be honest enough to provide helpful answers , love has a way of doing that lol.

It really has nothing to do with loving it to much to give you an honest answer. I own mods, vv/vw PV and my REO.

This mech come's to about as close to perfection as they come imo. If you want the one thing that I found wrong, once and a while my door magnet pops out. I always find it on the bottom of my battery.

After using this mod solid it just hasn't given me any problems and produces a consistely great vape regardless of the liquid I put into the bottle. It fits nicely in my pocket and travels real damn well.

Honestly what more could you ask for?

Self squonking when the cotton starts to dry out

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
One of the negatives that comes to mind is that you may find yourself vaping more because you will have more free time due to not screwing around with stuff. Just fill, put in a battery, attach heater, squonk vape vape squonk repeat :)

Another is that it will leave a big ol divot in hardwood floors if you drop it.

I really can't think of any real negatives to vaping the REO way.

Todai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2014
One of the negatives that comes to mind is that you may find yourself vaping more because you will have more free time due to not screwing around with stuff. Just fill, put in a battery, attach heater, squonk vape vape squonk repeat :)

Another is that it will leave a big ol divot in hardwood floors if you drop it.

I really can't think of any real negatives to vaping the REO way.

You Reo guys are amazing. Post after post, the loyalty is amazing. It's getting up there on my 'next to try' list. :)

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I didn't think anybody would be honest enough to provide helpful answers , love has a way of doing that lol.

I was very skeptical of the REO in my search for "the perfect vape" and felt the same as a lot of other ECF users... I didn't care for the device or its followers one bit! I thought it was all hype and nothing else! Well, 3 years into my vaping journey and for my 3rd vapeversary I decided since I was just wasting all my money and time buying and having to mod any tube type device I bought, I might as well buy a REO. I started with the mini 2.1 and lets just say I wasn't blown away by it. I used it for a month and decided it wasn't the device for me. It was just too small, too many battery changes and way too many refills through the day... Then I found a thread over in the REO section of the forum to swap devices. I posted it and within 2 days I had swapped it for a Grand with a fellow Reonaut. Received it in about 3 days from him, threw on the Cyclone, and it was game on!!! I had finally found the end all device, for me, and haven't looked back. If I was to "have to" give any kind of negative, it would be that it could use a larger juice capacity. That is it... Recently I installed the new beryllium spring and firing pin in it and feel it is an even more outstanding vape. The only thing I felt was missing was that I wished it was low profile so I could use other RDA's on it and open up the possibilities that were there for me to explore and right now the funds are just not available to spend for the LP version. ... I did do the next best thing though, my grand is in transit to Maine to be milled down and hopefully I will see it back here in Illinois on Monday or Tuesday of next week. I have a brand new Atomic, (converted for BF), waiting to be sitting on top of it when it gets back home. The only other thing I will need to seek out for it in the future will be a larger juice bottle for it and I will have found "the perfect vape" in my opinion. I only wish I would have done this 3 years ago and I would have saved so much money and time wasted on tinkering to get things to work only half decent... Only thing I can say today is....Believe the hype!!!!

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
The only other thing I will need to seek out for it in the future will be a larger juice bottle for it and I will have found "the perfect vape" in my opinion.

:blink: Bigger than six mls? Tell me six lasts you a day.....

Time to find that square bottle and up your capacity. :)

Please post a picture of your grand when you get it back. I may ask Rob to do the same for me.

Last edited:

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
I second the drip tip response. It took awhile to find the right one, and when I did I paid $35 for it. Reos will make you buy expensive drip tips. You aren't spending money on anything else, might as well.

You're going to hate me then :laugh:
Went through a few standard stainless tips, pinched from other toppers -didn't look right.
Next tried some hand turned resin tips from a UK source - looked better but still not there.
Next up a couple of tru-stone hand turned tips from "Bully" - big improvement, but they look better on other toppers.
Finally settled on a $2 fasttech cheapo tip, with Chinese characters, but it's a huge wide bore, almost as big as the RM2 - I'm now happy :D

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Title says it all , please find some things that are negative vs other mod types .

I saw this thread when you posted it, and I've been giving it some thought. I own two REOs and they are very different from one another. You asked for negatives compared to other types of mods... This is by far the hardest question I've ever tried to answer on ECF.

OK. I own a 14500 mini (no longer made but they do occasionally pop up in the classifieds). Compared to any mod with a larger than 14500 battery, of course battery life is an issue. When I take the mini out for the day, I have to carry a couple of spare batteries. That is indeed a negative in my book because the reason I fell in love with bottom feeders was the fact I didn't have to carry a bunch of vaping supplies any more... But, if you get a new mini, it uses an 18490 so that limitation is not an issue.

Another negative... and this is a stretch... regarding all of the metal REOs is that you might develop a habit sliding the door up and down. It makes a "schlik schlik" sound that tends to annoy spouses, coworkers, and other innocent bystanders. - That sounds like a joke sort of, but that topic has come up many, many times in the REO subforum. And, I'm here to tell you that it can and probably will happen to you. I'm not normally a fidgety sort of person, but I've almost driven my wife over the edge with the "schlik schlik-ing" on more than a hundred occasions.

My other REO is a VV Woodville (also no longer made, but metal VV REOs do pop up in the classifieds now and then). There are two negatives compared to other mod types, and one of them is absolute nonsense, but enough people believe it that I suppose it has to be mentioned.

First the nonsense: Stacked batteries. It takes a pair of 18350s. The hysteria about stacking batteries in unregulated, unvented tube mods spilled over in to misconceptions about stacking batteries in regulated mods with proper safety features. A lot of folks believe a lot of untruths about stacking batteries, so it had to be mentioned. I personally will not call it a negative because I know better. ---

OK now that's out of the way, the only other negative I can come up with on VV REOs comparing them to other mod types is they don't do sub ohm and in fact the chipset can only produce something around ~12 watts max real world. I think the spec sheet for the chip from notcigs said 14 watts max, but none of the notcigs chips I've used can do do it real world.

Other negatives I could come up with all have to do with personal preference regarding form factor. Some folks just really like tubes so much they can't use a box mod of any sort. I'm not one of those folks, so it's hard for me to understand it.

That's it. That's all I've got. If you want to completely remove the hassle of carrying supplies and messing around with tanks or cartos or bottles of juice or whatever, and if you want a perfectly reliable device that works every single time you push the button - and is also beyond durable, get a REO.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Love the Reos. The only negative I have is on a hot summer day when the Reo is left in the car it acts like a thermometer and juice overflows the cup.

It's not much but you asked.

And this is why every REO is supplied with a reducer tube when you buy one... Good stuff man...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread