Dicodes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
So you're enjoying the Dani 25 so far @Dayvidpriddy?

And as I assumed, does it look better in real life?

And could you please post a picture of the reduction ring with the copper or brass?

I'm wondering if it's a sacrificial part, something that will be softer than the SS, so that it doesn't mark it?

I'm still waiting on my batteries, can't use it yet lol.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm not exactly at my most consistent.

@Eskie I am so glad you are okay! And I am glad your daughter is okay. I started my own COVID 19 symptoms about a week ago and it has been tremendously unpleasant I must say. Thank goodness the husband is here and healthy so far, otherwise, IDK what I would do, honestly.

I have decided the best description is like 'Slowly pushed through a wood chipper." I really had to stop reading accounts because they were so depressing. But if I make it through the next 3-4 days without some alarming increase in symptoms I could feel like this for 2 weeks to.... longer. I did not want to find out the longest, so I gave up,

I have NEVER had a fever for this long and I gave up on Tylenol today I was like "It does not WORK!! Save your liver!!" So if I don't become unable to breathe more suddenly in the next few days, I might get all INTO trying Advil, everyone says you can take it with this hesitance about but Advil actually WORKS.

Nice to hear from you, say hi to your kiddo and packages for me. Tell her I hope for the very best for her and she has a great dad.

Anna

Anna, so sorry to hear you're sick with it. Yes, it really is miserable, but some folks get such mild symptoms they don't even think about it. Others, well, we've seen and read too much about it. The week long fevers are draining, and Advil can be your friend. There's so much variation, but it took my daughter about 6 weeks to get back to herself. Get better soon, and pay attention to your body, it can get better then worse again so don't try to tackle too much.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Things are kind of strange these days. I had some sort of sinus thing going on for a couple of weeks and still experiencing after effects. Two trips to the Navicent Health Med Stop because it wouldn't go away in spite of the Medrol steroid Dose Pack they gave me. A couple of days ago I went to my primary doctor and he put me on another Medrol Dose pack. I'm getting better, but it's been slow progress. I'd think that I had Covid-19, but at no time have I had a fever. It's been normal temps all the way. Whatever it is, I want no more of it. :)

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
This is the best I can do, it's hard doing this with SS. Dicodes replied to me already and said; "Cones are produced in stainless steel, titanium and brass." So I guess some of the brass bled into the finish? I dunno.

You received a set made out of brass.

is that your selection or did they make a mistake?

enquiring minds want to know!!!

LOLz

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Get better soon, and pay attention to your body, it can get better then worse again so don't try to tackle too much.

Thanks @Eskie yeah the miserableness is somewhat connected to length and uh, stuff. I have never had a fever for 11 days straight I am getting mighty sick of it. I am glad your daughter is getting better.

So far I have only tackled a moose, a swan, and a cow. Actually I have tackled nothing much but I want to do yoga and can't. My stupid resting pulse is at 100 and it's normally in the 60s. I sort of feel like exercise would be bad. Although I KNOW Advil works better for me so if I don't nosedive in the next 3 days I'm TAKING IT I don't even care anymore. LOL.

That is a mighty fine looking dicodes indeed! I am glad you have gotten the cone thing straightened out.

Anna

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

From a durability perspective, mine has been nothing short of amazing. I keep two Mini boxes pristine, but I decided that I was going to USE my V3 tube. I treat it with absolute recklessness, and it never does anything but fire perfectly.

It's scratched up to all bejeezus, and I like it. Pic at bottom.

Point being, I think you might be pleased once you get some batteries. :)

I was thinking about the size and finish @Dayvidpriddy, do those tick your boxes.

Size is fantastic (for me). Shorter than a Provari, and feels quite compact for an 18650 tube mod. A bit weighty, but not in a bad way. It screams "Quality", like pretty much all their devices.

Finish has been great too, and would be even better if I didn't throw it around like a Nerf ball. :blush:

20200502_070211.jpg

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@DPLongo22, @Dayvidpriddy has the Dani 25. Which is ever so slightly different and allows use of a 21700 cell.

But I was just wondering how it seems so far in real life compared to pixels on a screen.

And of course most folks that are aware of Dicodes, know that you can't really go wrong with them.

And I wish I could remember what a Shinto principle was called, but it's extremely relevant. It's where you must touch or feel something to understand it.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
So I just popped in a brand new, freshly charged Samsung 40T, within 5 minutes, I've already got a pretty good understanding of how to use the menu system...it wasn't that hard to be honest (a bit confusing for the first few minutes), 5 minutes later I feel like a pro! :rickroll::rickroll:

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
You received a set made out of brass.

is that your selection or did they make a mistake?

enquiring minds want to know!!!

LOLz

NOPE! I ordered the SS version with the 3 SS reduction cones. Someone goofed and put the wrong 23MM reduction cone in the package lol. I contacted CDV, they will reply on Monday I guess (they are closed on weekends I think)?

Edit: I don't think the wrong cone was put in, I just think during production of that cone, something went wrong. The majority of the color is SS, but then you have brass bleeding through in "rings" around the cone. I sent the pics to Georg, he was a bit intrigued by it lol.

Last edited:

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
I was thinking about the size and finish @Dayvidpriddy, do those tick your boxes.

Yes I'm quite pleased with the device, I don't think I'll ever use the reduction cones (except for the 22mm one) but you never know. If this thing ever comes back out in black again, I'm picking up a 22MM, every single tank I have is 22MM, but I can't complain about the extra battery size for the Dani 25. Although I do notice, it's a bit hard to tighten the battery cap using a 21700 battery, because the battery is longer, it takes extra force to completely have the battery cap tightened as far as it normally tightens, without the 21700 inside the tube.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Can anyone explain what the "animation" means when setting the "click speed" under "extended function/mod menu? Apparently if you set the click speed to 1 or 2, you get no animation (what animation are they referring to)? I'm totally clueless here and don't see a difference except for the speed. I currently have mine set to the default setting of 3.

On a side note, I'm not sure if I picked the right mod, I really think I should have gone with the 22 or 23 MM device. I don't like how the tanks sit on the reduction cones. Instead of the device being a clean/flush look from top to bottom, you don't have that when using the reduction cones. I'm not sure if I can live with that to be honest, my OCD is already kickin' in about it. I'm not sure if I want to go through the hassle of returning this to CDV, paying for return shipping, losing money on a restocking fee and then having to pay for a new device all over again.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
OK, I think I get what the "animation" thing means. If you change the click speed to 1, when you go into any menu it just POPS UP (no sliding menu on the display), if you change it to a higher number (slower click speed) you see the scrolling menu slide over onto the display.

Please confirm if I'm correct on this?

I will probably just keep this, I really don't want to go through the hassle. If they ever offer black again in their tube mods, I'm SO hopping onto a 22MM device! I should have gone with my gut, but "what's his name" lol, talked me into the 25.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
OK, I think I get what the "animation" thing means. If you change the click speed to 1, when you go into any menu it just POPS UP (no sliding menu on the display), if you change it to a higher number (slower click speed) you see the scrolling menu slide over onto the display.

Please confirm if I'm correct on this?

I will probably just keep this, I really don't want to go through the hassle. If they ever offer black again in their tube mods, I'm SO hopping onto a 22MM device! I should have gone with my gut, but "what's his name" lol, talked me into the 25.
correct, and you shoulda bought the 32.5mm...

go big or go home!!!

LOLz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread