Did u vape & use analogs or just quit analogs when vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myah_June2014

May 10, 2014
WI
Hey all, just curious if you just stopped analogs all together when u started vaping? I'm smoking a little less & am on 24 MG. I will literally chain vape & 10 minutes after I set it down I grab an analog even though It tastes like crap. I'm wondering if I should go up to 30 [my main juice vendor don't have 36] or add unflavored to get to 36. I honestly sometimes hate 24 as TH is strong in some juices. Also, by putting the nicotine & other crap in my body from the analogs that may play a factor in 24 seeming weak cuz you can't compare the 2. Or it should be the opposite, how can I chain vape 24 & smoke 10 minutes later? I wanna quit, that's the goal. I know this is so stupid cuz if I quit I would find out... Do you think I should order higher nic or are the analogs just putting that "stronger" nic in my body so 24 seems not enough? Hopefully this makes sense? So frustrating, not gonna give up.

Last edited:

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I quit the second I bought my first vaporizer. Just made a commitment to never picking up a cigarette again. Burned the rest I had, disposed of my massive lighter collection, and never looked back.

It's a lot easier to quit when there aren't any cigarettes within walking distance from you.

I don't think it's the nicotine content here that's your problem. I think it's the fixation, the addiction to the motions and process of smoking thats got you. Maybe try and find a vaporizer thats closer to a cigarette in size?

You could order the more potent juice, but at 30mg and 36mg you are at the strongest nicotine level generally available to the public. Obviously you can make your own to be much stronger, but I don't think thats the right way to go. Thats just me though.

Just pick a time and do it man.

Last edited:

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
It takes will power as well, however little that may be. Took me 5 days. But.... a day before that I had a crappy set up and was the same. What set up u got? I would recommend buying a better set up Maybe. If your set up is decent, then when u wanna grab an analog.....grab it instead. Just chain vape. It gets easier as the days go on. One day I just said... I had two today... I'll have 0 tomorrow. Then the next day both my batteries died, so I had one more analog. And that was it. The difference even after 2 weeks man....I can breathe.... no crackling or wheeze. Glorious. I feel healthy. Also try using the juices that pack a hard throat hit.

Myah_June2014

May 10, 2014
WI
Sounds crazy now that I reread & I would think if I have to grab an analog after chain vaping.... 24 isn't enough. Then again, I've heard when ppl quit analogs all together they realize lower nicotine is better. I know we're all different but hopefully ppl that smoked analogs & vaped can give me an idea of what the nicotine was like when u were done w/ analogs!

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
18 mg was plenty for me when I started vaping and even gave me a nicotine buzz. Big tobacco adds a lot of other addictive chemicals to their cigarettes to keep people hooked. Remember, theres a lot more to an addiction to cigarettes than just nicotine. More nicotine isn't always the solution.

Myah_June2014

May 10, 2014
WI
It takes will power as well, however little that may be. Took me 5 days. But.... a day before that I had a crappy set up and was the same. What set up u got? I would recommend buying a better set up Maybe. If your set up is decent, then when u wanna grab an analog.....grab it instead. Just chain vape. It gets easier as the days go on. One day I just said... I had two today... I'll have 0 tomorrow. Then the next day both my batteries died, so I had one more analog. And that was it. The difference even after 2 weeks man....I can breathe.... no crackling or wheeze. Glorious. I feel healthy. Also try using the juices that pack a hard throat hit.

I have an MVP2 & spinner 2 with PT mini 2&3 Aerotank v2 & Aerotank Mini & just got into building with Igo-w which I love. Wanna get a mech or something w/ more power but I know my setup is enough to get me to quit, just gotta commit

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I have an MVP2 & spinner 2 with PT mini 2&3 Aerotank v2 & Aerotank Mini & just got into building with Igo-w which I love. Wanna get a mech or something w/ more power but I know my setup is enough to get me to quit, just gotta commit

Bingo. Yahtzee. We have a winner!

Myah_June2014

May 10, 2014
WI
I quit the second I bought my first vaporizer. Just made a commitment to never picking up a cigarette again. Burned the rest I had, disposed of my massive lighter collection, and never looked back.

It's a lot easier to quit when there aren't any cigarettes within walking distance from you.

I don't think it's the nicotine content here that's your problem. I think it's the fixation, the addiction to the motions and process of smoking thats got you.

I think you are probably correct! I like the spinner but now that I rebuild not strong enough. I just need to quit so I can take that money & get something that's stronger. Wanted Nemesis or something but now like being able to change my power as I switch my juice alot. Think I just need to suck it up...

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I think you are probably correct! I like the spinner but now that I rebuild not strong enough. I just need to quit so I can take that money & get something that's stronger. Wanted Nemesis or something but now like being able to change my power as I switch my juice alot. Think I just need to suck it up...

You can do it. Hundreds of thousands have.

You said you have an RDA right? Go to MyFreedomSmokes.com and check out their mechanical mod section. You can get one for $24.95... Nemesis, Chi You, King, Caravela, etc... And their base USPS Priority shipping has shown up in two days without fail.

Must warn you though, getting a mech mod with an RDA may lead to cloud chasing. A symptom where you continually try and change the weather with your vaporizer. :)

David1975

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2014
Northlake, IL, USA
I grabbed my first e-cig in March(I don't count attempts with Blu!)lol . I still smoked for the first week, although I only had 6-7, and that last one was3 puffs at most. I think the "need" to have a tobacco cig for me, was really just a problem of breaking the habit of walking outside and lighting up. I did as you put it "chain vape" quite frequently at first.... every time I wanted a smoke, I learned to just vape till the urge went away. I can't say, looking back now that it was hard, but as others have said, it requires will power. I could have probably just quit the day I got the e-cig if I had tossed my smokes on the way home. I guess that would be my advice to you, don't up the level way past where you were at smoking, just toss the smokes and commit. Every day you go without a tobacco smoke is another day it gets easier. My final FYI... after about a month-month and a half without tobacco I started feeling short of breath, best described as though someone had a belt around my chest. I wouldn't tell you not to see a doc (disclaimer LOL) but for me, I was as the doc said "feeling the damage years of smoking had done". From what he said, tobacco paralyzes your lungs so you don't feel the damage your causing. The good news, it goes away.... this is the sign your lungs are beginning to heal(at least was for me). On a plus side....My doc if now promoting e-cigs to smokers as he had previously never seen this in anyone other than those no longer using nicotine at all.

Paradicio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2014
Altadena, CA
I quit 4 days after I started vaping. And for the last 2 of those 4 days I only had 1 each day. I smoked a pack a day for 21 years.

I forced myself to vape like I smoked. I know it took me 6 minutes to smoke an analog, so I would vape for 6 mins then stop. And I would do that 20 times a day. I did not allow myself to chain vape.

Following those rules, which I don't even think about anymore, I've been able to quit with almost zero desire for an analog. I started with 12mg of nicotine.

In the short time since I started I've cut my nic level down to 6mg. I will probably stay at this level for a while before I try cutting back again.

All of that said, nothing changes unless you want it to.. If you really want to quit, then quit. Toss out the analogs and do not even allow yourself the option to smoke them. You can do it. You just have to want to do it.

Last edited:

Myah_June2014

May 10, 2014
WI
You can do it. Hundreds of thousands have.

You said you have an RDA right? Go to MyFreedomSmokes.com and check out their mechanical mod section. You can get one for $24.95... Nemesis, Chi You, King, Caravela, etc... And their base USPS Priority shipping has shown up in two days without fail.

Must warn you though, getting a mech mod with an RDA may lead to cloud chasing. A symptom where you continually try and change the weather with your vaporizer. :)
I have been wanting to get a mech as I love rebuilding now & I like big clouds lol. Only thing I'm worried about with this & feel free to PM me if u wanna give me tips, advice, which one is less finicky, [ex, love the Genesis but everyone has issues with the switch & adjusting] but w/ my vv/vw I can control my vape & it's going to change with every build on mech mod correct? I'm not REALLY specific w/ ohms law but I'm not sure I would jump into sub ohming right away anyway. I do think the more "powerful" aspect of a mech might help but like I said, the fact it is a regulated device will always be consistent. I can change my vape depending on what I want. Mech, your more stuck. Can u tell I over analyze everything lol.. Guess I decide which aspect of what is more important!

Last edited:

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
Things like reading this gives me cravings. I got a massive one right now. I would love to go have an analog. I'm not even joking. Just took a few drags off my e cig. Now I'm in a bearable state. I can overcome the craving. You have the same set up as me. Ur fine. You just need to grab for the e cig instead of the cigarettes and find a juice that works for you. For me often it's juicy gum. You need to actually want to do it. Here's what got me.
I say this in love man. But honestly....you smell really horrible. You smell disgusting.... almost all the time... people just don't tell u. Even if you think u don't....u do. And also this

http://whyquit.com/whyquit/A_Benefits_Time_Table.html

Now my craving is gone.. don't up your much level. But I wouldn't lower it either.

Here's what I did. Smoked 0.1mg analogs. My levels now.... 1.2 on vaping. I alternate between it and 0.6.
Just you still need to have the willpower to say no to tobacco. Find something that works for you. If you need to vape 15ml of liquid a day, by all means....

Seanchai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Georgia, USA
Detoxing from all the other crap in cigarettes is the tough part - it may be the need for those, and not higher nic, that's making you want to smoke. (Needing higher nic is still a possibility; everyone is different).

I had no problems making the switch, but I don't drive or have access to mass transit, so cutting off my access to analogs was as simple as not putting them on the grocery list anymore - bingo, no access to analogs and no temptation. It was still rough, but I didn't backslide because backsliding wasn't an option available to me.

My mother has had a heckuva time... she vapes for three months or so, goes back to smokes, goes back to vaping, goes back to smokes, etc. There's nothing "wrong" with that if that's what you're happy with, but if your goal is to get off the analogs completely, cutting off your access simplifies the process considerably.

The first two weeks were the roughest for me. If I'd had smokes, I'd've smoked them. After two weeks, I'd detoxed from all the auxilliary chemicals, my sense of smell and taste began to return, and I didn't *want* a cigarette anymore. Still don't.

You have decent gear, so I doubt buying more would help much at this stage - yes, there are things that might give you a better vape, yes, you may (or may not) benefit from higher nic... but the main thing you're missing, as you've identified, is that last little bit of willpower. Once you've *found* that little bit of willpower, and you've spent 2 weeks vaping your face off every time you want a smoke, *then* maybe look at upgrading your gear, if that's interesting to you. But new gear can't get that monkey off your back just by owning it. :)

Myah_June2014

May 10, 2014
WI
Thank you everyone, hearing all your stories just reinforce the fact "I CAN QUIT" I just gotta resist the evil stinky sticks & do it. Spencer McGill, that is a scary but good link, Just thinking some things repair fast & others don't.. July 20th of last year I found my mom 1 minute after suffering a massive stroke from a brain aneurysm. Worst day of my life, the last conversation I had w/ my Mom was about quitting smoking. I know it's a couple weeks but I'm making that my stop date, she would be proud:) I will be sure to update or make a new thread when I have success! Ty again

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
It took me 3 months to make the transition. I smoked less and less while finding a setup, juice and backups that would sustain me when I finally did stop smoking. I was able to quit all together using the little 510 batts, direct dripping in attys. I ordered an eGo and it was better... a 3.7 box mod and it was better.. cartos and it was better. ect ect.

I don't know if I used "will power" so to speak. I did want to quit smoking and I finally found that I liked vaping more.

Last edited:

catlady60

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Nazareth, PA
When I started vaping in October, 2013, I still was using analogs, but was able to cut down literally overnight from a pack and a half to no more than 6 a day. I restricted my analog use to the time my batt was charging, since I didn't understand the concept of backups for my backups when I first started vaping. I quit analogs a month later.

BladeZ

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Dortmund, Germany
I started vaping since 2011.. At that point of time the regulation in the country that wont be named, was not very strict and the moment I got my vaping device, I quit analog.. Certain reason why I have to quit, analog is expensive here and of course I want to be healthy.. Therefore I manage to stop right after I start vaping..

Then comes 2012, I heard a bad news from 4 of my friends.. They were caught for 'e-cig in possesion'.. The were heavily fined and my case I have to discard all my devices and juices before it is my turn.. From that point on, I went back to analog..

Till recently I went back to my home country and noticed the e-cig community is quite big.. And that's when I return back to vaping.. However the difference now is I still smoke.. Never entirely quit.. Max 5 sticks a day.. One thing I realize from these experience is, I'm too exposed with analog back here.. First it is cheaper a lot.. Second the market is big.. And lastly my friends mostly on analog.. So I don't know about u guys.. But that's my personal experience..

CryoGen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2014
Tampa, FL
I timed the purchase of my starter kit to coincide with the last cig in my last pack. I thought it would be best not to have a cig around me when I started vaping. I started at, and am still using, 12 mg nic. That was January 6th, 2014. I have not had a cig since. I was ready to quit. I had tried several other methods over the previous 2 years and failed each time. I also do not inhale when I vape. I let it linger in my mouth then blow it out. That gets enough nicotine into me to satisfy any craving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread