Did u vape & use analogs or just quit analogs when vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Day after I bought my first kit, I smoked my last cigarette. About a month into vaping I bought a pack, took one hit and hated it. Threw the pack in the trash right there at the convenience store. The one thought I remember vividly was 'I could have bought a whole bottle of juice with what that pack of cigarettes cost'.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I quit the day I received my first kit (Halo). I had one cig left and threw it out and just made up my mind to not buy anymore period. I had smoked for 30 years and never really tried to quit before this. I surprised myself. Its been 9 months and I am loving my vaping life!

We all probably think we need cigarettes after vaping. Quitting cold turkey is good if you can do it. Stepping down gradually is probably the best method for long term smokers. Set targets and allow yourself a cigarette at crucial times when you know the craving will hit. Space the remaining few out and only smoke at those times, then drop one a week until the last one is gone.

Vape like a freight train when the craving hits!!! It will go away in a few minutes if you do. Remember that it takes longer for nic to get into your system with an ecig. Most of the ecig nic gets absorbed through the mucous membranes, not the lungs, so there's some lag time.

Myah_June2014

May 10, 2014
    WI
    I used both for a good while.
    I didn't know about 90 percent of the equipment out there so I was trying with cigalikes and egos from October till March; and those things had me so aggravated I smoking twice as much. I was having a major vascular surgery done on March 10th where I would be stuck in the hospital bed for a week with no chance to get out the bed, moreless outside to grab a smoke; so, I went to a b&m in desperation and got an mvp2 with an aerotank along with a crash course on what vaping really is. I bought a bunch of juice and extra tank, extra coils, when I left and recovered from the sticker shock, I felt like I was prepping for the apocalypse. I smoked my last cig at 3 in the morning on March 10th. And spent the next week using the MVP as a pacifier. That thing only left my lips to refill the tank. When I got out the hospital, I discovered google, ECF and while new world of vaping. I searched and researched and finally, I bought a provari, a few RBAs and a mech/patriot.
    Now I DIY my own juice and use the provari/kfl or provari/Taifun all day everyday and hit the mech to subohm once ins while; it's not really my thing but I use it to test my DIY Jude without needing a tank.
    The trick, honestly, for most is finding what system works for you.
    My wife spent about 8 months on blus with a Marlboro chaser. When I got my provari, she claimed ownership of the MVP/aero and hasn't smoked a cigarette since. She just upgraded to another innokin product with a tumblr and loves it.
    Last night we were at a bar for a going away party and neither one of us had the urge for a cig we were happy vaping and drinking heavily.
    Once you find what works for you, you'll have no problem putting them down.
    I tend to advise people on the MVP/aero as a starter setup because it provides you with the ability to tailor every part of your vape to your liking; from the power of the unit by adjusting voltage and wattage to the toghtnes of the draw by adjusting the airflow. That whole setup can be bought at Driving down the cost of vaping! - 101 Vape for 60 bucks. 40 for the MVP and 20 for the aero. At first most people set the wattage around 7.5-9 watts and leaves it there till they are comfortable with adjusting itS the battery is huge at 2600mah, I was getting almost 2 full days on a charge. From the MVP you may grow into other vape gear as a lot of us have, some want high power, some mechs, i prefer the consistency of Provape. Not one product out there is for everyone, it's a growing experience and the MVP is a great place to start for Several reasons, it lets you slowly experiment with different styles of vaping without spending a ton of money.
    Some people are happy with just the MVP, like my wife, thankfully. You just have to keep focused in what you like, so many people try to push there style of vaping on another person without taking into account what is best for you and what is going to make you successful at switching over.
    Best of luck!!!

Yeah, I agree w/ the beginning sticker price!! Very expensive but I know once I quit it will level out. I went to a liquor store that has "starter kits & yucky juice" it was the ego-t 650 mah. Realized, no. Looked & read online, looked & read more & got Halo G6 for me my BF. Within a day, nope that wasn't gonna cut it either grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Sticker price is X2 since it's both of us. Then, like u I found ECF! Got an ego spinner & MVP2 so the box & pen style mod was covered. I've cut down, & now that I got am Igo-w & realized rebuilding is fun & easy the MVP2 just doesn't 100% do it. Don't wanna cloud chase but do enjoy good amount of vapor. Was gonna get a mech mod but after having a regulated device I'm leaning towards the Hana mod or Sigelei, [kinda best of both worlds] probably Hana cuz I'm used to the box. Trying to get feedback on both but being newer, not getting much. Now I gotta figure out which RDA to get lol. Love dripping but a RDA would be good for when I'm out & about.
    Oh, also started DIY right out of the gate which didn't work so well since I had never tasted a "quality" juice lol. Now it's getting a little easier, still working on it but will perfect it:)

Myah_June2014

May 10, 2014
    WI
    Instead of going up past 24, I've lowered it to 18 & 30 PG 70 VG. Actually enjoy it much more. It's definitely the right combination of being comfortable w/ the gear, juice, nic level & now comes will power, determination or just breaking that mental routine with analogs! Ty all, great stories. Keep them coming as it's helped me & will hopefully help ppl that stumble upon this thread that love to hear success stories or maybe are struggling & just unsure as what gear helped us & so on!

Last edited:

rhean

ECF Veteran
    Jul 10, 2013
    Madison, Wisconsin
    It's been almost a year. Started with an Njoy, moved on to Evod/Protank+ego batteries. Quit immediately. atm I'm using mechs and rdas, at 6% nicotine level. I've had people smoke around me, and I have no temptation to smoke. I've had ciggies offered to me, and accepted them. They make me nauseous, and they're not as satisfying as a vape.

Cough is gone, stink is gone, teeth are white again, lol. Vaping is still cheaper than smoking, despite the mechs and the rdas :) :)

Vaping is a good thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread