DIGIFLAVOR SIREN V2 MTL GTA TANK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
On this style of atomizer, an air leak from the gasket wouldn't cause the leaking through the bottom airflow. This atomizer doesn't work off of negative pressure, only positive pressure floods the build deck and can't be created from just an oring air leak. The only way it can leak through there is the liquid is going through the airhole. I'd ensure your wicks are pulled out away from that airflow and not touching and causing a bridge for the liquid to run down.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    If you have a tiny screwdriver this works great, wet your wick a little ,with your tails in the wick slots put your thumb over the slot and gently insert the tiny screwdriver under the wick and lift up and out toward the wick slots, this creates a nice waterfall wick effect and keeps it up and off the air holes. I started using this technique on all rta's after it worked on my Kayfun.

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    I'm still trying to find out where is the mid size o-ring used in the tank, if it is in the base somewhere it might help.

The mid-sized o-ring goes at the top of the tank. At first glance, it seems like the large o-ring (with a ledge - the mid-sized o-ring is perfectly round) is also used at the top, but it won't seal properly. The mid-sized ring has to be stretched around the top cap and used there.

I discovered this via the most painful of instructors - experience. Due to warnings here, I was very careful when removing the glass from the top so as not to damage the o-ring. I failed. Further investigation revealed that the blasted o-ring had more-or-less fused itself to the glass. It took me ages to get all the remaining o-ring scraped off the glass.

Reactions: stols001

Quexos

ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    USA
    Ahem...my second one in Gun Metal arrived today after 3-4 days from eciggity. I now have a 22 and 24mm version. The only difference I noticed other than the obvious capacity and size, and different box it came in, is the lower O-ring is "L" shaped instead of flat/square. So that one could be put on upside down and possibly leak if that mistake is made? Something to check for anyone with leaking?

This one had both O-rings firmly fused to the glass and it was very hard to take apart for a "first time use cleaning" and did leave bits of O-ring stuck to the glass that took a lot of scraping off. They do include 4 extra O-rings of each type...good thing.

Otherwise, no leaking or problems.

Edit: Well, scratch that! The new 24mm one leaks bad. Just pours out the air holes and bottom. Half way through the first tank it started, and now after 3 more attempts to re-coil, re-wick, refill, and triple check all the O-rings, wick position, and everything else I could think of it leaked every time within minutes. Packing it up and sending it back.

It has all the same problems described by others further back in this thread. Loose top, fused O-rings, leaks. :-x

Last edited:

FichoZG

May 19, 2017
    Croatia
    I did have the same problem ^^ with my 24mm blue Siren 2, it badly leaked through the AFC holes and from the bottom where the 510 pin is. I screwed the central 510 pin harder, and now it doesn't leak from the bottom, but I can still get leaking from the AFC holes if I don't do the wicking right (cotton touching the central post where the 3 holes are).

Next time I put more cotton in the wick holes (3mmID 26ga 7 wrap SS spaced coil), and now it's good.

My main problem with this tank, in my opinion, is the flavor, it's kinda "all around", not rich as in my Berserker. I bought this tank for flavor, making sure my coil covers all 3 holes, but not really impressed. I think they screwed up with the 3 airholes thing

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I do think the flavor is better in the Berserker, but as an all around tank, the Siren V2 has my vote, I took mine to the Tucson (biyearly) Fourth Ave street festival and it did not leak a drop, even when I was trying on a pair of Tibetan Sherpa pants (and letting my mom buy them for me) as she was so excited about them (over my jeans). I'm not quite sure what even requires Tibetan Sherpa pants is in my future, but certainly something will be (and it won't be climbing Everest either) I just realized we couldn't leave until my mom bought me a piece of clothing since I helped her select two, and honestly, I saw no reason why it should not be those pants. Although, I AM confused about what to wear with them. They're ah, bright.

But a good time was had by all, and I got to dance with a very elderly, clearly gay old man (my husband confirmed this, says he has talked to him before, which is plausible) to THE WORST band of all time, possibly. He was so happy to have a dance partner, and those are the times I am happiest to dance-- when I have very LOW expectations of myself. Although I did notice a bunch of very elderly dudes flocking to my "location" afterward (I assume those dudes were NOT gay) but it was mostly time to leave in any case.

The Siren V2 did not LEAK on the dance floor either. The only thing that could have made events better would have been if I had already owned those pants and was wearing them.

Just them :lol::lol:, because seriously the 4th ave street festival is where anything goes. Peta was there, and I talked to them about tasty, human meat if I had to "save an animal" and my son both signed the "legalize it" petition, and then encouraged they guy to go smoke it in front of the cops and achieve an "informational" arrest... The petition guy said he was going to do it.

I will be checking the local news tomorrow. :)

Anna

Reactions: FichoZG

Chodi

ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2016
    It's already been commented several times that the V2 is not one of the better flavor tanks. It is possible to get decent to good flavor from this tank by using small diameter coils and less wick than you would suspect. If I was to look for a flavor tank there are far better choices. We have that "Vaping with Vic" reviewer to thank for the 3 hole thing. Seems he claims it was his idea and they decided to go with it. I agree with many that it was a bad decision.

Quexos

ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    USA
    Both the "youtube reviewer suggested" changes are crap. The 3 air hole thing (widens the center post too much) that basically forces the wick to touch the post (and bridge a leak), and the non threaded top so you can only click it in place, not tighten it, and in the case of my 24mm, it is just flopping loose on there and I can not tighten it.

I have no idea how mine is leaking. Think of a straw (the chimney and deck cover) when you place your finger on the top and submerge it in liquid and no liquid enters the straw...then remove your finger. I think that is what is going on under the deck cover on this. It must just run in through the threads and wick under the deck cover, flood up to the air hole level, and run down and out the bottom. This was not a slow leak, it was straight up flowing out. drip...drip....drip, right out the bottom air holes.

I had plenty of wick in the ports, any more would have totally compressed it and stopped all wicking. My wick was not touching anything except the coil and the bottom ports, so no "bridges". I even tried a 3.5mm (huge in this device) diameter coil to allow more cotton. Bah!

• Useful

Chodi

ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2016
    I am going to add to the general depression I read into this thread. Today I received my second Siren V2 from 2F deal. The first I got was in black and this one is silver. The only reason I ordered this second one was because they had a flash sale and I had a coupon which together got me this "copy" Siren V2 for $8. Both the Siren V2 I have are supposedly copies yet they are both perfect 24mm versions. Further I have rebuilt the first black one now more than a dozen times to try to get the best flavor and never had a leak. I have been using it for several days and it looks and works flawlessly. If these are copies they are sending out they are a super bargain possibly better made than the original.

I would still point out that even in the best possible build it is just average for flavor production compared to many tanks that I own. I would not call this Siren V2 a flavor monster. I would also say that I get better flavor by changing the supplied drip tip but that may just be a personal thing. It is a 510 so most of my 510 drip tips fit. I will probably leave this second one in the box and save it as a spare.

Quexos

ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    USA
    I got curious and tried one more time with the 24mm version. I was obsessively careful about the coil and wick, making damned sure the wick was not touching anything and that there was enough to fill the wick ports but not compress much and snug inside the coil with the coil about 2mm above the 3 air holes. The wick was saturated before I put the cover on. I filled it only a little more than half way, not over the top of the deck cover. Took a couple hits off it, then set it down and watched it.

I could see the liquid level drop about 1/4 inch from about 1mm below the top of the deck cover to a bit under the half way point of the main deck housing (it leaked down the middle, flooding into the base) until the liquid level evened out with the air holes inside the deck. Nothing came out of the bottom air holes (because I didn't fill it enough to leak that much), but when I hit it again, it gurgled and slurped. Then I tilted it just a bit toward the air holes and watched them....as they filled with liquid. This 24mm one I have is junk. Leaks every time for no apparent reason.

The good news is, eciggity was good about it and has shipped me a replacement...another 22mm one at my request. I don't trust the 24mm at all now. The capacity is nice, but not if it's going to be so fiddly and troublesome.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    It's so interesting how everyone has such different experiences with the same (or at least similar enough) equipment. My Siren V2 hasn't given me a single leak once I figured out how to wick it correctly. I really enjoy the flavor, and it's a smooooth vape. I'm running a boysenberry mix in it now and I really taste the flavor notes. I think the Berserker is fantastic for flavor too....

The doggystyle, which everyone says is a flavor monster, it will be a cold day in hell before I get that thing up and running.... I suppose I should stop saying that in order to not reinforce the cycle of suckage, but that tank has been unvapable (by me, thus far) and I know tons of folks love it. I guess there is just personal preference and whims of... whatever causing these widely divergent experiences, but I could vape my Siren all day long and be pretty happy. It's a bit of a juice drinker, but closing down the airholes helped that some. To me it feels a lot arier than a true MTL tank, but not enough that I don't enjoy it a great deal. It's the first RTA I was happy taking out of the house....

Anna

Quexos

ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    USA
    It's so interesting how everyone has such different experiences with the same (or at least similar enough) equipment.

Yep. It's odd. My 22mm Siren 2 has been near perfect, like you said, once I figured out how to wick it properly. Just no luck with the 24mm. I find the Sirens to be pretty tight even with the air wide open, since the air holes in the deck are so small, opening it wide up is about the same as closing off a hole or two at the bottom. Of course if you want it tight, you can get it as tight as you want by closing it down as low as only part of one small hole. I keep mine wide open and still wish for just a bit more air sometimes.

I had a Nautilus (the big one, 5ml? 4.5ml?) and that thing leaked and gurgled on me too, which is how I wound up with the Siren. Not every time, just randomly about half the time. I did all the usual stuff, making sure the coil was tight, etc. etc., still leaked. I sent it to my Buddy who owns a couple e-cig shops (The Vape-Zone) in Tuscon, and he's been using it ever since...with no leaks at all. Go figure.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I have a big leaky Nautilus in my vape closet somewhere. I bought it early on in my vaping experience (and I am fairly certain it is authentic, as best as I can tell) and that thing leaked like a SIEVE. I would've PIF to someone, but I didn't want to inflict that experience on another vaper, that's how bad it was.. I suppose now that I am slightly more knowledgeable about vape equipment I could pore over it with a fine tooth comb and maybe find a wonky 0-ring or something, but honestly, the vape reminded me of older setups that I'd vaped a long time ago, flavorless, having to drag a long time to get anything out of it, etc., and by then I already had some other tanks. To be fair to the original nautilus, it's hard to get great flavor and draws from something that is literally leaking like a sieve, I mean, maybe two draws before it emptied completely.... But, it distinctly made me NOT want to fiddle with it further, given my limited experience at the time.

But I am also weird with the Berserker I feel it performs best (in all ways) in the 2 ml configuration and the draw is so tight and flavor so good, I don't actually fill it repeatedly very much at all (no gurgling either). I think some tanks do perform better with a smaller form factor, so perhaps that is what is going on. Kind of makes me interested in the 22 mm smaller Siren except I really love how the bigger one performs....

Anna

Quexos

ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    USA
    I think some tanks do perform better with a smaller form factor, so perhaps that is what is going on. Kind of makes me interested in the 22 mm smaller Siren except I really love how the bigger one performs....
    Anna

If you have a "good" 24mm Siren, I say stick with it! That said, I found my 22mm and 24mm to be identical in performance and feel (leaking aside). But the larger the physical size, I would think, the larger chance of manufacturing tollerance causing a defect, like the loose top on my 24mm, vs the nice snug fit of the 22mm.

• Agree
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread