DIGIFLAVOR SIREN V2 MTL GTA TANK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
We have all seen the movie a dozen times. They are traveling in a space ship and the monster is in the airlock. The airlock door is opened and the monster is sucked out into space. No different than your leaking tank but without the theater credits. The tank requires a vacuum to seal properly or it will leak. If it is not an o-ring issue then the tank is defective and will not seal properly causing leaking. It is that simple.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: stols001

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I may be wrong but I thought neither one of the siren tanks worked off of vacuum. If they did then wouldn’t they leak when you take off the top cap to fill?

You are supposed to close the airflow control when you fill. I have noticed that if you are using one of the single airflow holes and you cover it with your finger you can fill safely.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I don't change or close off the airhole rings either. No leaking or gurgling or spitback. Don't all tanks work of a vacuum to a certain extent (I am prepared to be very wrong here).

Anna

RDA's don't of course since you can drip directly into them. Most rta's that I know of do require a seal.

• Useful

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I don't change or close off the airhole rings either. No leaking or gurgling or spitback. Don't all tanks work of a vacuum to a certain extent (I am prepared to be very wrong here).

Anna
All RTAs with the deck at the bottom work off a vacuum. The RTAs with the deck at the top, don't. They can be dripped into. I guess that's why they call them RDTAs.

Reactions: hittman

Quexos

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
USA
OK, I've had my second 22mm (replacement for the leaky 24mm) one for a while now. No leaks, and works fine, but the top is extremely loose, like the 24mm one was. By loose, I mean they are so loose they can work off just by the contact of my lips on it while using it if I don't consciously keep a "tightening action" on it while using it.

I guess they are just drilling that groove for the lid seal a tad too deep.

Houssam

Nov 29, 2016
Good news, so that indicates some are faulty then and it is not we are wrongly wicking it. I'm still waiting for my replacement. My top is also lose, I have added a small o-ring from a an old drip tip under the big silicon and it is better now.

Attachments

• IMG_0190.jpg
    IMG_0190.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 176

Quexos

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
USA
I did the same with a drip tip o-ring, and it does help...but the flaw is still annoying.

On my 24mm, I tried every conceivable wicking variation and coil diameter I could and it still leaked. Meanwhile both the 22mm ones do not leak even when I mess up the wicking and make it a bit thin and expect a leak. It's odd because I can look at them all under a magnifying glass and see no difference (other than the size of course) or flaws in the 24mm that indicate why it leaks. I just chocked it up to larger tank = more "juice pressure " forcing it through the wick and deck threads. But if that's the case, why doesn't everyone's 24mm leak? /shrug

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You have to wick the larger one really tightly is all I can offer. VERY tight in the coil and then thin the wick fairly well. I have a 22mm coming and will be interested in seeing the differences. I use rayon and won't get leaks until the coil/wick really starts to go (at an inconvenient time) but we are talking a week/week and a half.

Good luck!

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Rubber (gloves or mat) will increase gripping capacity. I'd probably go with hot water first, since the metal may expand. One of those tiny "gripper" things they make (sort of a tiny version of the "gripper" circles that are used to open glass jars (only smaller) if you have one. If you don't well, I have found that they tend to make my life easier, it's not always the first "take apart" that I have problems with, can get them really cheaply from Fasttech and other places.

Good luck. I don't have my 22 mm yet, but my 24 mm was pretty hard to get apart the first time. Good luck.

My husband will take calipers to my tank (those metal crank things that you can make smaller or larger) but since he broke one of my tanks, he always goes easy now and will usually wrap the tank in a cloth or whatnot, these days) although I've found using the above will usually do the trick for me. Good luck,

Anna

Reactions: bigbob2322

john1211

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Troy, NY
Rubber (gloves or mat) will increase gripping capacity. I'd probably go with hot water first, since the metal may expand. One of those tiny "gripper" things they make (sort of a tiny version of the "gripper" circles that are used to open glass jars (only smaller) if you have one. If you don't well, I have found that they tend to make my life easier, it's not always the first "take apart" that I have problems with, can get them really cheaply from Fasttech and other places.

Good luck. I don't have my 22 mm yet, but my 24 mm was pretty hard to get apart the first time. Good luck.

My husband will take calipers to my tank (those metal crank things that you can make smaller or larger) but since he broke one of my tanks, he always goes easy now and will usually wrap the tank in a cloth or whatnot, these days) although I've found using the above will usually do the trick for me. Good luck,

Anna
I got it. Used hot water then small pliers. All is good. thanks

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
You have to wick the larger one really tightly is all I can offer. VERY tight in the coil and then thin the wick fairly well. I have a 22mm coming and will be interested in seeing the differences. I use rayon and won't get leaks until the coil/wick really starts to go (at an inconvenient time) but we are talking a week/week and a half.

Good luck!

Anna

Yes, the V2 is closer to other RTA's when it comes to Rayon use, with thinner wicks in the channel, as compared to the Siren V1 where you HAD to jam the Rayon into the channels of else it would flood. It took a few times to get it wicking correctly, since I had gotten used to finally getting the wicking down on the V1 when the V2 came out.

I also went down to 26 gauge wire so I could have longer coils to help bridge the gap and still get the resistance I like.

FichoZG

May 19, 2017
Croatia
I managed to broke the center pin on my Siren 2 24mm by tightening it too much (it was leaking from the bottom everytime, tried numerous wicking methods). I'm not even mad, I expected so much more from this tank, yet the Berserker and even my Kayfun Prime YFTK clone work better for me.

Is there somewhere I could buy a spare center pin ? I can't sell this RTA now that it's broken

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm sure there is but I'm not sure where. I think someone will be along, probably.

BTW, I have discovered via experimenting, there are only certain flavors I have that play well in this tank, particularly stronger, sweeter juices. I started out with them, but upon trying some other flavors, they can mute fairly easily. So, before anyone gives up on this tank totally for "flavor" well you need the right juice. I just kind of lucked into my first pick and liked it so much, I didn't use another juice until I got the 22 ml size. I still LOVE this tank. I use rayon though, and I find that I get so many less leaking issues than with cotton... It's great.

I hope you get it fixed, FichoZG. I can tell you for future reference, over-screwing in your tank on ANY leaking RTA isn't going to fix it. Wicking is what will "fix" it, and wicking correctly. I go pretty tight in the coil (may try easing up on that shortly) with a fair amount of tail trimming and thinning. I have to say, I am fond of this tank as it was my first real "non-leaking and non-seeping tank," and I kind of learned to wick correctly with this one, so you may want to try more later if you are able to replace the pin. I really like it.

Anna

Reactions: FichoZG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread