DIGIFLAVOR SIREN V2 MTL GTA TANK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I have read several comments about problems with the top caps and various forms of leaking on this V2. I thought I would point out for those considering buying who have not yet bought that I own 2 of the supposed copies (24mm) of the V2 from 2F vape. They are both perfect in every respect. They exhibit no leaking of any kind and the top caps seal perfectly. They may be clones but even if they are they are identical to the original in every possible way except one, the o-rings supplied are different than the original. I view that as a good thing considering all the negative reports about the o-rings. They have both looked and performed flawlessly. I have one silver and one black. The price is less than the original by a considerable amount. I am not in the habit of hawking clones, but these seem to perform better than the originals. Just a point of information. Also you can ignore the photos posted on 2F for these as they arrive exactly as the original.

Houssam

Nov 29, 2016
Rubber (gloves or mat) will increase gripping capacity. I'd probably go with hot water first, since the metal may expand. One of those tiny "gripper" things they make (sort of a tiny version of the "gripper" circles that are used to open glass jars (only smaller) if you have one. If you don't well, I have found that they tend to make my life easier, it's not always the first "take apart" that I have problems with, can get them really cheaply from fasttech and other places.
Anna

Not sure I know which grippers you mean, can you post a link please? thanks a lot

Reactions: stols001

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    Had my gunmetal Siren V2 for a couple of weeks now (22mm version) and I like it quite a bit. I've only had one leak through the AF-ring, but I think it was because I was in a rush and didn't make sure the cotton was not touching the airflow thing in the middle. Bubbles do form, but I haven't experienced any issues with them. They work themselves out. Flavor with the pre-made coil was pretty good. Flavor with my home-made kanthal coils are just ok. I have some SS316L inbound which I'm sure will help a ton. I've grown accustomed to the flavor SS provide, which is probably why I'm struggling with the flavor on this tank. I do get a loud pop whenever it's been sitting for a while, but I guess that's down to my wicking "skills" which I don't have yet. It also seem to drink juice as I find myself constantly refilling, however it does provide a lot more throat hit compared to my Cubis Pro (which will last me pretty much all day).

Anyway the main reason I got this tank was to save money by building and wicking myself. So far so good :) Except maybe for the juice part.

john1211

ECF Veteran
    Mar 1, 2013
    Troy, NY
    Had my gunmetal Siren V2 for a couple of weeks now (22mm version) and I like it quite a bit. I've only had one leak through the AF-ring, but I think it was because I was in a rush and didn't make sure the cotton was not touching the airflow thing in the middle. Bubbles do form, but I haven't experienced any issues with them. They work themselves out. Flavor with the pre-made coil was pretty good. Flavor with my home-made kanthal coils are just ok. I have some SS316L inbound which I'm sure will help a ton. I've grown accustomed to the flavor SS provide, which is probably why I'm struggling with the flavor on this tank. I do get a loud pop whenever it's been sitting for a while, but I guess that's down to my wicking "skills" which I don't have yet. It also seem to drink juice as I find myself constantly refilling, however it does provide a lot more throat hit compared to my Cubis Pro (which will last me pretty much all day).

Anyway the main reason I got this tank was to save money by building and wicking myself. So far so good :) Except maybe for the juice part.
    I have had the siren 2 for three months and love it, no problems. I use 28 awg kanthol, 7 wraps, about 1.6 ohms and vape at 10.8 watts, I use muji cotton for wicking. Good luck

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I've had my first one running a while and also got a 22 mm version which I also love. I find it gets great flavor for me generally and really shines with fruits more than any other flavors, but I just love it. I never had a V1 to compare it to, but for me with the builds I use (around 1.0 ohms SS) and with rayon, it's a delight and one of the easiest RTAs I've ever set up. I doubt mine will go out of rotation any time soon... :) Glad to hear someone else is really enjoying it. :)

Anna

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    I have had the siren 2 for three months and love it, no problems. I use 28 awg kanthol, 7 wraps, about 1.6 ohms and vape at 10.8 watts, I use muji cotton for wicking. Good luck
    I'm currently using 26awg kanthal, 7 wraps spaced and it comes out at around 1 ohm. I bump it up to 20w. Maybe I should try a contact coil next, see if it makes any difference. I'm pretty sure I still have over 9 meters of kanthal left so plenty of wire to experiment a little.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I'm using my Siren V2 as my work tank, I think it lacks a bit in flavor, but it is so reliable, mine has only leaked once, and that when left it too long before rewicking, otherwise it's been bone dry and so easy to fill, just other tanks I have produce better flavor, so it will be the only 1 I have.

Knut arne

Sep 1, 2016
    Norway
    IMG_3404.JPG
    Got mine today also, 4 wraps, spaced coil of 28awgkanthal. 1 ohm. Got it right at the first try. It sits maybe 3 mm above airflow holes.
    As others have pointed out its a little muted at flavour compared to kayfun5/ares ,but ill try to lower the coil a little next time. Its still ok. My 70%vg30pg mix is running very fast in this tank, but the bell is also very wide almost touching the glass so maybe my eyes are tricking me to think its a little more thirsty. Its easy to wick !

When i first got it the top o-ring was stucked to the glass and broke, i just took the replacement glass and new o-rings. The manual does not specify that the round oring goes to the top section, i had to wash it good, there was some white stuff inside the top cap around the seal. The top cap is very good so far, have not gotten loose by itself.
    And no problems with air in the bell, it is a little dry sometimes if its kept on the side with little juice inside for longer time. Never had the siren 1 so i cant compare it, but im loving it so far.

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    Has anyone tried 70pg with this? I have a lot of bottles laying around from before I started DIY'ing, and I'd rather avoid leaking all over my mod if it's 'incompatible' with thinner juice.

Edit: Works fine with 70 pg as well :p
    Started leaking just now. So for 70/30 it's 3 days until leak, 30/70 it's 1 day and I guess 50/50 is going to be 2 days. It's like clockworks with this tank. I expected it to hold juice at least a week, but so far nope. I really wish it had those 2 metal things next to the airflow like the Ares.

• Optimistic
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread