Not open for further replies.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
OMG! I just busted the positive pins on both of my new 24mm Sirens! :-x
After busting the first one, I assumed it was a goner, put it aside and requested an RMA from Eciggity. Opened up my second one to build, gently tightened the pin, and snap!

Upon closer examination, it appears these come in two parts, and I was able to unscrew and remove the remaining piece. I think the proper way to tighten these might be to remove the outer piece first, tighten the inner piece, then very gently screw in the outer piece.

It doesn't look like Eciggity sells replacement pins, but I canceled the RMA and ordered some new pins directly from geekvape. Glad there's a fix, but bummed, 'cause I was really diggin' this tank.
cntr-pin.jpg

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
OMG! I just busted the positive pins on both of my new 24mm Sirens! :-x
After busting the first one, I assumed it was a goner, put it aside and requested an RMA from Eciggity. Opened up my second one to build, gently tightened the pin, and snap!

Upon closer examination, it appears these come in two parts, and I was able to unscrew and remove the remaining piece. I think the proper way to tighten these might be to remove the outer piece first, tighten the inner piece, then very gently screw in the outer piece.

It doesn't look like Eciggity sells replacement pins, but I canceled the RMA and ordered some new pins directly from geekvape. Glad there's a fix, but bummed, 'cause I was really diggin' this tank.
assembled.jpg
2piece.jpg
sidexside.jpg

Reactions: stols001

incineratorz26

Aug 5, 2018
Hi guys, been vaping on my siren 2 for a week now. Was looking for a mtl rta to finally put my nautilus 2 on the shelf and I'm not disappointed. I can now build my own coils and save money, it gives me better flavor than my nautilus 2, 4.5ml is awesome, doesn't leak, easy to build etc.

But everytime I take a hit, I get massive gurgling/popping. It doesn't affect flavor and I don't get spitbacks in my mouth but its annoying. It gurgles/pop so much I can feel it on the drip tip. Tried different wicking methods, tried different coils, I wick pretty hard I think.

Any idea why ? I'm currently using one of the coils it came with. 1ohm at 15 watts. Thank you

Last edited:

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
Hi guys, been vaping on my siren 2 for a week now. Was looking for a mtl rta to finally put my nautilus 2 on the shelf and I'm not disappointed. I can now build my own coils and save money, it gives me better flavor than my nautilus 2, 4.5ml is awesome, doesn't leak, easy to build etc.

But everytime I take a hit, I get massive gurgling/popping. It doesn't affect flavor and I don't get spitbacks in my mouth but its annoying. It gurgles/pop so much I can feel it on the drip tip. Tried different wicking methods, tried different coils, I wick pretty hard I think.

Any idea why ? I'm currently using one of the coils it came with. 1ohm at 15 watts. Thank you

It can be too loose wick or wick that has air pockets inside coil (when you twist wick when pulling sometimes it creates air pockets that fill with juice and explode popping) but if this is no case it can be juice that flooded air flow when priming coil... try to blow it out with all air flow holes open (place paper towel around it)

Nautilus 2 was my first MTL tank and Siren2 was my first RTA... I liked Siren 2 so much that after owning it for less than a month I ordered second one... currently I own many more great RTAs but my two sirens are still in daily rotation... below is one I use on my smok stickv8

IMG_20180919_123350947_HDR.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have never had gurgling or spitting. I use rayon for my wick and yes, I have used the original coil that came with tank up to and including my most recent installations SS claptons (one is 0.8 ish and one is about 0.3) and they both work great at slightly higher wattage than my normal round wire builds.

I would recommend using anti flooding techniques first (the basics) then try raising your coil a BIT higher than from the base of the deck with the air diffuser. I cannot say I wick this tank insanely TIGHT, but tight in the coil and then sort of gradually thinning from about 1 or 2 mm from the coil, to sort of tapered wicks in each channel, where the tail sit smoothly and there is perhaps a hair of room next to the tails. I continue thinning so the lower I go below the velocity deck, the fewer fibers I have. This kind of makes for smooth consistent wicking up into the coil, not too MUCH (I could see that causing spitting) but not too little. You may, in a way that doesn't really make sense be getting gurgling or spitting from TOO much wick, it may be flooding the coil and/or wicking inconsistently which could cause popping.

If you haven't tried rayon you may want to consider it and this thread
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/rayon-wick-better-flow-flavor-longevity-and-nic-hit-pt-2.706948/

But you may just be overwicking this tank. Honestly, this is my favorite RTA and even with rayon (which shrinks) I have to repeatedly remind myself not to overdo it, let alone "wick hard" or I will get dry hits. It's actually easier to get poor performance out of this tank than to make it leak, in my humble option. It likes an easy touch and this is my favorite RTA I have four of them.

Good luck,

Anna

Reactions: bigbob2322

incineratorz26

Aug 5, 2018
thanks for the tips Anna. Tried many builds today and watched a few wicking tutorials and I still get some popping . I'm tired but i'll practice again tommorow. Can't give up on this, flavor is good, ml capacity is awesome and building is easy. I just don't know how to wick it but i'll try until I get it right.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I got the gurgling/popping figured out. The coil was almost touching the airflow deck. Raised it to around 2mm.

But now I get harsh throat/dry hit. Back to work.

Raising it can make it hotter, which could account for the throat problems - have you noticed any changes there? Also, did you make your wick longer now that it has to wick farther? I guess the options would be to try raising it less or turn down the power. Good luck!

• Useful

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I might try that. I like the original siren but found the v2 lacking because of airflow. I have two so if I mess one up it’s no big deal.

I bought two of these but only used one for a short time before retiring it. I like the v1 better since it has more airflow.

Saw these 2 posts of yours, so thought I'd mention that MyVPro.com has the original Siren 22mm GTA MTL in their clearance section for just $10.00, in Black and in Silver. In reading some of the Reviews...some people said the diffuser was missing from their box though. So I called MyVPro and talked with them about it. He said they did have a problem in the past with some they'd received, but others DID come with the diffuser. I asked if he could check 1 if they had an open box one... and it did not have the diffuser. He didn't know if maybe it was opened and a diffuser was sent to someone who didn't get one in their box, or if it came that way without it.

In any case, if you maybe don't use/need the diffuser, in case some don't have it...you may want to check them out @ just $10.00 each, especially this week-end. MyVPro has a special FREE S/H promotion going right now! They also have lots of other tanks in their Clearance section. They also have many replacement parts for quite a few Vandy Vape and Geek Vape tanks...in their regular sections. The Free S/H saves a bunch of money, because it's usually pretty high from them.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Please help. Has anyone ever had trouble unscrewing the bottom of the Siren 2 from the top? Are there any fixes for this? I love my Siren 2s, and need to change the coil.

Thank you!
Will sound dumb but sometimes you can put it in the freezer for a bit and it will come loose.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
If that doesn't work, rinse it out as well as you can. Heat up water in a mug in the microwave. Than give it a soak.

I would wait until it is back to room temperature first though if it has been in the freezer.

Are you using vape rings to get a good grip?

If putting in the freezer works definitely let us know. Can always use a new trick :)

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
I had them in and out of my cart at Fasttech the other day. Some people love them in reviews, others complained they broke, were too big, too small, additional pieces fell out.... Some said plastic, some nylon.... I just didn't really know what to get that I would be satisfied with. So in the end they were out of the cart in favor of vape rings and elbow grease.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
I had them in and out of my cart at Fasttech the other day. Some people love them in reviews, others complained they broke, were too big, too small, additional pieces fell out.... Some said plastic, some nylon.... I just didn't really know what to get that I would be satisfied with. So in the end they were out of the cart in favor of vape rings and elbow grease.
Ive broke a few of them. A friend gave me a tip thats around a dollar at dollar general. There silicone things made to open jars. They grip really good. Just a little silicone mat

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
If that doesn't work, rinse it out as well as you can. Heat up water in a mug in the microwave. Than give it a soak.

I would wait until it is back to room temperature first though if it has been in the freezer.

Are you using vape rings to get a good grip?

If putting in the freezer works definitely let us know. Can always use a new trick :)

I'll try both the hot and cold solutions. I haven't used vape rings, but I am using rubber gloves on both hands when trying to open it. I'll definitely come back and report!

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread