DIGIFLAVOR SIREN V2 MTL GTA TANK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
How does the Siren V2 airflow compare to kayfun 5 with AFC wide open?

Sorry, didn't see this. The V2 wide open seems to come close (but not as airy) to the KF V5 in its most restricted position. For me, I usually use the V2 with 4 holes open, sometimes 5 when I want more air. The KF V5 even in the most restricted position was too airy for me, so I got the restriction "inserts" and using the most open restrictor I get the air flow I want.

If you want something as airy as the K-V5, the S-V2 won't do it.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
vape Magoo" data-source="post: 21131639" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
vape Magoo said:
Sorry, didn't see this. The V2 wide open seems to come close (but not as airy) to the KF V5 in its most restricted position. For me, I usually use the V2 with 4 holes open, sometimes 5 when I want more air. The KF V5 even in the most restricted position was too airy for me, so I got the restriction "inserts" and using the most open restrictor I get the air flow I want.

If you want something as airy as the K-V5, the S-V2 won't do it.
I disagree. I used 3 kayfun 5s for the past 2 years with AFC wide open. I have a Siren V2, and wide open, the AF is nearly identical to the K5.

Reactions: stols001

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
I disagree. I used 3 Kayfun 5s for the past 2 years with AFC wide open. I have a Siren V2, and wide open, the AF is nearly identical to the K5.

That's interesting. I need the V5 mtl restrictor to get the same result. With the restrictor on the V5 and AFC wide open it compares between 4 holes open and 5 holes open on the V2.

Having said that, I do have a 60/40 mix in the V2 and a 50/50 mix in the V5, could that make a difference?

oudakontrol

Aug 25, 2014
Seattle, WA
So I picked up my 24mm Siren just over a month ago and couldn't seem to get blown away by the flavor. First tried the included coil, wicked it pretty tight with cotton but nothing super aggressive, and fluffed the ends really good so just enough would plug the wicking channels. I was firing away around 10 - 15w (coil was reading .9x, dont remember exactly).

After trying a few 3mm "exotic" coils between .6 and .8 (all wicked similarly to the first since I wasn't getting any dry hits or gurgling) I was ready to hang it up on a shelf but decided to give the last supplied coil a try. Loaded it up, .99, and no dice... a hint of flavor. In what can only be described as a fit of rage, I cranked the wattage up to 35w and let 'er rip. :eek: "What the flavor?!" Still, not entirely sure what just happend, I cranked it down to 30w and took another pull. There it was... that flavor everybody was talking about. After some more investigation, I've settled at using the 3rd smallest single air hole and firing 32w for ~1.2s, starting the fire pre-draw and ending the draw post-fire. Most of my tanks/RTA's are sub ohm or RDA's which are fairly high wattage and my draws are closer to 5s. I'm also rocking a slightly heavy liquid (70/30 - Juice roll ups) for a MTL because it's the thinnest I have. It just blows me away the flavor I'm getting from a 1.25s fire!

I suppose I shouldn't be looking a gift horse in the mouth and just be happy that I found my own sweet spot but... My curiosity is getting the best of me and want to know if this is pretty common or my experience, for whatever reason, is wildly unique.

My whole goal with MTL was mostly to try something new but also to have something I wasn't walking around the house blowing clouds when my family was home. Ever since I got the Fireluke Mesh Pro there have been some complaints :cool:

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
That's interesting. I need the V5 mtl restrictor to get the same result. With the restrictor on the V5 and AFC wide open it compares between 4 holes open and 5 holes open on the V2.

Having said that, I do have a 60/40 mix in the V2 and a 50/50 mix in the V5, could that make a difference?
No, the PG/VG ratio has nothing to do with air flow. The difference is that you're using a restrictor in your K5s and I'm not.

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    So I picked up my 24mm Siren just over a month ago and couldn't seem to get blown away by the flavor. First tried the included coil, wicked it pretty tight with cotton but nothing super aggressive, and fluffed the ends really good so just enough would plug the wicking channels. I was firing away around 10 - 15w (coil was reading .9x, dont remember exactly).

After trying a few 3mm "exotic" coils between .6 and .8 (all wicked similarly to the first since I wasn't getting any dry hits or gurgling) I was ready to hang it up on a shelf but decided to give the last supplied coil a try. Loaded it up, .99, and no dice... a hint of flavor. In what can only be described as a fit of rage, I cranked the wattage up to 35w and let 'er rip. :eek: "What the flavor?!" Still, not entirely sure what just happend, I cranked it down to 30w and took another pull. There it was... that flavor everybody was talking about. After some more investigation, I've settled at using the 3rd smallest single air hole and firing 32w for ~1.2s, starting the fire pre-draw and ending the draw post-fire. Most of my tanks/RTA's are sub ohm or RDA's which are fairly high wattage and my draws are closer to 5s. I'm also rocking a slightly heavy liquid (70/30 - Juice roll ups) for a MTL because it's the thinnest I have. It just blows me away the flavor I'm getting from a 1.25s fire!

I suppose I shouldn't be looking a gift horse in the mouth and just be happy that I found my own sweet spot but... My curiosity is getting the best of me and want to know if this is pretty common or my experience, for whatever reason, is wildly unique.

My whole goal with MTL was mostly to try something new but also to have something I wasn't walking around the house blowing clouds when my family was home. Ever since I got the Fireluke Mesh Pro there have been some complaints :cool:
    Yep you have to dial it in yourself, and when you hit that delicious flavor sweetspot ... mmmm :)
    I'm not saying it's the best flavor that I've had, because it isn't. But its good! Especially when you consider the price you pay for this, it's like 20-30 bucks :eek:

magicmyst

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC

Wow! My coils are between .95 and 1.02Ω and I never go above 15 watts. Usually, I'm firing around 14.5. If I go above 15 the flavor goes south and the vape turns harsh.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    The Siren V2 is just a bit of a wierdo and seemingly it vapes differently for everyone. Most of my builds in it are around 1.0 and 11ish watts, but I stuck a new coil in that was lower ohms than I thought (mainly because I purchased a "set" of SS coils from FT and they were all different resistances and like, I would up with a 0.3 ohm coil and it's vaping fantastic at 25 watts. So, who knows, there is a large range I guess.

Anna

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2017
    No, the PG/VG ratio has nothing to do with air flow. The difference is that you're using a restrictor in your K5s and I'm not.

Yeah, that was what I was trying to say. With the restrictor the air flow full open is close, without the restrictor the V5 was too airy, even on the smallest ACF setting. At least with the V5 I got.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    What's up with the different style drip tips from different vendors?

I have a 22m V2 that is my most reliable, leak-free RTA. I want to get 1 or 2 24mm versions. Is this one on Fasttech legit? It's the best price I can find, but the different drip tip has me wondering....

Note that pics 1-3 have one style of drip tip and pic 4 has another. Under description it says:
    • SS 510 drip tips included to match personal preference

Last edited:
    • Optimistic

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2017

I have a 22m V2 that is my most reliable, leak-free RTA. I want to get 1 or 2 24mm versions. Is this one on Fasttech legit? It's the best price I can find, but the different drip tip has me wondering....

Note that pics 1-3 have one style of drip tip and pic 4 has another. Under description it says:
    • SS 510 drip tips included to match personal preference

Not sure, but further down it says, "Two different 510 drip tips added".

But from another site (with same claim, but also further down):
    "Parameters:

22mm diameter

41.5mm in height

20mm drip tip height

2.0ml juice capacity

24mm diameter

44 mm in height

15 mm drip tip height

4.5 ml juice capacity"

Notice: The 22mm has 20mm drip tip and the 24mm has 15mm drip tip.

Then even further down:

"Package includes:

1x Siren V2 MTL GTA

1x Replacement Glass Tube

1x 510 Derlin Drip Tip

1x Allen Key

1x Spare Parts Polybag

1x User Manual"

I've purchased 3 lots (2 pieces per lot) from this store and what I received was 1 15mm height drip tip for each piece.

2pcs/lot Digiflavor Siren V2 GTA MTL Tank 22mm/24mm Version 2ml/4.5ml Tank Airflow Adjustment upgraded siren 2 MTL tank vs Zeus-in Electronic Cigarette Atomizers from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Good price if you want to buy two at a time.

Chinese ads tend to be ambiguous, my bet is personal preference is 22mm or 24mm tank, the 22mm has a 20mm drip tip and the 24mm has a 15mm drip tip.

• Useful

magicmyst

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC

Managed to get two 24mm shipped for the same price as fasttech at Eciggity using coupon LABOR15 for 15% off! Me loves a good deal- and me loves the fast boat from Hawaii more than the slow boat from China!

magicmyst

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    My two new 24mm Sirens arrived yesterday and I built one with 3mm, 26 gauge, .88Ω, spaced. Great flavor from my ADV, Ahlusion Caramel Wildwood- and no leaking or seeping!

Note: I did not even bother to use the o-rings that were stuck to the glass. Even though I removed them very carefully, they looked too wonky. Even the first one I pulled from the spares had a defect. Anyone know where to get spare o-rings for the Sirens? I read elsewhere that Digiflavor is unresponsive on the issue.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I am not sure, but they seem to provide several sets with the original tank. I have seen spare glass tubes for it which I snatched up, but not O-rings. You could try FT because I believe they make a clone? Maybe search there. Worst case, I guess just measure them and see if you can find something close enough to count, including at your local hardware store.

I replaced my O-rings almost immediately because I thought the originals weren't great but the good news on the colored ones is they seem robust and I haven't needed to since then.

Good luck, glad you are enjoying it!

Anna

• Agree
    Reactions: magicmyst

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Wow! My coils are between .95 and 1.02Ω and I never go above 15 watts. Usually, I'm firing around 14.5. If I go above 15 the flavor goes south and the vape turns harsh.

Same here. 10W to 12W is my upper limit with a .6 to 1 ohm coil. 35W requires a heavy feed from the wick and a lot of metal in the coil. My 28ga coils crackle pretty quickly above 12W and the wick begins to starve at 20W.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Same here. 10W to 12W is my upper limit with a .6 to 1 ohm coil. 35W requires a heavy feed from the wick and a lot of metal in the coil. My 28ga coils crackle pretty quickly above 12W and the wick begins to starve at 20W.
    I'm currently running a .88Ω, 26ga, 3mm spaced at 15.7W and very happy with the flavor/vapor.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    I am not sure, but they seem to provide several sets with the original tank. I have seen spare glass tubes for it which I snatched up, but not O-rings. You could try FT because I believe they make a clone? Maybe search there. Worst case, I guess just measure them and see if you can find something close enough to count, including at your local hardware store.

I replaced my O-rings almost immediately because I thought the originals weren't great but the good news on the colored ones is they seem robust and I haven't needed to since then.

Good luck, glad you are enjoying it!

Anna
    Yep. I'm currently using the green (teal?) ones in my 22 and 24mm, and yes- they give you four sets of spares, so I should be in pretty good shape for a while.

• Agree
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread