Dip a toe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
If you are after vapour density and flavour - it's still flavour-chasing, just DL flavour-chasing. And the majority of the newer DL top-air and bottom-air RTAs will produce that.

@Daniel Forsyth knows this MTL RTA the best, and needs to chime in here ;) But, I would think, using the largest 2.5mm id insert, or no insert (if you can) - with a beefy 3mm id fused clapton coil, you would get plenty of vapour density and flavour using 70vg/30pg juice.

And the flavour from a decent RTA should normally produce way better flavour than a good DL stock coil tank - there are some tanks however, that do give you rta-like flavour eg Freemax Mesh Pro tank.

This is a Chinese site like fasttech, but they have a German warehouse - which would mean faster shipping for you:
(Ships from Germany)Authentic Brunhilde 23mm MTL RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer 5ml - Silver

(Ships from Germany)Coil Father Pre-built NI80 Coils 28GA*4+38GA 0.22ohm 3mm 10pcs - N04
These fused clapton coils should produce PLENTY of vapour and flavour at 40 watts and above.

thanks.
continuing research. taking my time.

the brunhilde is temting, being high quality and presuing leak proof. not sure if the air flow would be enough to handle a DL wattage. it is indeed what i was thinking, to leave out the air inserts and get an appropriate coil.

i'm scared of using SS and nichrome, health-wise.

btw, should i consider a mesh one?

i recently experimented with higher wattage coils_ 70's. got some chest pain.

Reactions: AngeNZ

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    thanks.
    continuing research. taking my time.

the brunhilde is temting, being high quality and presuing leak proof. not sure if the air flow would be enough to handle a DL wattage. it is indeed what i was thinking, to leave out the air inserts and get an appropriate coil.

i'm scared of using SS and nichrome, health-wise.

btw, should i consider a mesh one?

i recently experimented with higher wattage coils_ 70's. got some chest pain.

what scares you about ss and nichrome?

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    something about releasing toxins? don't remember, was that nickel? just figured play it safe and stick with the most common one: kanthal.

btw: rdta vs top air rta?

Ni200 and Titanium need to be used in TC mode, so you possibly saw something on that.

Kanthal (wattage) ni80 (wattage) and ss316l (wattage or TC mode) are all safe to use.

And go for a single coil top-air RTA :D

virm

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 27, 2019
    @AngeNZ thx. well i know what;s for each. just not sure where i read or heard about different oxidizations etc.

there was also a 2016 article that mention faster oxidzation when dry burning being potentially bad. but that's what you do before wicking isn't it?

@Daniel Forsyth seriosuly? youre agreeing? after compiling my hunger for the brunnie? i know it;s labelled rta, but....

anyway, meanwhile i'm having juice problems. suspecting the base but now the nags at the thread are making me go get a syringe to rule out my eye-measure. thought stupid oneshots were meant to be easy.

not sure if this vaping thing is the cow that keeps giving or the car that always needs fixing. hobby or work.

i got the tongue and throat since yesterday. nothing a couple of sips every two hour waking up half-a-breathing won;t fix eh?

kud dnighd

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Sounds like you are getting the hang of it. Don't worry about Ni80 or stainless steel... they are fine and actually the most popular. Wattage tends to have more to do with the coil Mass than resistance... I had trouble accepting that too for awhile (was also used to drop-in coils) Fancy thicker wires have more mass. The Brunhilde is actually a RDTA... shouldn't be a big deal for leaks. You actually have to tip it a bit from side to side so both steel cables (wicks) get saturated (I haven't used one, just was very interested so did my homework)

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    @AngeNZ thx. well i know what;s for each. just not sure where i read or heard about different oxidizations etc.

there was also a 2016 article that mention faster oxidzation when dry burning being potentially bad. but that's what you do before wicking isn't it?

@Daniel Forsyth seriosuly? youre agreeing? after compiling my hunger for the brunnie? i know it;s labelled rta, but....

anyway, meanwhile i'm having juice problems. suspecting the base but now the nags at the thread are making me go get a syringe to rule out my eye-measure. thought stupid oneshots were meant to be easy.

not sure if this vaping thing is the cow that keeps giving or the car that always needs fixing. hobby or work.

i got the tongue and throat since yesterday. nothing a couple of sips every two hour waking up half-a-breathing won;t fix eh?

kud dnighd

I'm 100% Agreeing on everything that @AngeNZ has said, she has given you some great advice and great ideas for top airflow tanks to be vaping at about 50 watts.
    I Will Never recommend the Brunhilde MTL RTA to someone looking to vape at 50 watts. Why? Because I'm a 17 watt vaper with mine. If you want feedback or recommendation for the Brunhilde MTL I suggest you find someone who vapes at closer to 50 watts with it not 17.

Good Luck with the search:)

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

kud dnighd

I know what a pain in the ... it is when you can't find gear and juice that works how it should work :wub:

And if you are only having juice problems since you started using this base, it may be the culprit.

Regarding oxidation: The majority of us who check for hotspots etc by dry burning do it at very very low wattages. I glow mine at 8 watts. And I pulse the coil, very briefly for no more than 1/2 - 1 second.

Is it Dangerous to Dry Burn Your Coils? - Black Note

Pick an RTA and we will turn your vaping back into a cow ;)

• Love
    Reactions: virm

virm

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 27, 2019
    I know what a pain in the ... it is when you can't find gear and juice that works how it should work :wub:

And if you are only having juice problems since you started using this base, it may be the culprit.

Regarding oxidation: The majority of us who check for hotspots etc by dry burning do it at very very low wattages. I glow mine at 8 watts. And I pulse the coil, very briefly for no more than 1/2 - 1 second.

Is it Dangerous to Dry Burn Your Coils? - Black Note

Pick an RTA and we will turn your vaping back into a cow ;)

alright. thanks for all the advice and restoring the optimism.

looking at Elevate, Intake, the OBS, DeadRabbit, Juggerknot mini and i should add it if there is indeed an older Zeus that's single coil. Still have a crush on the MTL Brunhilde.

A bunch of these seem discontinued, at leaast according to FT, like Elevate for instance, but foundit on official Wotofo. Is their being discontinued a sign there's a better newer one?

There's one hitch that's breaking my research, the more dependable video reviewers (djlsb and vapingwithvic) haven't reviewed either Juggerknots. what gives?

@Daniel Forsyth thanks. alright, i'll make a thread about brunhilde.

experimenting currently with base. might be just off percentages.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia

looking at Elevate, Intake, the OBS, DeadRabbit, Juggerknot mini and i should add it if there is indeed an older Zeus that's single coil. Still have a crush on the MTL Brunhilde.

A bunch of these seem discontinued, at leaast according to FT, like Elevate for instance, but foundit on official Wotofo. Is their being discontinued a sign there's a better newer one?

There's one hitch that's breaking my research, the more dependable video reviewers (djlsb and vapingwithvic) haven't reviewed either Juggerknots. what gives?

Good move with everything there @virm :D
    I have both the Intake and the OBS Engine Nano. Very easy to work with and much more
    suited to a 50 watt vape, which was what I was vaping them at.
    Both are good tanks for a restricted direct lung hit as well.

If you're still keen on the Brunhilde MTL it's a great idea putting up another thread and seeing what feedback you get and I know it maybe a little big for you but do keep in mind the dual coil Brunhilde also:)

• Agree

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

Discontinued usually means the company brought out something newer and. supposedly better.

The QP Juggerknot mini RTA is classified as a high end RTA. And unfortunately reviewers like Vic (my favourite) and djlsb don't get sent higher end gear to review.

I'd recommend this juggerknot mini RTA clone to you:
    $21.57 JuggerKnot Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 4/6ml / 316 stainless steel / 24mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    Two of my favourite restricted DL vapers @Letitia and @Fredman1 use and love the flavour this RTA gives.

virm

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 27, 2019
    @Daniel Forsyth will do. danke

@AngeNZ shukriya. pity abt reviews. also odd, they dont send these two, if it's high end it's either for the rich or discerning right? and these two a far cry from othher englishspeaking rev.ers. except maybe those two the old and young fella reviewing from a shop counter with low quality camera, not instructive, but their opinions seem to be less influenced by relations to companies or drama. i mean, how am i to know the proper best way to cut cotton and wick if vic dont show me? guess it's the number of sbscrbrs
    not resentful or nothing, but honest, part of the turn off with two we're considering is the respective reviewer associated with each... wouldnt reject a good thing for it though of course

@Letitia (hello hello!) @AngeNZ not unreasonable to pay a one time for a decent tank right? i mean, youre nt paying for stock coils no more etc.
    while on topic. what is the cheapest way/standard online shop to preview) that include non-chinese thing like authentic jugger? i found sites from 45 to 90 $/Eu.. i'm waiting for vapecrawler to get back online but meanwhile..

• Agree

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Few retailers in Canada still offer the JuggerKnot Mini.

Do not own a JK Mini, but just picked up a Fatality M25 which can be used with both dual or single coils. Unique dual air flow control which can be dialed down to a restricted DL. Really enjoying mine
    I've thought about getting the 25, have you used it with a single coil yet?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    I've thought about getting the 25, have you used it with a single coil yet?

Not yet, but suspect a 3 to 4mm single coil would work well with the side air flow dialed down or completely turned off. Will be trying a single coil next re-wick – will share my thoughts.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    @Daniel Forsyth will do. danke

@AngeNZ shukriya. pity abt reviews. also odd, they dont send these two, if it's high end it's either for the rich or discerning right? and these two a far cry from othher englishspeaking rev.ers. except maybe those two the old and young fella reviewing from a shop counter with low quality camera, not instructive, but their opinions seem to be less influenced by relations to companies or drama. i mean, how am i to know the proper best way to cut cotton and wick if vic dont show me? guess it's the number of sbscrbrs
    not resentful or nothing, but honest, part of the turn off with two we're considering is the respective reviewer associated with each... wouldnt reject a good thing for it though of course

@Letitia (hello hello!) @AngeNZ not unreasonable to pay a one time for a decent tank right? i mean, youre nt paying for stock coils no more etc.
    while on topic. what is the cheapest way/standard online shop to preview) that include non-chinese thing like authentic jugger? i found sites from 45 to 90 $/Eu.. i'm waiting for vapecrawler to get back online but meanwhile..

I know, it's dumb what some reviewers get sent, and what they don't. But we have a few members here who love this RTA, and they will help you cut your cotton the right way ;)

Here's Mike's review:

It's definitely not unreasonable to pay a lot for a tank you love using. But I would 100% without a doubt - try the clone first, if there was one available :thumb:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread