Dip a toe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
after a very successful first wick/coil on the elevate i keep failing. i am getting both dry hits and spits at the same time. i've taken a couple of pics, might upload them later, but doubt theyll be informative.

i've seen the designer's tutorial and the reviews by vic and djlsb and mike. and know that the tank needs a thick enough/thin enough wick, long enough to tuck but not touch the base.

i keep getting flavourless dry clouds, but they're not burnt. prbbyl because i am pulling hard i'm getting spits (now; witht coilology coils i was getting spits all the time) the key thing

i keep noticing after i take the cotton out, the tails are wet, but the cotton inside is dry. white, but dry. i aslo suspect a pressure/vacuum problem

i've tried tinning, i've tried trimming, i've tried pushing a needle into the middle several times.

tried 6 coils and 10 cottons.

what now?

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I was very excited about this RTA... almost ordered one but then saw some people discussing it (on another website... actually about DIY juices) They all said it sucked (now I'm very confused) Anyway, you might try Rayon (cellu-cotton) You can get it on amazon (beauty supplies) I'll try to find the link. It wicks better than cotton and lasts longer. You can leave the tails a bit longer (and it kinda spreads out nice) It's harder to get through the coil... you have to twist it as you push through the coil) For the cotton, maybe you just stuffed too tight in the coil... it will get "choked off" by the coil.
I'm also still interested in the OBS Engine and the Augvape Intake. Hope you get the Elevate working better.

Reactions: virm

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
I was very excited about this RTA... almost ordered one but then saw some people discussing it (on another website... actually about DIY juices) They all said it sucked (now I'm very confused) Anyway, you might try Rayon (cellu-cotton) You can get it on amazon (beauty supplies) I'll try to find the link. It wicks better than cotton and lasts longer. You can leave the tails a bit longer (and it kinda spreads out nice) It's harder to get through the coil... you have to twist it as you push through the coil) For the cotton, maybe you just stuffed too tight in the coil... it will get "choked off" by the coil.
I'm also still interested in the OBS Engine and the Augvape Intake. Hope you get the Elevate working better.

been a while_ hello!
it definitely wasnt the tank's fault. the cotton was getting choked inside the coils mostly, the spitting was just the coilology coils and the cotton that came with them prbbly_ there might be a trick with the cotton to prevent that too though... back to wotofo coils with wotofo and COTN wicks and some care and i'm good again.

for my bit, if youre into medium wattage DL, get it. i'm enjoying it so much i'm seriously thinking abt getting another one, only hesitating is, with the gear on the way too and my wanting to try an mtl rta too, feel i'm being a bit decadent.

thanks for the cotton link.

tried muji and or Shiseido by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread