Divo RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
ok, based on your numbers it puts the cyclone non afc right at equal to the rm2, divo still kicking ... I guess :)

-----------------------------dia----height------ci----------------

cyclone(afc)--------------.515" x .570"= 0.118 cubic inches

cyclone(non afc)---------.515" x .335"= 0.070 cubic inches

rm2------------------------.530" x .315"= 0.069 cubic inches

divo------------------------.505" x .275" = 0.055 cubic inches

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
ok here's the kicker. the smallest of all rda chambers tested so far is actually none of the above. the small chamber king turns out to be the cheapest out of the bunch too. it just so happens to be rob's newest addition to the reo line up too. it's the igo-s :)

igo-s-----------------------.510 x .225" = 0.046 cubic inches

I've always said the igo s is an amazing atty for what it is but for me the flimsy loose lightweight cap was the deal breaker there. the cap is very light weight and tiny but it can move around and pop off real easily. you are def not pulling your mod out of your pocket by the driptip with this atty, that's for sure. to me as a daily pocket mod it's not worth it for just the .009" difference, but technically the igo-s should taste ever so slightly better than even the divo, making it king as far as great flavor and great value. it's a good choice maybe for a back up mod or an at home table mod or someone who is gentle with there mod that the loose fitting cap wouldn't be much of a problem for.

now the last difference between these atties is when it comes to cap mass and atty cap heat soak, I'm not sure how something thin with very little mass like the igo would compare to something thicker and with more mass like the divo, compared to something with more mass that's also much more of a heat sink than stainless like the brass rm2. it's possible the igo-s, being thinner may dissipate the heat better, improving the vape slightly. or it's possible the exact opposite is true, the brass rm2 may remove heat better and give it an edge there too? either one I choose to think would be nothing more than a guess, but I do think that atty cap mass may affect the overall vape for better or worse too, only not sure which, nor exactly to what extent :)

I guess the whole point is that even though atty chamber size is the single biggest determining factor here, there are still other variables like heat retention or dissipation that may affect the overall final vape slightly too, mainly when it comes to chain vaping and at high power really, but it's at least a factor to consider as far as analyzing the differences further.

the other point is these are all great tasting atties, no one should be dumping any attie on this list as these are all really great tasting atties and are all really within pretty close range of each other. the biggest lacking one here which is the cyclone afc is still an awesome vape with duals and the others are all really great tasting single coil atties.

I haven't done my cyclone mod yet, hopefully soon, maybe tomorrow... I'm going to see just how small I can make it's chamber. I'm hoping to get it down close to the divo range, making it the king of all at that point really :) if I can come up with a good press in solution I may try to see what I can do to duplicate it for others too. until then the divo and the igo-s wrestle for first place depending where your priorities are. for me the divo is still all around king but the igo-s is the real underdog killer here at ~ 1/2 the price and an even tinnier chamber than the divo.

ok, I feel like I know these atties a bit better now than I did a few days ago at least :p

Last edited:

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
guys stop this stuff,

I have three Grands and I just recently bought three Cyclones and Fusion drip tips.
Now all this talk about Divo's.

This means another Grand and a Divo, This is driving me broke..

stay strong, brother! tcad6 is merely a tool in service to the Dark Lord of RDAs.

as Mama slinks off to order a Divo before they all sell out...

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
I'd say it's because of the smaller chamber. the cyclone afc is a very tall chamber. duals in the cyclone do close the gap but now seeing how the flavor is quite a bit better in the divo still, I'm going to play around with a chamber plug to reduce the cyclone afc chamber size a bit. if the cyclone could produce the clouds it does with duals but with flavor like the divo, that would be nice :)

This is why my Cyclone AFC is taking a back seat to the igo-s and standard cyclone and even my era clones. I have it modded for BF and it's a great piece of vaping kit and the AFC design is brilliant but the chamber is just too big for good flavor, IMO. Please let us know if you come up with a good way to reduce the chamber size.

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
I bought a top feed Igo-S locally a few weeks ago to see what its like. Sure do get the sweeter flavor and same vapor production. The o-rings started leaking after a few weeks, the originals are 10mm x 1mm. Yesterday I fitted two good quality 11mm x 1mm and it seems a good tight fit, no leaks so far.

Another thing to consider on the heat build up of an atty when chain vaping - I have found that atties seem to run cooler on a Reo, I'm thinking that the Reo acts as a big heatsink, the mass of aluminium at the atty base is perfect for transferring the heat throughout the rest of the mod. If someone had a Woodvil and a Reo they could test this out to confirm or deny these thoughts.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California

just curious-how does the Cyclone AFC compare with most of the other stuff out there-- even TF? is it considered flat-out in the "larger" camp?

include me as interested if you come out with a repeatable mod.

nubcake

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2013
Malaysia
This is why my Cyclone AFC is taking a back seat to the igo-s and standard cyclone and even my era clones. I have it modded for BF and it's a great piece of vaping kit and the AFC design is brilliant but the chamber is just too big for good flavor, IMO. Please let us know if you come up with a good way to reduce the chamber size.

You mean the Cyclone AFC loses to the Igo-S in terms of flavour? You are comparing single coil to sing coil right? Anyone tested dual coil on a cyclone AFC with the RM2/Divo/Igo-s? Flavour wise?

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
comparing dual coils in the cyclone afc to a single coil in the igo and divo, yeah, the smaller chamber igo and divo beats the cyclone flavor wise. even with duals. the smaller chamber noticeably boosts and enhances flavor, brings out sweeter notes in the juice. cyclone is still a great atty though

I haven't had time to play with the lathe yet. I'll get to the cyclone sometime this weekend and see if I can change that :)

I'm curious too how it compares to other atties too. I plan on measuring whatever else I have but I don't think it can be considered large, it's just not tiny either

milkman5306

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2013
So I have been comparing the rm2 to rh cyclone with regular cap not the AFC. These two had identical coils and wicks put em them at the same time. They both have the same juice from the same batch. The cyclone likes to change the color of the juice as it gets sucked back into the bottle the rm2 doesn't, any ideas as to why?
4y6eraju.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

malkuth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Gray, TN, USA
So I have been comparing the rm2 to rh cyclone with regular cap not the AFC. These two had identical coils and wicks put em them at the same time. They both have the same juice from the same batch. The cyclone likes to change the color of the juice as it gets sucked back into the bottle the rm2 doesn't, any ideas as to why?

IIRC, the juice hole on the cyclone is above the deck slightly. This allows juice to remain in the atty after squonking. This juice will cook as it sits in the atty. Then when you squonk, and it draws excess juice back into the bottle, the juice that is drawn back is darker from having been cooked. This will also change the flavor of the juice somewhat.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
4y6eraju.jpg

does the cyclone have the stock air hole or has a lower one been added? The stock hole sits above the deck so the excess juice is not drained completely like an RM2. This excess gets heated while you vape. when you squonk again it mixes with the new juice and some of it gets sucked down.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
ok I got a chance to build something. I was able to get the cyclone afc chamber slightly smaller than the divo. the cyclone now taste's awesome. as good as the divo and maybe even better.I need more testing an swapping back and forth between divo and cyclone to say for sure.

tonight I've only been going back and forth with the stock afc cap and my modded cap. all of my testing is done with 100% vg 10mg nic flavorless juice, so all I am tasting is the amplification and flavor profile of the base vg.

base vg gives a slightly sweet taste and what I've found is the smaller the chamber the higher the sweetness. this removes all of the subjective flavor profiles from the picture and allows you to see clearly how as the chamber size is reduced, the flavor sweetness goes up. it's a very clear cut and noticeable difference, it's not just do I think or don't I think, the differences are very apparent here in my testing.

for example tonight I went back and forth between the stock afc and my mod. the stock afc does give a nice vape. if you have nothing to compare it to you can be completely satisfied with duals with the afc cap, but when I swap it to my modded cap it just gets so much sweeter. I vaped a while, then switched back, vaped a while and repeat. after a while the conclusion I came to is 1, it's absolutely perfect with my modded chamber and 2, the stock afc vape almost tastes salty in comparison. ok it's maybe not 100% salty maybe, but it's kind of like that. it's def less sweet with a note of almost salty or vinegary kind of tinge to it. I hate to even say this but side by side the stock afc tastes like crap next to the reduced chambered one. almost a night and day difference. and remember this is same coils same wicks same juice same power same mod, only switching the cap back and forth. the results are big. major improvement and awesome perfect flavor, the taste is now just like the divo and even better with dual coils, I'm getting clouds and clouds of the thick sweet stuff. really, best vape ever, no lie, it's that good.

cyclone turbo mod-------.515"x .255" = 0.053 cubic inches

*vvv below are NOT BF SIDE AIR FLOW ATTIES. ONLY SHOWN AS REFERENCE vvv*

kayfun mini*--------------.370 x .330 = 0.035 cubic inches

the kayfun mini is considered one of the best tasting atties ever by many. the flavor profiles of juices are really intensified with this atty according to everyone. I have been running my kayfun mini along side testing the cyclone and I can say this. yes the mini is even sweeter than my modded cyclone, but honestly I think it goes past the sweet spot( pun intended) it's almost in a way just too sweet. I think I prefer the sweetness my cyclone modded reduced chamber is giving, it's like just right. it couldn't be sweeter without being too sweet. that's why I said it's perfect, it really is I think. if I shorten my screws/posts a little I can reduce the chamber slightly more too. I should be able to easily get it below the igo-s with a little tinkering if i wanted to but the vape is just phenomenal as-is. don't think it could get any better that I'm getting right now, it's heavenly :vapor:

I still need to measure a standard kayfun. I'm guessing it's going to fall somewhere closer towards the igo-s. it's chamber is noticeably larger that the mini

I haven't taste tested the spheroid yet with the same juice here but the kf mini and the speroid are both about the same in vape, and I guess seeing the numbers here it's obvious why and also how close they really are. the spheroid will probably also be overly sweet, like the kayfun mini.

after my tests so far I don't think I'd want the chamber anywhere near that small for the cyclone, especially with dual coils. I think it's now realistically about as small as I will want it and it really is about perfect.

ok here are some pics of the chamber reducer with built in drip tip, it's basically a drip tip that pushes up from inside, with a built in chamber plug, this is just first prototype to confirm fit and performance, made from black delrin. probably should be stainless steel though. if not completely then at least the face towards the coils. I have a few ideas I'm going to play with but this proves it works awesome and is worth building a better more permanent one :)

here are my 2 caps for swapping back and forth. I put a delrin tip on the stock afc so the tips wouldn't feel different

here you can see the difference in depth

I'm going to start a thread here for this stuff, don't mean to clutter up the divo thread

Last edited:

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
Very nice work Turbo, thanks for sharing. I tried making the chamber smaller on a Pheonix/Era clone by cutting down the base of the cap, drilling a new airhole higher up to compensate, and shaving the top of the neg post for some extra clearance. I didn't do much testing of it though. Your solution is far superior, I like it. If you start another thread, can you post a link please?

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
I'm running ~1-1.2 ohm single coil in the divo, maybe 10-12 wraps of 28 ga 1/16th. running at 20 watts. single 1/16th air hole. for duals I'm running 2 long 28 ga 1/16th coil's , ~20 wraps each, total the same, ~1-1.2 ohms, same full 20 watts. the duals are like 4X the surface area, make more vapor and denser fuller vapor but they are pretty laggy, they take a good 2-3 seconds to come up to speed. when they do get going thought they need a lot of air. I'm normally at more than double 1/16ths

I want to try adjusting the duals down to 30 gauge to get them to heat up quicker.

the delrin plug worked good so today I did a rough stainless steel prototype. been using it all day and it's nice. I think this is close to the final design. the way this is designed it can be pushed down till it stops on the negative posts screw head. at that point the chamber is as small as it can get height wise. the chamfered center bore ensures the insert can never short to the positive post. I also thought about making an adjustable one but don't know if it is worth a much more complicated multi-part design. I think it's perfect right where it is. I also want to try a few different shape bell mouths and different size center bores to see if it makes a difference

I left this one a little longer, kind of like the kayfun tips which I love. I rushed it and left some machine marks and stuff, a little rough but usable for testing :)

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Hey turbo if you start making these can I be put on the list. Please.

+1 (if i didn't already make that clear)

othewise, Mama gonna break down, become an RDA ho, and order a Divo....

on a serious note, this thread and all the ones that led up to it, seem to be pointing toward the ultimate, kick-ayu$$ (BF) RDA specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread