Status
Not open for further replies.

sbmqcy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Quincy, IL, USA
Drat! Foiled again!

Has anyone tried drilling out the posts on the divo, cyclone, or igo-s? I'm gonna try running the magic wire again and I wondered about putting it in my divo or my soon to arrive igo. I know the stock holes are too small.

Edit: I just saw the post about drilling the drain hole lower. That tells me enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

milkman5306

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2013
does the cyclone have the stock air hole or has a lower one been added? The stock hole sits above the deck so the excess juice is not drained completely like an RM2. This excess gets heated while you vape. when you squonk again it mixes with the new juice and some of it gets sucked down.

It has a lower than stock hole as of 30 minutes ago! :thumbup:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

sbmqcy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Quincy, IL, USA
Does the divo leak juice through the air hole? It appears the air hole location is a bit low, just like igo-s.

I've had mine leak a little, but I opened up the airhole to 1/16th. Since that time, I've just made sure to vape it dry before putting it in a situation where it might get tipped, and I haven't had any problem with leaking.

Sent from my mobile

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
ok, after using the chamber plug a few days overall it's been great. from time to time I swap out to a regular cap just to confirm and oh yeah, big big difference. but, there have been a few times where I've actually felt it was a little too sweet. yes, I guess there is such a thing. I mean if I compared the too sweet vape with the atty plug to the straight up cap with no plug then yeah, even being too sweet the plugged one is just still way better, but, I kinda wish there was a way to tone it down a bit sometimes too. this just showed me that fully plugging all available extra space is not always the best all the time, sometimes being able to tune a little less than that would be good too. so now I did a 3rd one, and this one really is, "it" :)

so don't get rid of those cyclones just yet. the cyclone is awesome because of it's adjustable air flow, but it's overly large chamber puts a damper on flavor. well, adjustable air flow, meet adjustable chamber volume :p

with the chamber fully closed/smallest chamber size possible:

and the chamber half way open:

and the chamber fully open:

I can set a fixed adjustment to any point in between depending on how many spacers:

or I can use the spring instead, making it completely adjustable on the fly, just like the air flow:

I think this fits the atty well and it works perfectly, adjustable airflow with adjustable chamber size may just make this thing the best rda ever :) I'm finding I now like it adjusted to a bit less than fully closed. fully closed may be perfect for a single coil but it's a bit of flavor overload with duals at times. it's wild how you can really taste the difference depending on how this is adjusted. how awesome it is to be able to adjust the sweetness up and down. I don't know if this is the first time any ones built anything with adjustable chamber volume but man this should be done more often. we can adjust airflow and wattage and coil builds, this is just one more thing to adjust to dial in the perfect vape, and from what I'm seeing chamber size is a very big factor in adjusting flavor in general so this is a really awesome thing to have. my vape has never felt more "dialed in", it's just really great to be able to actually turn the flavor up and down to get it just right. this is most definitely, "it" :)

sbmqcy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Quincy, IL, USA
ok, after using the chamber plug a few days overall it's been great. from time to time I swap out to a regular cap just to confirm and oh yeah, big big difference. but, there have been a few times where I've actually felt it was a little too sweet. yes, I guess there is such a thing. I mean if I compared the too sweet vape with the atty plug to the straight up cap with no plug then yeah, even being too sweet the plugged one is just still way better, but, I kinda wish there was a way to tone it down a bit sometimes too. this just showed me that fully plugging all available extra space is not always the best all the time, sometimes being able to tune a little less than that would be good too. so now I did a 3rd one, and this one really is, "it" :)

so don't get rid of those cyclones just yet. the cyclone is awesome because of it's adjustable air flow, but it's overly large chamber puts a damper on flavor. well, adjustable air flow, meet adjustable chamber volume :p

with the chamber fully closed/smallest chamber size possible:

and the chamber half way open:

and the chamber fully open:

I can set a fixed adjustment to any point in between depending on how many spacers:

or I can use the spring instead, making it completely adjustable on the fly, just like the air flow:

I think this fits the atty well and it works perfectly, adjustable airflow with adjustable chamber size may just make this thing the best rda ever :) I'm finding I now like it adjusted to a bit less than fully closed. fully closed may be perfect for a single coil but it's a bit of flavor overload with duals at times. it's wild how you can really taste the difference depending on how this is adjusted. how awesome it is to be able to adjust the sweetness up and down. I don't know if this is the first time any ones built anything with adjustable chamber volume but man this should be done more often. we can adjust airflow and wattage and coil builds, this is just one more thing to adjust to dial in the perfect vape, and from what I'm seeing chamber size is a very big factor in adjusting flavor in general so this is a really awesome thing to have. my vape has never felt more "dialed in", it's just really great to be able to actually turn the flavor up and down to get it just right. this is most definitely, "it" :)

That's just pretty damn cool. Seriously, which rba maker is gonna jump on this idea? Because I want one NOW! Probably would need a cyclone afc, and to have a grand milled down. But still, that looks flippin sweet.

Sent from my mobile

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
yeah, guys, not looking to get in trouble here, just wanted to show what I did to my cyclone as this evolved from our conversations here. if I decide to make more I will start a thread in the vendors section, not talk about that here. here I just wanted to share the concept and the results of chamber size differences in general and just show that this works, and works WELL :oops:

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
I love it Turbo great work.

To continue in the vein of making chambers smaller. In another thread Pdib had mentioned adjusting the air hole placement of an RM2 by sanding down the base of the cap. I looked inside the cap when installed and there are extra threads above the deck and room above the posts. So I figure if you take off two revolutions you could get the air hole exactly where you wanted and make the chamber smaller. You'd have to be care full if you use metal drips tips to make it does not contact the center post.

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
yeah, guys, not looking to get in trouble here, just wanted to show what I did to my cyclone as this evolved from our conversations here. if I decide to make more I will start a thread in the vendors section, not talk about that here. here I just wanted to share the concept and the results of chamber size differences in general and just show that this works, and works WELL :oops:

+++ salute.jpg ...............

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
Turbo, I'd really love to see you do a ground up design of a bf rda, and get it made in China, or Phillipines, or even better USA. You certainly have the creative and mechanical talent to do it.

The only other main variable I see is the height of the coil from the deck.

It would be nice to be able to build a coil and mount it at the height above the deck that you choose, and then have the airhole adjustable in height to match the coil height. This would also provide easier adjustment of TH.

Another thing nice to see would be some sort of screw and clamp arrangement to trap the coil wires, the current popular method of a screw bearing down on the coil wire inside a threaded hole is very rough at best, as far as good electrical contact is concerned.

Don't mind me, just dreamin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread