DIY Ejuice recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
Help me create some good DIY recipes. Looking to keeping flavor 10% or less.

Attachments

• 97F4136C-2DD1-4C05-9EA5-ACDA61ACA846.jpeg
    97F4136C-2DD1-4C05-9EA5-ACDA61ACA846.jpeg
    456.4 KB · Views: 42

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have been to that website before but I don’t have a lot of the ingredients they list in their recipes. I was hoping people could look at what I have purchased and and their input based on what I have instead of buying flavors based on recipes I find on that particular website.
Perhaps it would have been wiser to pick a few selected recipes and then purchased the ingredients required for them rather than the way you've chosen. You're doing it the hard way in my opinion. The way you are going about it, you're always going to be missing an ingredient. Just my :2c: Good luck.

Last edited:

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Hmmmm.....id say youve got enough different flavorings to make some very tasty creations. Im a fan of lemon myself and the only advice i can give ya on lemon is get a couple more different lemon flavorings, like lemon meringue pie, lemon sicily, etc. One lemon flavor in a mix wont be able to stand out by itself. I make a couple different lemon flavor juices and ll use at least 3 in a mix. But with the flavors you do have, you could make a fruit blend that i think would be pretty nice. And also, you probably have the bare minimum to make a fairly decent cheesecake. Go look up recipies on the internet to see what percentages of flavorings other people use in certain profiles and then use a juice calculator for your own creation. Youll probably have to improvise a bit but i always found that to be both a learning experience and a bit of a surprise how well someting works. Also, know that if youre not careful, you can also create something so incredibly foul that you wont even be able to pawn it off on unsuspecting friends. Good luck and have fun with it and do keep us informed on your progress

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Only thing I’d add is to be very careful with your TFA Sour. Use very little, like drops per 30ml. I’ve played with it a bit and I would’ve told you to get something else instead. It can ruin a mix and I’ve noticed very little, if any, benefit it can provide. I’m not the best at picking up flavor nuances, so maybe I’m wrong, but I haven’t noticed any improvement after use. Good luck and have fun.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I have used other's recipes, but they never stayed the same after the first 5ml making.

Another thing to consider is just what do you like as a flavor?

I like pastries a nd pies, so I got some fruit flavors, pie crust, and some Joy (doughy flavor). Did some testing and things turned out better with each batch.

Often, a flavor can be okay just by itself. It doesn't have to be mixed with others to be good. I tried maple, as in maple syrup, and it is great at 6%. Sometimes simple is better.

Good luck.

P.S. Banana Nut Bread is good by itself for me. 7%. But, remember, each company makes a BNB and they are all slightly different.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Hmmm. I'll throw a couple recipes out here... But you need more flavors! Look for recipes and buy flavors for those, then experiment with leftovers. I have a number of experiments and winners on the site e-l-r, I love their calculator, invaluable. It could be useful to know what you're vaping (gear and style) for strength and sweet levels.

Blood Orange-
5% Blood Orange FW
1 TPA Marshmallow

Cheesecake Base-
4% NYCC CAP
2% Graham Cracker CAP
- and add 3 or 4% of any of the fruit flavors you have, not a mix of them unless you are very brave.

Make sfts (single flavor testers) of all your flavors at 5%. You might like them solo or it will give you a better idea of how to mix them and what they really taste like.
You need a couple creams in my opinion, like Sweet Cream, Fresh Cream, Milk and Honey FLV, Bavarian cream, and also some cookies like FA Cookie and INW Biscuit.
Good Luck!

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
Sounds like I should probably just avoid the sour all together. There seems to be a consensus that it can easily ruin a mix. Everyone has some great ideas on here and I appreciate your feed back.

As far as the lemon flavor goes I will definitely be picking up different variations of that flavor (I.e. Meringue) to see if I can’t come up with a nice tart lemon dessert.

I think I’ll give the NY cheese cake a shot. I do have some strawberry flavoring as well that would go nicely (TFA strawberry ripe) which would probably look something
NYCC CAP - 4%
Graham Cracker CAP - 2%
TFA strawberry (ripe) - 2%
-thank you @uthinkofsomething

The blood orange marshmallow sounds delicious as well.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I agree with @uthinkofsomething I always make a test of new flavors by themselves- almost always anyway. Some brands/ profiles I’m really familiar with and I can skip that step.

I have been diy for long enough to be able to tell from a test if, first off, I like that flavor at all, what it should mix well with, and roughly what percentage will work depending on what it’s going to be used with.

They’re are fun to play with. I’ve created or tweaked a lot of recipes just mixing and matching those little testers.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Might try
TFA crunch berries 5-7%
TFA Strawberry Ripe 2%
TFA raspberry sweet 1%
CAP vanilla custard 0.5-1%

FW blood orange 3%
CAP nycc 5%

CAP juicy orange 4%
CAP golden pineapple 3%

You have some good flavors for pairing also, just play with percentages
*Wild blueberry - lemon
*Blackberry - nycc - vanilla custard
*Sweet raspberry - blood orange - marshmallow

At ELR when you create a recipe as you enter the flavors into the calculator a suggested mixing % will show for each flavor, use those initially for your recipe testers just to keep it easy.

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
Might try
TFA crunch berries 5-7%
TFA Strawberry Ripe 2%
TFA raspberry sweet 1%
CAP vanilla custard 0.5-1%

FW blood orange 3%
CAP nycc 5%

CAP juicy orange 4%
CAP golden pineapple 3%

You have some good flavors for pairing also, just play with percentages
*Wild blueberry - lemon
*Blackberry - nycc - vanilla custard
*Sweet raspberry - blood orange - marshmallow

At ELR when you create a recipe as you enter the flavors into the calculator a suggested mixing % will show for each flavor, use those initially for your recipe testers just to keep it easy.
Those are awesome ideas! Thank you so much. I’ll will be sure to let you guys now how some of them turn out. What do you guys suggest for steep times? It so hard to wait but I know it’s worth it. Especially for dessert flavors.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Sounds like I should probably just avoid the sour all together. There seems to be a consensus that it can easily ruin a mix. Everyone has some great ideas on here and I appreciate your feed back.

As far as the lemon flavor goes I will definitely be picking up different variations of that flavor (I.e. Meringue) to see if I can’t come up with a nice tart lemon dessert.

I think I’ll give the NY cheese cake a shot. I do have some strawberry flavoring as well that would go nicely (TFA strawberry ripe) which would probably look something
NYCC CAP - 4%
Graham Cracker CAP - 2%
TFA strawberry (ripe) - 2%
-thank you @uthinkofsomething

The blood orange marshmallow sounds delicious as well.
Up the strawberry to 3% in my opinion.
And I think Wonder Flavors makes a Lemon Meringue Tart that is very good by itself.

Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Steep times are as subjective as the flavors themselves. For me 3-10 days for fruit/ fruit & creams. Bakery and heavy cream/custard up to 4-6 weeks. Build a stable of both snv and long steep mixes. Once you have a tester you really like mix up 10ml and put in a cabinet for a few weeks to get a feel how long your flavors will hold up. Of course immediately also mix 30-60ml to vape while you wait.

For my sft I generally mix 15ml so I have enough to taste how the flavor changes over time.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Up the strawberry to 3% in my opinion.
And I think Wonder Flavors makes a Lemon Meringue Tart that is very good by itself.
VTA lemon meringue tart is maybe the one you're thinking of, 6-7% standalone is pretty damn good. Blows CAP away. The CAP is still an awesome mixer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread