Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Steep time for cheesecakes and creams is going to be 4 weeks, but it may be good before then. I usually try a mix as soon as I make it and then wait.
There are some creams that steep a bit faster.
FA cream fresh
FA vienna cream
WF tahitian vanilla cream
TFA vanilla swirl

The two FA paired are pretty much a 3 day snv. The WF is good in a few days but a touch too fluffy for me, settles nicely in about 10 days to a smooth cream with a nice mouthfeel. Swirl is good for me in about a week but better at 2 weeks.

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
May I ask why the 10% budget? I am also new to DIY juice and after weeks of browsing recipes, I found some people use up to 28% of flavoring. I guess you don't need PG by then. LOL I've tried a few now, and I think I am ready to try and make my own creation... I love to try and suggest something, but I see you have lots of fruits there. I am more on burnt bitter taste like choco, coffee and tobacco.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
May I ask why the 10% budget? I am also new to DIY juice and after weeks of browsing recipes, I found some people use up to 28% of flavoring. I guess you don't need PG by then. LOL I've tried a few now, and I think I am ready to try and make my own creation... I love to try and suggest something, but I see you have lots of fruits there. I am more on burnt bitter taste like choco, coffee and tobacco.
When one first quits smoking, they usually buy juice, which is rather suited to dulled taste buds, and higher in flavor, often sweeter, than what will taste good to them later.

We tend to use lower flavor percentages because our tongues have healed and A) we don’t need as much B) sometimes too much actually does not make it taste better or more flavorful. So, we often say, start low and add till you like it.

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
Steep time for cheesecakes and creams is going to be 4 weeks, but it may be good before then. I usually try a mix as soon as I make it and then wait.
Good point. I’m sure you know how hard it is to wait when you think you got a great flavor. I have heard of fast steeping methods but I have heard that nothing works better than time.

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
Also... I tested that crunch berry solo when I first got it. I’ve never added anything to it lol. That’s one I never would have thought could be stand alone, but it is. I do add Super sweet, but I add that to everything.
Good to know! I might add a little marshmallow to it at maybe 2%. Does super sweet make flavors that much better? That’s one thing I have seen in a lot of recipes.

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
I always mix at 50/50 so I found that a lot of flavors don’t need to be mixed so high. I like my mixes to have flavor but not too over powering. Although I have found some flavors from different vendors that need to be mixed at higher percentages because they are subtle. I also use these juices in my dripper so I get plenty of vapor, flavor and throat hit.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Good to know! I might add a little marshmallow to it at maybe 2%. Does super sweet make flavors that much better? That’s one thing I have seen in a lot of recipes.
Ymmv but I like my juice sweet. SS is my fave of all the sweeteners I’ve tried. I don’t find marshmallow sweet at all, but I do use it for a little mouth feel in some recipes.

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
If you like a bit of a bitter taste, check out cocoa by jf.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Some of those recipes may be older, 28% seems way too high. I say that because I used to make my juices at closer to 20% when I was vaping the kanger protank. The tanks have gotten much better so I don’t need as much flavoring to taste the juices. I mix around 10% max now as well. Also depends on the brand of flavoring. Some are much more concentrated then others.

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
Some of those recipes may be older, 28% seems way too high. I say that because I used to make my juices at closer to 20% when I was vaping the kanger protank. The tanks have gotten much better so I don’t need as much flavoring to taste the juices. I mix around 10% max now as well. Also depends on the brand of flavoring. Some are much more concentrated then others.
I think @madstabber would agree with me when I say that one of the reasons a lot of us get into DIY is to avoid those heavily flavored commercial juices they sell in all vape shops.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I think @madstabber would agree with me when I say that one of the reasons a lot of us get into DIY is to avoid those heavily flavored commercial juices they sell in all vape shops.
Yes that and especially the heavily flavored juices that taste like crap and cost a ton. I have total control of my juice and it costs less. I get exactly what I want and don’t have to compromise by vaping a subpar juice.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Will do. I’m looking forward to creating some new flavors in DIY. Just wish I got into this sooner!
Was the same for me. I've been vaping going on 5 years and just started diy last September. I swear I will never buy commercially made e-liquid again :)

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
Was the same for me. I've been vaping going on 5 years and just started diy last September. I swear I will never buy commercially made e-liquid again :)
I think I have enough DIY supplies to last me a year or so. All for the price of three bottles of commercial eliquid.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I think I have enough DIY supplies to last me a year or so. All for the price of three bottles of commercial eliquid.
You may have enough.... but will it be enough? :?::lol: I have about 110 different flavors right now. I have used all but the last few from my last 2 diy orders.
When I started ( which of course was not very long ago) I had a few flavors I really wanted to clone or mimic and hunted around a lot with different brands and types of flavors, pineapple was a big one, trying to get them "right". Still working on some of my favs but have made mostly great juice along the way.
I have avoided tobacco flavors in vaping for a long time but just recently wanted to make some tobacco blends for 3 family members, so that was a few more.
Just today (about a half hour ago) in the mail I got three new ones! LMAO. WF Banana Candy, TPA Banana Nut Bread, and FW Marshmallow. Did a knuckle test on the candy and it tastes like Laffy Taffy. I hear Marshmallow is mostly the same regardless of brand, and the banana nut bread is for my mother in law but I will make some for myself too.

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
You may have enough.... but will it be enough? :?::lol: I have about 110 different flavors right now. I have used all but the last few from my last 2 diy orders.
When I started ( which of course was not very long ago) I had a few flavors I really wanted to clone or mimic and hunted around a lot with different brands and types of flavors, pineapple was a big one, trying to get them "right". Still working on some of my favs but have made mostly great juice along the way.
I have avoided tobacco flavors in vaping for a long time but just recently wanted to make some tobacco blends for 3 family members, so that was a few more.
Just today (about a half hour ago) in the mail I got three new ones! LMAO. WF Banana Candy, TPA Banana Nut Bread, and FW Marshmallow. Did a knuckle test on the candy and it tastes like Laffy Taffy. I hear Marshmallow is mostly the same regardless of brand, and the banana nut bread is for my mother in law but I will make some for myself too.
Well it sounds like you also supplying your friends and family with your awesome ejuice.

Sounds like your making juice for the whole fam dam. I would love if my buddies would finally realize that good ejuice can be made in a matter of 20 minutes. I feel like even if I gave them a bottle of their favorite dessert flavor and told them they need to let it steep, they would immediately start using it and say it doesn’t taste as good as their usual juice lol. But that fact you have over 100 flavors shows that the amount of flavors from DIY can be endless. Props

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Well it sounds like you also supplying your friends and family with your awesome ejuice.

Sounds like your making juice for the whole fam dam. I would love if my buddies would finally realize that good ejuice can be made in a matter of 20 minutes. I feel like even if I gave them a bottle of their favorite dessert flavor and told them they need to let it steep, they would immediately start using it and say it doesn’t taste as good as their usual juice lol. But that fact you have over 100 flavors shows that the amount of flavors from DIY can be endless. Props
I do make all my wife's e-liquid but limit what I do for other people. Mother-in-law and father-in-law every once in a while. I go through a lot of liquid myself though; I vape low sub ohm with an Aromamizer Plus, .28 dual coils. The money I'm saving is ridiculous.

Reactions: madstabber

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
I am also using 10% flavorings currently, but single flavor only... I used to mix plain VG with juice I buy in vape shops, I also find them too tasty. I don't know yet, but my first estimated recipe totaled 25% flavorings. I'm still waiting for my flavorings to arrive(again). I will mix with plain VG again if the taste is too much. :D

And yeah, after only a month of doing DIY and I'm already on my fifth order of flavorings. :rolleyes:

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
I am also using 10% flavorings currently, but single flavor only... I used to mix plain VG with juice I buy in vape shops, I also find them too tasty. I don't know yet, but my first estimated recipe totaled 25% flavorings. I'm still waiting for my flavorings to arrive(again). I will mix with plain VG again if the taste is too much. :D

And yeah, after only a month of doing DIY and I'm already on my fifth order of flavorings. :rolleyes:
I found that most people that DIY keep their flavors low. But I also respect those who like bold, rich flavors. Vape on my man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread