Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Cactus? What flavor does that add?
Their are two parts of the cactus that are edible. The leaf; which is most often pickled, and tastes like a cross between a green bean and asparagus. And the prickly pear; the fruit of the cactus, which has a bubble-gummy/watermelon(y) flavor.

Inawera Cactus tastes most like the latter... prickly pear. It is a sweet, mostly nondescript, fruity note. Used in low percentages (<2%); it adds a moistness, and can help to make fruit flavors to "pop," without adding any significant flavor of its own. Above 2%, or as a stand-alone, it can add a bubble gum/tutti fruity nuance to a mix.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
Hey @ceeceeisme you need to come join us and share some wisdom. Finally have the FE lemon.:D

:D Thanks for the invite!

I saw this thread start up earlier in the week but I've been really busy and I have way too many "staples" to mention.

Have you done anything with that FE Lemon yet? I'm loving this stuff around 1.5% to 2%.

I have to work today so I don't even have time to read through the whole thread right now. :( Be back later.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
:D Thanks for the invite!

I saw this thread start up earlier in the week but I've been really busy and I have way too many "staples" to mention.

Have you done anything with that FE Lemon yet? I'm loving this stuff around 1.5% to 2%.

I have to work today so I don't even have time to read through the whole thread right now. :( Be back later.
Just got the FE lemon in yesterday, mixed the single this morning. Working on a cokkie with lemon glaze. Will give the FE it's test run in that recipe.

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
That's because you aren't fruity like me.:D
But I am just a tad weird...........

One day I will learn not to read the forums while drinking my coffee as it ends up on my monitors too often.

Their are two parts of the cactus that are edible. The leaf; which is most often pickled, and tastes like a cross between a green bean and asparagus. And the prickly pear; the fruit of the cactus, which has a bubble-gummy/watermelon(y) flavor.

Inawera Cactus tastes most like the latter... prickly pear. It is a sweet, mostly nondescript, fruity note. Used in low percentages (<2%); it adds a moistness, and can help to make fruit flavors to "pop," without adding any significant flavor of its own. Above 2%, or as a stand-alone, it can add a bubble gum/tutti fruity nuance to a mix.
Great explanation thanks and there are three parts to some cactus just one cannot be talked about here :cool:

• Agree
Reactions: smacuser

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I don’t have much to add, most of my go-tos have been mentioned. I didn’t see gummy candy mentioned, but that’s a new favorite of mine. It does fade fast though. Seems like cactus would do about the same thing, maybe without the vanishing act. I’ll have to try that.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I'm just now starting to narrow down my must haves in my fruit arsenal. Getting to the core flavors I will keep restocking has taken longer than I expected on this fork in my vaping journey.

I’ve been mixing 4 years plus. I feel like I know about 1% of what there is to know!

I have been keeping a master list of flavors I’ve tried, and ones I still have. I’ve bought too many more than once, then find I didn’t like them the first time.

I seriously need a better way to organize them than dumping them in boxes lol. Takes forever to fine one.

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
Seems like cactus would do about the same thing, maybe without the vanishing act. I’ll have to try that.

That is one of the things I am hoping comes out of this journey. Until this, I would never have thought about getting cactus I've seen it many times on flavor sites and all I could ever think is Just Why but after reading what it does it is on my shopping list.

Any more tricks out there?

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I've just mixed 30ml of INW Custard with the intention of doing some "tank" mixing after it's steeped. Such as adding a few drops of tobacco in the tank or a few drops of fruit or...............

Just something I haven't done before.

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2017
    Fort Worth Texas
    I've just mixed 30ml of INW Custard with the intention of doing some "tank" mixing after it's steeped. Such as adding a few drops of tobacco in the tank or a few drops of fruit or...............

Just something I haven't done before.

hope it works out for you

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I think RF aged bourbon cream will be one of mine. Both TFA and FA pear are must haves. Thinking they will go well with the ABC. Haven't started on the recipe yet. There is also a bourbon apple recipe floating around in my head. Maybe a cheesecake or pie for the apple.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread