Not open for further replies.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm just not much interested in tobacco and Meg doesn't like the bourbon. Would probably just sit on the shelf. Might add the ABC to the pecan st recipe tho.

Hubs getting any relief yet Fran? Know this last chemo was hard on him.
    He's still feeling pretty sick.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    IDK Necrospected, but I'm going to be attempting it the first time fairly soon (I have a margarita flavor). I don't think it would effect anything else too much, due to the very low amount of saline you'd be using, and yes, people do use it. I am specifically looking for "salt" though. IDK how it might affect another flavoring mix.

Anna

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2017
    Fort Worth Texas
    www.forsakengamingnation.com
    IDK Necrospected, but I'm going to be attempting it the first time fairly soon (I have a margarita flavor). I don't think it would effect anything else too much, due to the very low amount of saline you'd be using, and yes, people do use it. I am specifically looking for "salt" though. IDK how it might affect another flavoring mix.

Anna

I really do not see it adding much of anything but the recipe I have has been sitting here for a while now I need to get the stuff and make it try it with and without the saline

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    @Fozzy71 introduced me to a recipe a while back that uses 0.9% Saline anyone used this in there mixing? does this add anything to it maybe some salt?
    @Slots introduced me to using a 0.09% saline solution ("wound wash" found at most drug stores) about a year and a half ago. It is useful for smoothing out the harshness of some of the rougher citrus recipes I have made. It is also good for adding a bit of brightness to fruits. I use 1 or 2 drops in a tank fill (3ish mL).

You don't taste "salt" per se (remember; it is a very low percentage of a 0.09% concentrate); but I liken it to adding a sprinkle of salt on a piece of cantaloupe or watermelon. If, you put enough on to actually perceive saltiness, it's kinda gross. But if you use less, the salt isn't noticed in and of itself, yet the flavor is still noticeably changed.

What I like about it; is it is easily added to finished mixes. Adding it to a tank, to see if it is going to offer anything, works just fine for me.

So, is it going to give Anna the "salty rim," for her margarita? No. Do I use it in every mix? No. However, my stash will never be without.:D

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2017
    Fort Worth Texas
    www.forsakengamingnation.com
    @Slots introduced me to using a 0.09% saline solution ("wound wash" found at most drug stores) about a year and a half ago. It is useful for smoothing out the harshness of some of the rougher citrus recipes I have made. It is also good for adding a bit of brightness to fruits. I use 1 or 2 drops in a tank fill (3ish mL).

You don't taste "salt" per se (remember; it is a very low percentage of a 0.09% concentrate); but I liken it to adding a sprinkle of salt on a piece of cantaloupe or watermelon. If, you put enough on to actually perceive saltiness, it's kinda gross. But if you use less, the salt isn't noticed in and of itself, yet the flavor is still noticeably changed.

What I like about it; is it is easily added to finished mixes. Adding it to a tank, to see if it is going to offer anything, works just fine for me.

So, is it going to give Anna the "salty rim," for her margarita? No. Do I use it in every mix? No. However, my stash will never be without.:D

Thank you so much for the explanation I am going to shoot out to the drug store in a bit and get some and give it a try in a few recipes I have that I have been playing with as well as the one I was given.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    It is, by no means, a panacea; but I do find it useful in certain situations. :)

This is the one I found at Walgreen's:
    upload_2018-5-3_17-37-41.png

upload_2018-5-3_17-39-11.png

Don't use nasal sprays, contact liquids, eye drops, etc.; as they all(?) contain additional ingredients, that may or may not, be appropriate for vaping. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread