The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

DIY - Oops, Bloops and Blunders!

Discussion in 'Nicotine Giant' started by DIYVaper, Feb 2, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DIYVaper

DIYVaper Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

Nov 1, 2017
    Irmo, SC
    We all have them! I know I do. I will be sharing a few with you next week! ECF Oops.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. stols001

stols001 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2017
    The time I mixed 14 juices and accidentally used a marker instead of a permanent sharpie.... I did eventually figure them out by taste but it was fairly unpleasant. LOL. I now label in at least 2 places, cover with packing tape, and etc. :)

Anna

3. DIYVaper

Nov 1, 2017
    Irmo, SC
    I have definitely done that, Anna. How about grabbing a bottle just knowing for certain it's the flavor you want, measuring it and completing the mix to only then realize it was not the right flavoring? First mouthful of "what the heck is that"!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. NeoIsTaken

NeoIsTaken New Member

Feb 16, 2018
    Purchased a new flavor. Did not test it before mixing. Made a batch using normal ratios for a pronounced flavor. When I took a pull on the vape it tasted like someone had sprayed cologne in my mouth. Afterwords proper testing I found that I only need a a few drops of the flavor. It made a nice back note to a flavor profile, but was not a good primary flavor.

• Like Like x 2
  5. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I didn’t make this one but I did vape it at a vape meet: philly cheese steak. Never ever again. Only thing I’ve ever vapes worse than ry4. (Yes I know some people like ry4. Just goes to show how subjective this stuff can be)

• Like Like x 2
  6. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    Dripping straight concentrate is a mistake you (I) won't do again.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DIYVaper

Nov 1, 2017
    Irmo, SC
    Ewww! That just sounds like an awful vape! LOL! You're braver than me to even try it!:)

• Like Like x 1
  8. DIYVaper

Nov 1, 2017
    Irmo, SC
    This is one that a lot of people think is an awesome way to try a flavor prior to mixing a batch of something you might not really like. It doesn't work so well. I have never dripped straight concentrate before, but I have been known to put a drop on the tip of my finger and lightly tap my tongue to it to checkout the taste, LOL!

There are two that got me good with this. The worst one was Bacon, disgusting! Even though I smelled it first and thought it was disgusting, I still attempted a tiny taste to see if it might work in very small amounts with other flavors. NO, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! I tossed that bottle and never looked back.

The second one was Jalapeno. When it arrived, I smelled it, yep, Jalapeno smell. I wasn't about to taste it. Since I had quit smoking and my taste buds had come back, I just had a horrible experience going out to eat wings with my family. When you smoke, your taste buds are dulled. My brother-in-law and I always got the most extremely hot wings they had on the menu. To say the least, I was sitting at the table red faced, sweat pouring, gulping everyone's water down with my eyes pouring water until I could get the waitress to bring me some milk and a bowl of ice to stick my tongue in. So no tongue taste of the Jalapeno for me. I mixed some up with a small percentage and put it in a CE4 on an eGo (yeah, it was a long time ago!) I hit it once and I actually didn't taste anything, but on the inhale, the heat reacted in my lungs, I must have coughed for 2 days straight from that one hit.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DIYVaper

Nov 1, 2017
    Irmo, SC
    I've done this as well. That perfume taste is a fine line that each DIY'er has to draw for themselves according to their individual tastes. I can't stand perfumey, tobacco or floral vapes, personally.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    Instead of tasting straight concentrate a better option is to mix a drop or two in a spoonfull of whipped cream and then give it a taste. The whipped cream will dilute it and simulate the taste of pg/vg vapor.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Second session of mixing I was working off printed recipes, unfortunately I did not notice I had dropped the decimals while typing them out.

• Like Like x 2
  12. DIYVaper

Nov 1, 2017
    Irmo, SC
    Oh, no! That's why I call this thread, DIY Oops, Bloops & Blunders! I'm sure some more of mine will come back to me. I've been mixing since 2010.

I do remember several attempts to get a good cherry flavor, finally just gave up. It's never going to happen for me! All cherry flavors taste like cherry flavored cough syrup to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DIYVaper

Nov 1, 2017
    Irmo, SC
    Yes, I bet it would be a better way to taste new flavors. However, I know of one person in particular that would give me nothing but smack if I started purchasing whipped cream for the warehouse and as soon as he found out, everybody else would know and would be giving me smack as well! :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Myk

Myk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Knocked a nearly full 30ml bottle of menthol over. My sinuses cut loose.

• Funny Funny x 3