Status
Not open for further replies.

DIYVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2017
Irmo, SC
www.nicotinegiant.com
We all have them! I know I do. I will be sharing a few with you next week!
ECF Oops.jpg

Reactions: stols001

NeoIsTaken

Feb 16, 2018
Purchased a new flavor. Did not test it before mixing. Made a batch using normal ratios for a pronounced flavor. When I took a pull on the vape it tasted like someone had sprayed cologne in my mouth. Afterwords proper testing I found that I only need a a few drops of the flavor. It made a nice back note to a flavor profile, but was not a good primary flavor.

DIYVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2017
Irmo, SC
www.nicotinegiant.com
I didn’t make this one but I did vape it at a vape meet: philly cheese steak. Never ever again. Only thing I’ve ever vapes worse than ry4. (Yes I know some people like ry4. Just goes to show how subjective this stuff can be)

Ewww! That just sounds like an awful vape! LOL! You're braver than me to even try it!:)

DIYVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2017
Irmo, SC
www.nicotinegiant.com
Dripping straight concentrate is a mistake you (I) won't do again.

This is one that a lot of people think is an awesome way to try a flavor prior to mixing a batch of something you might not really like. It doesn't work so well. I have never dripped straight concentrate before, but I have been known to put a drop on the tip of my finger and lightly tap my tongue to it to checkout the taste, LOL!

There are two that got me good with this. The worst one was Bacon, disgusting! Even though I smelled it first and thought it was disgusting, I still attempted a tiny taste to see if it might work in very small amounts with other flavors. NO, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! I tossed that bottle and never looked back.

The second one was Jalapeno. When it arrived, I smelled it, yep, Jalapeno smell. I wasn't about to taste it. Since I had quit smoking and my taste buds had come back, I just had a horrible experience going out to eat wings with my family. When you smoke, your taste buds are dulled. My brother-in-law and I always got the most extremely hot wings they had on the menu. To say the least, I was sitting at the table red faced, sweat pouring, gulping everyone's water down with my eyes pouring water until I could get the waitress to bring me some milk and a bowl of ice to stick my tongue in. So no tongue taste of the Jalapeno for me. I mixed some up with a small percentage and put it in a CE4 on an eGo (yeah, it was a long time ago!) I hit it once and I actually didn't taste anything, but on the inhale, the heat reacted in my lungs, I must have coughed for 2 days straight from that one hit.

Reactions: AzPlumber

DIYVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2017
Irmo, SC
www.nicotinegiant.com
Purchased a new flavor. Did not test it before mixing. Made a batch using normal ratios for a pronounced flavor. When I took a pull on the vape it tasted like someone had sprayed cologne in my mouth. Afterwords proper testing I found that I only need a a few drops of the flavor. It made a nice back note to a flavor profile, but was not a good primary flavor.

I've done this as well. That perfume taste is a fine line that each DIY'er has to draw for themselves according to their individual tastes. I can't stand perfumey, tobacco or floral vapes, personally.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
This is one that a lot of people think is an awesome way to try a flavor prior to mixing a batch of something you might not really like. It doesn't work so well. I have never dripped straight concentrate before, but I have been known to put a drop on the tip of my finger and lightly tap my tongue to it to checkout the taste, LOL!

There are two that got me good with this. The worst one was Bacon, disgusting! Even though I smelled it first and thought it was disgusting, I still attempted a tiny taste to see if it might work in very small amounts with other flavors. NO, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! I tossed that bottle and never looked back.

The second one was Jalapeno. When it arrived, I smelled it, yep, Jalapeno smell. I wasn't about to taste it. Since I had quit smoking and my taste buds had come back, I just had a horrible experience going out to eat wings with my family. When you smoke, your taste buds are dulled. My brother-in-law and I always got the most extremely hot wings they had on the menu. To say the least, I was sitting at the table red faced, sweat pouring, gulping everyone's water down with my eyes pouring water until I could get the waitress to bring me some milk and a bowl of ice to stick my tongue in. So no tongue taste of the Jalapeno for me. I mixed some up with a small percentage and put it in a CE4 on an eGo (yeah, it was a long time ago!) I hit it once and I actually didn't taste anything, but on the inhale, the heat reacted in my lungs, I must have coughed for 2 days straight from that one hit.

Instead of tasting straight concentrate a better option is to mix a drop or two in a spoonfull of whipped cream and then give it a taste. The whipped cream will dilute it and simulate the taste of pg/vg vapor.

DIYVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2017
Irmo, SC
www.nicotinegiant.com
Second session of mixing I was working off printed recipes, unfortunately I did not notice I had dropped the decimals while typing them out.

Oh, no! That's why I call this thread, DIY Oops, Bloops & Blunders! I'm sure some more of mine will come back to me. I've been mixing since 2010.

I do remember several attempts to get a good cherry flavor, finally just gave up. It's never going to happen for me! All cherry flavors taste like cherry flavored cough syrup to me.

• Agree

DIYVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2017
Irmo, SC
www.nicotinegiant.com
Instead of tasting straight concentrate a better option is to mix a drop or two in a spoonfull of whipped cream and then give it a taste. The whipped cream will dilute it and simulate the taste of pg/vg vapor.

Yes, I bet it would be a better way to taste new flavors. However, I know of one person in particular that would give me nothing but smack if I started purchasing whipped cream for the warehouse and as soon as he found out, everybody else would know and would be giving me smack as well! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread