DIY Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
So I am confused ( not really an unusual state for me :facepalm: ), I got some Absolut tobacco that has already been diluted 50% in PGA, and I am getting conflicting opinions on how much more to dilute.
I got one person saying to dilute 4 drops in 10ml and use that solution @ 2 drops per 10ml for juice ( seriously!? ), and another person saying they use it at one drop per ml.
I know everyone's taste is different, but surely there is a common starting point for basic flavor strength??! Can anyone help me out?

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So I am confused ( not really an unusual state for me :facepalm: ), I got some Absolut tobacco that has already been diluted 50% in PGA, and I am getting conflicting opinions on how much more to dilute.
I got one person saying to dilute 4 drops in 10ml and use that solution @ 2 drops per 10ml for juice ( seriously!? ), and another person saying they use it at one drop per ml.
I know everyone's taste is different, but surely there is a common starting point for basic flavor strength??! Can anyone help me out?

Contact ScubDan, he has experiance with Tobacco Absolute

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I use the ta diluted to add a bit more punch to a tobacco flavor. For a really strong tobacco I use seedman commercial concentrate at 12%, then add 4 drops of ta diluted per 10 ml. For a mellower one, keep the seedman, add 3% hazelnut, then add 2 drops ta diluted per 10 ml.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This is a recipe i tried that CloudCat posted in the diy thread...its really good :

French Silk Cake Batter
This is a modification on the Yellow Cake Batter recipe by Skwerl.

Flavor at 20%:
35% TPA Dulce de Leche
40% Capellas Vanilla Custard
25% TPA/Capellas Caramel

What does Dulce de Leche taste like? I know de Leche is "of Milk" in spanish.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Ta its tobacco absolute. I normally use the ta diluted sold by perfumers apprentice.

For Nic mixing, I tend to look at the final amount needed, then calculate how much nic the flavoring will contribute. :
Want 20 ml of 20 mg liquid, 20x20=400 mg of nic needed.
I want to use 25% of a 16mg flavoring: 5ml x 16 = 80mg of nic comes from the flavoring.
I still need 400 - 80 = 320mg of nic
If I have 36 mg unflavored nic, I need 320/36 = 9 ml of it.
I've used up 5 + 9 = 14ml, so need 20 - 14 = 6 ml of filler (plain vg or pg)

Rudy33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ta its tobacco absolute. I normally use the ta diluted sold by perfumers apprentice.

For Nic mixing, I tend to look at the final amount needed, then calculate how much nic the flavoring will contribute. :
Want 20 ml of 20 mg liquid, 20x20=400 mg of nic needed.
I want to use 25% of a 16mg flavoring: 5ml x 16 = 80mg of nic comes from the flavoring.
I still need 400 - 80 = 320mg of nic
If I have 36 mg unflavored nic, I need 320/36 = 9 ml of it.
I've used up 5 + 9 = 14ml, so need 20 - 14 = 6 ml of filler (plain vg or pg)

Thank you - I can put this in a spreadsheet and be able to calculate my own. Awesome.

Lilacs212too

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Williamsburg, VA
I am in need of some recommendations from any DIY vets.. I took a PIF to try my hand at DIY, and can't be creative with the flavors.. was hoping maybe someone can look at the list and whip up a few suggestions.. I did try one thing, vannila bean mint ice cream, good stuff, but looking for any other suggestions... here is the list of what i have..

The Perfumer’s Apprentice Flavorings
4ml Peppermint
4ml Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
4ml Cola
4ml Peach

Faeries Finest
4ml Caramel
4ml Macadamia Nut
4ml Butterscotch
4ml Huckleberry
4ml Coconut
4ml Maple
4ml Rum
4ml Ginger

LorAnn Flavorings
4ml Orange Cream
4ml Root Beer
4ml Grape
4ml Cherry
4ml Cola
(I also have some other LorAnns flavorings, Pina Colada, Raspberry)

Any ideas? Would love to hear one or two (or ten or twenty!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread