Status
Not open for further replies.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
shan is great- I have the dual gadget dna20. lightweight but durable and tough. love the two 18650 batteries(button top only) for long vape times. feels great in my hand or pocket. the dna20 is perfect for me, set and forget( I do tinker some but not because I have to). she now does one where you can leave in the batteries and charge with a usb. worth the wait.
faxedbox mods does a couple of really nice ones- the mini and the budget. the budget takes two 18650 and is the most comfortable mod out of the many I have owned and held. it is an oval shape and fits perfectly in your hand. it is taller than shan's but thinner. you have to e-mail matt(the owner ) and he will get back to you with lead times. the mini is a small box mod (aluminum) and is quit durable- internal battery only.
the futura looks fantastic but is in pre-order only and I would wait to hear some reviews or feedback. if everything is ok it will definitely be on my xmas list.
where did you hear mamu is retiring? I got an e-mail and she said she was taking sept. off but would pick it up in oct. sometime. definitely want another lexi or denali.... she also mentions doing a run of denalis so I doubt she is retiring.

dbeast64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
South Carolina
shan is great- I have the dual gadget dna20. lightweight but durable and tough. love the two 18650 batteries(button top only) for long vape times. feels great in my hand or pocket. the dna20 is perfect for me, set and forget( I do tinker some but not because I have to). she now does one where you can leave in the batteries and charge with a usb. worth the wait.
faxedbox mods does a couple of really nice ones- the mini and the budget. the budget takes two 18650 and is the most comfortable mod out of the many I have owned and held. it is an oval shape and fits perfectly in your hand. it is taller than shan's but thinner. you have to e-mail matt(the owner ) and he will get back to you with lead times. the mini is a small box mod (aluminum) and is quit durable- internal battery only.
the futura looks fantastic but is in pre-order only and I would wait to hear some reviews or feedback. if everything is ok it will definitely be on my xmas list.
where did you hear mamu is retiring? I got an e-mail and she said she was taking sept. off but would pick it up in oct. sometime. definitely want another lexi or denali.... she also mentions doing a run of denalis so I doubt she is retiring.

I thought I remembered seeing where she was hanging up her soldering iron,maybe I misunderstood. I'm not on her email list so,I thought that was what she meant. If she's going to be back,I just may have to wait until then :D

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
I have a shan as well dual 18650 ss button love it great build at a nice price when you can get one.

every month she has a pre-order for the boom(internal batteries)or the gadget(2 18650s) and now the gadget hybrid(18650s with usb charging). she takes pre-orders from the end of one month until the 10th (or so) into the next month. usually you then get your dna20 around the 25th of that same month. pretty simple and easy to get a great mod and it only requires a little patience. yes, I love my dual gadget and I am vaping it as I type this.........

Silver Skull

Mar 30, 2013
FL, USA
Today I received a present from my wife :), made by Shanmods. 1 of 1. It looks awesome, vapes great and it was made specifically for my liking with Silverskull on it, custom graphics with the games that I love. Thank you Shan and wifey :D

20131003_173231.jpg

Last edited:

jayjules

Verified Member
Mar 7, 2012
Fl
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: No discussion of buy/sell/trade outside of Classifieds

Silver Skull

Mar 30, 2013
FL, USA
I've been interested in getting a DNA 20 and with Mamu going into retirement, the choices just got slimmer. Thought about something from Shanmods but, wanted to get some opinions
first......

What would the general consensus be?
Cyborg is nice but far too long for me, and the Futura is even longer.

Shanmods got my custom dna20 to me within a month. I posted a picture in this thread already. It is well made. She put in graphics of Halo, Silent Hill, Resident evil and a silverskull at my wife's request with my name. Couldn't be happier. My phone camera doesn't do it justice but here is another pic. 20131003_172327.jpg

Here is the direct pic of her art. It looks even better on my DNA20
cfijdejj.jpg

Last edited:

frazz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
Rhode Island
The three that I like out there are:

1) Futura
2) Dr G's Protovapor
3) Cyborg

I'm working on mine at the moment, always wanted a box mod, since both my mods are tube style...

But check those out, they are all high quality...

The Wizard Evolved is another one, but it's a but pricey IMO, but it is Titanium...

I have two of these three on order.... What device is in your avatar?

tom_chang79

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
CA
Never seen those, but they don't look like DNA 20. I have this on order...looks very similar

Products | Protovapor

Dr G's Protovapor is very sexy... You should give it a try, I've been exchanging correspondence with him here at ECF, and he definitely knows his stuff...

Here's mine

y9y7epuh.jpg

Considering doing a limited run, but the case itself takes about 8 hours to print... I could panelize it and maybe do three at a time... For now, it's my R&D curiosity, the buttons are all from Madvape's... They are cheap and fugly so my next one will have much nicer ones... Also, need to streamline the assembly by building a small breakout board for the wiring into the DNA20 for serviceability...

frazz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
Rhode Island
Dr G's Protovapor is very sexy... You should give it a try, I've been exchanging correspondence with him here at ECF, and he definitely knows his stuff...

Here's mine

y9y7epuh.jpg

Considering doing a limited run, but the case itself takes about 8 hours to print... I could panelize it and maybe do three at a time... For now, it's my R&D curiosity, the buttons are all from Madvape's... They are cheap and fugly so my next one will have much nicer ones... Also, need to streamline the assembly by building a small breakout board for the wiring into the DNA20 for serviceability...

You using a 3d printer for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread