Status
Not open for further replies.

morri

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Texas
I found dozens and dozens of people having same problem with same company at scambook.com. Just do a search there under "e-cig free trial" and you will see what I mean. Many of them are well into the litigation aspects already. This may be of some use to you, Arkansawboy. You may be able to do a class action.

A quick comment: After hearing about vaping and while starting to look around at vaping sites and forums, I found and ordered from one of those free trials.

It wasn't all bad. I cancelled as soon as I realized what the "subscription" shipments would cost. It wasn't all that hard although I did have to do it by phone. The big plus for me was I learned quickly that I did not want to vape those throwaway little ecigs with only the tobacco flavor that came in it.

That was over a year ago and I have to say vaping has changed my life in all good ways. Love, love, love it. :)

Good to warn people about these things!

... If you have already purchased and received one of these 'free-trial' offers, return it immediately! The trial period typically starts when they ship the product not when you receive it, so you don't have much time to act once it's in your hands. ...

They may let you think that that is how it works, but in a lot of countries the law states something different. For example, in The Netherlands there is a law that is called "Wet kopen op afstand" ("Buying at a distance"), that specifically deals with these kinds of purchases. Even though a lot of dutch people don't know it, they ALWAYS have the right to return the product without need for a reason, if it is unopened and within 30 days of actually receiving it, for a full refund minus postage.

They will try to discourage people from excercising their rights of course :S by stating some other 'trial period' construction on the website or whatever, but you can just ignore that. With international orders, be sure what your rights are in the country you are ordering from ;)

I am so glad I did a lot of research before I started vaping; I just recently found ecf but I learned a lot from you tube, namely Grimm and Phil Busardo. I started with the disposable blu and I wouldn't have realized there were so many other options. Thanks for all the info on ecf, I'm lucky to have never run into these "free trials".

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
quote from first post:

Edit Note: To anyone wishing to reply to this post and share their experiences, that will be helpful to others as well. However, please refrain from calling out any company by name. I would hate to see this much needed information have to be taken down due to posts that break any forum rules. I think just mentioning a company as a "free-trial supplier" is enough to cover all such companies. There are many of these companies out there now, and some even seem to change their name on a regular basis. The one that advertises on my local radio station has altered their name twice in the last 6-8 months, yet have the exact same script in their commercial (with just the name changed).

Last edited:

Prodi

Moved On
Apr 27, 2012
Spain
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Moved On

tpoulton

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2010
Rochester, NY
My wife and I got the free try set. A year layer they still will not stop charging we had to get new cards.

The ole "bait n switch" routine kind of. Make you believe they are willing to give you a deal (FREE?) and get their hooks into your wallet. And their product is crapp! :facepalm:

EatnBullets

Apr 27, 2012
Florida
Had a friend of mine get caught with this type of thing. The kit cost $189 and a pack of cartridges cost $69. OMG!!! I can get a kit for $49 or less and cartos for $10.50. I told him about this forum and told him to start reading (and to keep vaping).

That was the deal my wife got we had to go a month with out ATM cards to get them replaced. The bank would put a stop payment on it just to have it billed again the next week. It was miserable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread