The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Do Not Order "Free Trials"!!!

Discussion in 'New Members Information' started by highping, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. M3mph1s

M3mph1s Full Member

May 3, 2012
    DFW
    Excellent post to be stickied, especially in the newb forum. I'm new to the world of vapor and had not heard of these scams. I am trying to get other friends into the hobby though, and now I know to insist that they stray away from practices like these.

2. tdlauro

tdlauro Full Member

May 4, 2012
    Eagleville, pa
    Almost got me. Thanks for the warning!

3. gabhayes

gabhayes New Member

Apr 17, 2012
    oklahoma
    almost got me too.thanks very much.

4. cnhauf

cnhauf Full Member

Apr 29, 2012
    North Carolina, USA
    I will try to refrain from using specifics but this e-gig company also has a famous diet using pretty much the same name :)
    It always shows up as one of the top five companies when you do a google search for "best e-cigs".
    Please do not get lured in like I did.
    For what I spent on their deluxe starter kit (which is totally worthless) you can pick up a complete Indulgence V3 kit for about the exact same price.
    The Indulgence blows their kit away by leaps and bounds.
    Then you can decide when to go ahead and buy the real BIG DADDY of them all out there, The Provari !!!

5. undeadzombie47

undeadzombie47 Full Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Breezy Point
    Im glad I discovered this site before i invested a lot of money in to those.

6. cnhauf
    This message by cnhauf has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, May 8, 2012, Reason: Off Topic.
    May 7, 2012
  7. cnhauf
    This message by cnhauf has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, May 8, 2012, Reason: Off Topic.
    May 7, 2012
  8. JennyS

JennyS Full Member

May 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    If it wasn't for my sister I would have done a free trial. I'm so glad she stopped me. She's been vaping a lot longer than me.

9. CigSwitcher

CigSwitcher Full Member

May 8, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Wish I've read this before... a friend of mine was ripped about $200 for a "free" trial a couple of months ago...
    Its a long story... but the only way he was able to stop the charges on his credit card was by closing it... I would say very bad luck and crappy bank customer service...

10. izelian

izelian Full Member

May 8, 2012
    USA
    that is always the question. Great post thanks

11. I fell for this scam initially, but quickly realized these were toys. I persisted until I found something that worked (more or less) and actually got off analogs.

12. crazyaxl

crazyaxl Full Member

May 8, 2012
    germany
    thanks for posting!

13. Barto

Barto Moved On ECF Veteran

Aug 4, 2011
    Kapetown
    Remember that freebies should not ask for a credit card.

14. Freeality

Freeality Full Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Olympia, WA
    indeed.. i sure am glad the whole autobill thing for "replacement" prefilled cartos didnt catch on-- one of the things i love about vaping is all the customization that is possible.

15. JMcbride
    This message by JMcbride has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, May 22, 2012, Reason: Moved On.
    May 10, 2012
  16. ScottUSMC

ScottUSMC New Member

May 11, 2012
    Miami, Fl
    Would this include companies with 30 money back guarantees?

17. Penru

Penru Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 25, 2011
    Pittsburgh, Pa

Yes, they will also auto bill ... but if you use a prepaid card with no overdrafts and only 5$ on it...

18. BruceRH80

BruceRH80 New Member

May 19, 2012
    SEKS
    Great post. I signed up for one of those "free" offers, and after giving my email address, read that I was about to be automatically charged $49.95 / month unless/until I manually canceled. Of course, I backed out, and so far so good for not being continually spammed for the attempt. I have been smoke free for 79 days now, on over the counter kits, one "mod", and online refill eliquid.

19. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Full Member Verified Member

May 19, 2012
    NYC
    Thanks for the info. I generally never respond to free offers for products of any kind. I always believed you get what you pay for, and nothing is really free.

20. Takoda

Takoda Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2012
    pennsylvania
    Thanks for the info!

21. LilBoab

LilBoab New Member

May 22, 2012
    Edinburgh
    I'm the newest of newbies and my mate who's also vaping wanted to get a skycig free trial that looked dodgy as hell, talked him out of it and bought an E-Lite instead...

22. kookycole

kookycole Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Newark, OH
    I have to disagree with Penru on this one. I have personally used two companies with 30 day money-back guarantees on starter kits (Moderated) and neither of them auto billed. I'm sure there are companies that do it, but not all.

23. tiberius_claud

tiberius_claud Full Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    Keep with the "shut up and take my money" approach, everybody.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.