Do you fiddle with your thingy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
Thanks Rocco, we had a great time grilling with family down at the lake Saturday... back to the grind now though. Hehe, who am I kidding, I worked Saturday when we got back and Sunday.

Here is a shot of the Tiny tank Prototypes. From left to right is HalfLing on a 350mah next Standard on a 650mah Winder and last XL on a 400mah Twist. You can sort of make out the groove on the caps on the XL one. I put that there with the thought of being able to add the orings as pictured on the others and they make a great bumper. For those who like to stand up their eGos which constantly fall over all they do is bounce with these orings.

Going to check capacity on these soon and of course the numbers will be "Tiny" but we showed them off a little over the weekend and feedback has been great, I think they are going to be a hit. We should have the anodized parts in before Vegas so just a couple more weeks to go, I think the colored parts are really going to make these pop and a few of our colors match our Winder batteries pretty close so they are going be make for a sharp setup. Looking at under a Fifty for tank, IBTipsy, Cartomizer, Charger, Winder and Beauty Ring.

Tiny_Tanks.jpg

15 mm IBTanked! BRING IT!! :thumbs: I'm already filling my mental shopping cart with several standard and XLs. :hubba: And thanks to Baditude, for pointing me in this direction!

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
The Tiny Tanks will be up soon. I have given our web developer the details so as soon as he can het to it. There will be no pictures until we get a package sent to him and he is able to add them to the site. We are slowly working on a uniform look across the site which has been long time coming but slowly is the key to keep from killing us with the bill.

They will be $16 for caps and $4 for glass. So $20 for a basic tank and $29 with the IBTipsy as pictured above. We have these in all 10 colors as our other caps but not in Stainless.

One thing on these tanks and I know I am gonna catch hell from folks but it is what it is. The glass is half the thickness as our other tanks, care must be taken putting in the caps. Out of a few hundred we have put together so far we have broken about four or five tubes. The one I broke I felt the metal of the cap hit the glass and pop. Need to keep them fairly straight going in and give them a little twist. Once they are you can kind of pump them to get them to seat which is what I do with all of our other tubes but pumping these before they are actually int he tube can lead to them going in cockeyed and it dont take much to bring on the unhappy.

That said I have also been carrying a pair of these set up on eGo batteries in my pants pocked for over two weeks now and have yet to break one any other way other than installing the caps and that one time i know what I did wrong.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Deb, if you didnt get the flyer in your order it is on the FAQ page. Pretty much it is in the OP of this thread but has pictures :D We have been trying to get the flyer out to folks who seem to be new customers, sorry if you didnt get one.

Hawki, welcome aboard... there is a little bit of the shadier side of fun involved but the end goal is simply an easy way for folks to get that consistent good vape.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Never a bad idea to have backup glass. These are quite durable and I have seen countless reports of snapping a cartomizer in a fall but with the right hit they can break. This is why we structured the pricing to make the glass as affordable as we could so for a few dollars the tube could be replaced if needed and you get to keep using the main part of the cost which is the caps and in your case that beautiful Rook IBTipsy :)

I have to say I am still surprised at the response to our IBTipys, I thought when I got pricing for them from our shop that they would have limited appeal because we simply cannot match import pricing for a part like that in a US made product.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
I will let them know and yes it can be a little much when collecting lol. I have many devices from a variety of makers, I just keep telling myself it is nowhere near what I would have spent had I not switched to vaping and honestly the $ part for me pales in comparison to the other benefits of vaping.

I see you are in Vegas Deb, did you make it to VapeFest last month? We had a great time there. TJ came by and helped us out in a big way helping folks set up tanks and just generally being a great guy.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Long Beach this coming weekend for us Deb then we are off the road for the winter most likely. We may try to make it over for one of the local meets you folks have over there. Good excuse for us to get out for a weekend :D We also like going down south for the IE groups meets, it is just a few folks that usually show up for those but they are fun group. Most likely will try and fit in a road trip down there soon.

Not sure where our next big show will be. I think we would like to do something int he North East like Ohio but certainly not until spring for that. The Mrs really wants to do an International Meet for obviously selfish reasons and you can bet I will happily tag along if we can arrange it.

MJTP

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2012
TN
Just to ask, I'm looking around for tank systems after my Protank II has been a NoTank. What interested me in the Protank was that it only had one small wick that had a chance of burning or giving off vaporized wick material - I'm a big safety guy. I never have trusted regular cartomizers much because there's so much material in them, and they always burn on me anyway. But sadly, my Protank was no better - keeps tasting like a fire. I just want to ask exactly how does the IBT tank work - I see a hole in the bottom of the center tube, but what type of system lies beyond that?

balwin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado, United States
The Tiny Tanks will be up soon. I have given our web developer the details so as soon as he can het to it. There will be no pictures until we get a package sent to him and he is able to add them to the site. We are slowly working on a uniform look across the site which has been long time coming but slowly is the key to keep from killing us with the bill.

They will be $16 for caps and $4 for glass. So $20 for a basic tank and $29 with the IBTipsy as pictured above. We have these in all 10 colors as our other caps but not in Stainless.

One thing on these tanks and I know I am gonna catch hell from folks but it is what it is. The glass is half the thickness as our other tanks, care must be taken putting in the caps. Out of a few hundred we have put together so far we have broken about four or five tubes. The one I broke I felt the metal of the cap hit the glass and pop. Need to keep them fairly straight going in and give them a little twist. Once they are you can kind of pump them to get them to seat which is what I do with all of our other tubes but pumping these before they are actually int he tube can lead to them going in cockeyed and it dont take much to bring on the unhappy.

That said I have also been carrying a pair of these set up on eGo batteries in my pants pocked for over two weeks now and have yet to break one any other way other than installing the caps and that one time i know what I did wrong.

I am enjoying my tanks from the Las Vegas show. Here is a pic to show how tiny my tiny tank is and a second for the heck of it! They are both great and I hope to order a couple more very soon. Thank you so much for helping me break in to real tanks!
View attachment 261796 View attachment 261797

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Hi MJ, cartomizers have a filler material in them that holds the liquid close to the coil. It is sort of a saturation point that is reached that keeps the liquid in the tank until it is needed in the cartomizer. There is some user technique that one acquires using cartomizer tanks to stay at that happy point.

The dry burning hits is why we gave up a long time ago on the wicking type delivery systems. I think some have improved since then but for us cartomizers have consistently performed quite well so we have stuck with them. Its tough to give something up when it is easy and gets the job done.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Hey Balwin, those Tiny Tanks look great. I have been keeping a HalfLing Tiny on a 350mah ego in my pocket all the time lately as a backup. They really are incredibly small even in the longer versions. We set up a bunch of them for samplers at our store and they are fantastic for that use.

Glad you made it to Vegas, we had so much fun there, worked our tails off of course but still fun none the less.

Xaria

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Back in the Holler-VA
I am enjoying my tanks from the Las Vegas show. Here is a pic to show how tiny my tiny tank is and a second for the heck of it! They are both great and I hope to order a couple more very soon. Thank you so much for helping me break in to real tanks!
View attachment 261796 View attachment 261797

As much as I love my rook, now I got to get the pawn. Looks wonderful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread