Status
Not open for further replies.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I just tried a few MTL inhales, like I used to smoke, to see if I could explain better how the method some of us use differs. I pulled the vapor into my mouth, and as soon as I removed the drip tip from my lips...they closed for a split second and then I did a really quick but deeper inhale...that pulled the vapor already in my mouth, down into my lungs.

To exhale through my nose instead, when I've pulled the vapor into my mouth...it happens a second or 2 after the point I underlined above. Instead of taking a quick inhale then, I exhale the vapor through my nose instead.

To exhale through my mouth, it happens at that same point, but instead of exhaling out through my nose after a second or 2, I just open my mouth and blow.

One thing I do notice...is that to keep the vapor from going down my windpipe when pulling it into my mouth...my tongue kind of does sort of go back to block it off. It's sort of similar to what it does when you're gargling and you don't want mouthwash to go down your throat. The tongue also then kind of helps to push the vapor out on exhale.

This is difficult to slow down and analyze every action and then put them into words adequately. It's second nature for me to do it hundreds of times each day, but trying to explain exactly how...is kind of tricky. ;)

I just tried your method for the hell of it and got way more of a head rush than I do from inhaling into my lungs (I'm and MTLer). Makes sense: there would be a more immediate absorption of the nicotine via the nasal passages. A direct route to the bloodstream rather than the lag as it wends its way through the respiratory system.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Makes sense: there would be a more immediate absorption of the nicotine via the nasal passages. A direct route to the bloodstream rather than the lag as it wends its way through the respiratory system.

I was told when I first started vaping in Nov 2013, that nic in vapor is more readily absorbed in the cheek linings, nasal passages, and mucuous membranes. Nic in tobacco smoke is the opposite though....because it's more readily absorbed in the lungs. So...I went with that, and I don't inhale.

Plus, as Mattiem said, I didn't really want to expose my lungs to any more "stuff" either, than I already had for 42+ years. So the no inhale method has been a win-win situation! :thumbs:

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
Yes I do inhale,mouth to lung.I do get the heavy lung feeling with more than 50% VG.Presently vaping at 60% PG/40% VG and it's all good.
I've just been trying the Hold it in the mouth and out the nose mentioned here....interesting...I'm gonna experiment with it for a bit.

Caesar77

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2017
I am still relatively new to vaping (less than a year), and I’m a on-and-off vaper, meaning that sometimes I exclusively vape for weeks at a time, but there are other times when I’m smoking herbal cigarettes with a little bit of tobacco in them. During those times I tend to vape less or not at all. Now I’ve noticed that whenever I’m full-time vaping, I start having troubles climbing the stairs at home, for example I’m completely out of breath when I get to my door (I live in an apartment on the third floor and never use the elevator). During the smoking times I can literally run up these same stairs, no problem at all. Also I start getting chest pain in the area where my lungs are.
These personal observations, and the fact that we still don’t know a lot about medium and long term effects of vaping, have brought me to the conclusion that it is much wiser to not inhale the vapor anymore. It took a few days of adaptation, but I’m starting to feel better, and there’s really no downside to it: it’s in the mouth where you taste the flavor, not in the lungs.
How about you? Do you all inhale? Do you feel the effects I described and what do you think about it?

Once I started vaping and quit smoking I felt immense improvements regarding my health. I stopped being dizzy and unfocused all day, I stopped getting out of breath every time I had to run, I felt lighter overall, food tastes much better, etc. You must be doing something terribly wrong or have a condition or something or maybe a bad reaction to vaping because for most of us that have substituted smoking with vaping the change has been overall extremely beneficial regarding health and well-being. And even if we don't know about vaping as much as we know about tobacco it should be clear wich option is far more harmful than the other. So far it's proven that vaping, while not being conpletely harmless and inocuous, it is atleast 90% better than smoking so you do the math.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I inhale but slightly.

I never liked Bill Clinton much either. The only way I could see that statement being true is if he was coughing his brains out or whatever. But, it's such a DUMB lie, like "Yeah I did this bad thing but not all the way, sortie." Of course he was king of the dumb lies.

But I digress. I mostly inhale. It's still hard to tell how deeply I think cigs are harder to not inhale somehow or maybe vape feeling is different.

I still think folks should do what they want (except Bill C) but in my opinion if I die from slightly inhaling my MTL vapes, well, we all got to die of something. I'd rather vape how it is comfortable to me BUT TO EACH TO THEIR OWN. (Except you, Bill C. You should man up and be honest wherever you are).

Anna

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
When I used to smoke (2-3 ppd) I would get so out of breath, when exerting myself strenuously physically, I would puke. Ever since quitting cigs almost 5 years ago I've noticed my lung capacity rebound in leaps and bounds. I pretty much chainvape every single day, and I inhale. Primarily i vape 18mg/ml 70/30 pg/vg liquid on 1.1ohm RTA. Also, I used to not be able to put my head towards and pointed the ground, I would get dizzy and probably blackout if i continued. That has gone away. Living and eating healthy or healthier life choices has given me much much more lung capacity, strength, stamina, endurance, health, and happiness. I could consider running a marathon, which if i was still a 2-3 ppd smoker, that would be totally absurd and insane to even entertain such a notion.

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
Well, that was interesting. It seems then that some people (like me) get this “coated lung” feeling (which makes it hard to breathe) with high VG juices. Fortunately it’s just temporary and goes away quickly, but since I’ve stopped inhaling, I didn’t have any of that.
About the not inhaling: I’m still getting better at it, but it’s harder to fill my mouth with tasty vapor AND enjoy it for a few seconds, but I’m slowly getting there. One thing that helps is reducing the temperature to very low levels (I’m at 140C/415F), in order to be able to slowly draw and fill my mouth without burning my lips...

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
PEG 400 is great for me. It's not quite as viscous as VG (I use it as a PG substitute) but I would imagine you could vape it in place of VG too, if you wanted. You could also combine it with PG and get away with that as far as not having a super anemic vape. You' d have to research it thoroughly.

I just say that because it is widely not used, I did my own due diligence and found nothing alarming but you should do that too.

Nic river sells it for cheap, I got a small tester sized bottle first from Amazon.

It's a flavor carrier like PG, so it also improved the flavor in my mixes than when they were VG and water, the flavor is crisper somehow.

I would definitely say it wouldn't hurt to TRY it, I for sure am glad I did. :)

Good luck, hope it helps if you try it. :)

Anna
I see...I could try to use it mixed with pure VG, but I doubt that this ships to Switzerland, usually “consumables” don’t. But the not inhaling method so far is good for me, even though it takes some getting used to it.
And me too, I can’t help but think of Bill whenever I hear or pronounce the words “didn’t inhale”; it was so lame and cringeworthy, yet so typical for him and why he was so successful.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread