Do you shop online or offline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loislolalane

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
I do most of my shopping offline, but that's only because I'm impatient and hate paying shipping and handling. However, I did just notice that the prices on my local B&M's website are cheaper than they are in the store and the shipping is $2 for it to get here in like two days, so I did start ordering from them. For things like juices, I am more apt to actually go to the stores, though. I don't like juice surprises, at all.

Living, loving, and laughing all the time!

retrox

Flavor Chaser
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
NC, USA
I do all of the above! Although I mix most of my juice at home these days, I make it a point to drop in to a couple of my local shops weekly (the third has awful parking accomodations unfortunately) and buy a tank or a bottle of juice or something else that interests me, even if it's just a drip tip. I know I can get the same stuff online cheaper, but I enjoy supporting local vape business. The folks that run my local shops are good people too, and sometimes it's fun to just hang out in the lounge area or at the tasting bar with other vapers and talk about juice, or gear, or how bad the pizza next door is, or whatever.

I'm the exact opposite of the poster who said he was bored by all the gear talk. :laugh:

I love seeing what kinds of setups other people are using, or showing off my own latest online purchase. I like that there's such a diverse group of people there vaping everything from ego's to box mods to Provari's to pimped-out mechanicals, and there's almost always something new to see or someone new to talk to. Keeping tabs on my B&M's is a fun way to remind myself of where vaping was, where it is, and where it's going. Most importantly, it's the perfect way to remind myself that we were all smokers once, from all walks of life, and that vaping has created a sort of camaraderie among us that is difficult to miss if we look past all the unimportant details.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
I probably buy more juice online, but from 2 vendors repeatedly now that I have some favorite juices. I buy some juices at my favorite B&M too but there are just a few flavors I really like there.

There are new B&Ms popping up all over around here, but I always go to my favorite. They are soooooo nice to me, and know me by name. I take friends there because I know they'll be treated well. And the prices are fair.

And they KNOW not to mess with Sally!!!!!

So far I've bought everything online, including lots of stuff from FT, because there just aren't any B&M's nearby.

MadVapes just opened up a store that's only about 45 mins away from me, so I see that as a good sign. Can't wait to visit my first B&M!! Not like I live in the boonies, though, which mystifies me. Before this one, there were only 5 b&m's listed in MA, and one of those was actually in Maryland (Or perhaps Montana, or Montenegro)

Slobalt7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Murika
I am probably 50/50, both batteries were from a buddy's shop, my atomizers were all bought online, my juice was all bought either local or from BRJ who is about 6 hours away from me. Recently I found out about the madvapes that opened 10 minutes from my house and you can't beat $14 for a 50 ML bottle at your neighborhood Madvapes:2cool:...

LinnaSaid

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2013
I started out doing my shopping at the local B&M that I fell in love with. The other stores around the area didn't carry as much as my pick does. I like the idea of not paying shipping, getting my items right away, and sampling juices. Only was it recently that I discovered mt. baker vapor for my juices and I'll be buying them in the future from there for sure.

I was weary of buying juices from companies online because I was scared of buying low quality juices and knock off items like batteries. I heard the made in china juices were something to watch out for since they can be contaminated with water (causing respiratory infections) and other chemicals. And I would hate to invest in a battery or tank that is low quality as well for fear of safety issues (battery blowing up, tank falling apart)

My B&M sells pink spot and high caliber juices which are made in the USA and are pretty reputable from what I've researched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
All on line, currently. The closest B&M to me is a 90 mile round trip. I DID make a side-trip to it once when I was in the area a few weeks ago, but they were closed, unfortunately.

I would like it if there was one just a tad closer, because I'm the kind of guy that likes to be able to see something in person before spending my money on (unless it's something I'm familiar with).

One mall kiosk on the North Shore selling a mini e-cig "pack style" that I could get from China for $5.00 - for $69.00.

A dear friend of mine brought me a brochure from one of those places that she picked up when she was out of town. I didn't have the heart to tell her it was overpriced and overhyped, she was so happy about finding something I'd be interested in.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
A dear friend of mine brought me a brochure from one of those places that she picked up when she was out of town. I didn't have the heart to tell her it was overpriced and overhyped, she was so happy about finding something I'd be interested in.

Awww. That's so sad :( - but true. You handled it well.

minoh

Oct 19, 2013
Los Angeles
Wow, lots of input here. I appreciate all of the comments. True, it seems like in some states, Vape did not become popular yet. From where I live, Los Angeles, there are Vape stores opening up every month.. There are quite a few selection there as well. Prices tend to be O.K, although it definitely cannot beat the online prices.

It seems like the biggest con of a local store is the price. How much are the liquids selling for at your local stores? ( I am sure it differs from stores to stores and perhaps the brands).

Thanks! As always, Vape on...

RaceGun59

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Owensboro, KY
We do both. The B&M shops around here are getting better with their prices. We are certainly not shy about mentioning the going price online for items they are selling. I know they can't match that price , but we have noticed that they are adjusting their prices once they learn their shoppers are more informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread