The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

DOES the XHaler operate at 5V?

Discussion in 'Association of XHaler Enthusiasts (A.X.E.)' started by DonDaBoomVape, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DonDaBoomVape

DonDaBoomVape Reviewer / Blogger ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    South Florida
    I am not (yet, at least) an XHaler user. Unlike some, I have no axe to grind (pun recognized but not originally intended). I would just like to know from people who use it (rather than sell it or mock it), does the XHaler operate at 5V?

Thanks!

2. YePsTeR

YePsTeR Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 4, 2010
    Northern Michigan
    Yep Yep!!!! It does..I have not tested it..but with bottom cap secured....it sould be 5V.

that is..using 2 CR123s 750mAh that are 3V.

3. debook

debook Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2010
    CO
    Yes, that is my preferred setup on the xHaler with a 510. I also use an 801 at 6V by unscrewing the endcap a bit. With the RCR123A batteries that Drew includes in the kit and the endcap tight it produces a nice warm 5V vape with a 510 atty.

I am really an xHaler fan, I've got a 5V nicostick I made but there is just something about the xHaler that makes it a better experience. The switch placement is actually pretty cool, I get so used to it when I use the nicostick or Tornado I miss the xhaler setup. And the nhaler HV e-juices are extremely good in the xhaler, great flavor and vapor for days, be sure to get some samplers when you order.

4. quasimod

quasimod Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2009
    Joplin, MO - USA
    I don't get it. How can you say that without testing it? 5V is not an opinion, or a feeling... it's a voltage. :confused:

5. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Yes 5.12-5.14 volts under load on my meter with a cartomizer mounted.

6. quasimod

quasimod Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2009
    Joplin, MO - USA
    That sounds like 5V to me!

7. DonDaBoomVape

DonDaBoomVape Reviewer / Blogger ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    South Florida
    Thank you all for your rapid and helpful response ... and debook for such a substantive one. In addition, your comments about the button placement are very helpful to me; I've had some real concerns about it (not in my role as encyclopediaist or "expert," but as a vaper who is used to using his thumb).

Me too!

8. YePsTeR

YePsTeR Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 4, 2010
    Northern Michigan
    I do not own a meter so I take faith in the fact that what the desiner says about their product is true either here on the forms or the web sight where you can buy one and test it yourself. :) AND I am VERY happy end user with the Xhaler.

9. Dredbull

Dredbull Ultra Member ECF Veteran

A tad bit over 5v a nice warm full vape no matter what you put on it.

I prefer the 801 at 5v and the 901 at 5v but the 510 5 or 6v.

10. maddog628

maddog628 Full Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Roseville, Michigan
    I want to purchase the Xhaler to run at 5V and was wondering what i'll need to complete a kit for myself.

I would like to run the 510 addy. Do I need to buy the high voltage addies? What one of these two will run 5V better?

high voltage 510 atomizers 5.2 ohms

high voltage 510 atomizers w/ 4.5 resistance

Also what batteries will I need to run at 5V.

Sorry I know you probably get these questions all the time and i'll do some research on the forums.

11. debook

debook Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2010
    CO
    Maddog...the xhaler, at least 2 RCR123 batteries and charger, and a 510 tip and atty will get you going at 5V.

I personally haven't used the high voltage atomizers - I just use a regular 510 as the high voltage atty's will drop the voltage approximately 1V due to the higher resistance. With a standard 510 atomizer and the xHaler end cap in tight it produces a little over 5V. I just keep the atty very wet when in use and change them out and clean once a week.

Keep in mind that letting an atty run dry at 5-6V will kill it, best to error on the side of too much than not enough, especially when first getting the hang of it. I would recommend to have 3-4 spare atty's on hand intially.

12. crashtestjeep

crashtestjeep Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 14, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Mine also vapes vapes at and arnd 5v...very nice device indeed! After all the commotion was over, I traded for one and Im glad I did! Very nice vape and got me likin 801s!!!! It vapes "smooth" if you know what I mean ;)

13. Up In Vapor

Up In Vapor Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Both High Voltage attys are designed to use added resistance to bring the atty wattage to around 10 watts total. The 5.2 ohm atty is made for use with 2 x 3.7v 123 batts and the 4.5 is for 2 x 3.0v 123 batts. I was not overwhelmed by the performance of the HV attys I tried. Like debook, I also prefer to just use standard 510 attys. I am looking forward to the development of the Magnum style low resistance attys for vaping @ 9-10 watts with a single 3.7v battery :)

14. trailblazer6

trailblazer6 A.K.A. Igor the Vapaholic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2010
    Lakewood , NJ
    I like the standard 510 atty at 5 volts. Brings out the flavor of your juice nicely when you use the blue foam cart plug mod as Drew recommend :D Yep, cleaning the switch did the trick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.