DOES the XHaler operate at 5V?

Status
Not open for further replies.

debook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
CO
Yes, that is my preferred setup on the xHaler with a 510. I also use an 801 at 6V by unscrewing the endcap a bit. With the RCR123A batteries that Drew includes in the kit and the endcap tight it produces a nice warm 5V vape with a 510 atty.

I am really an xHaler fan, I've got a 5V nicostick I made but there is just something about the xHaler that makes it a better experience. The switch placement is actually pretty cool, I get so used to it when I use the nicostick or Tornado I miss the xhaler setup. And the nhaler HV e-juices are extremely good in the xhaler, great flavor and vapor for days, be sure to get some samplers when you order.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
...I would just like to know from people who use it (rather than sell it or mock it), does the XHaler operate at 5V?...

...It does..I have not tested it...

I don't get it. How can you say that without testing it? 5V is not an opinion, or a feeling... it's a voltage. :confused:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Yes, that is my preferred setup on the xHaler with a 510. I also use an 801 at 6V by unscrewing the endcap a bit. With the RCR123A batteries that Drew includes in the kit and the endcap tight it produces a nice warm 5V vape with a 510 atty.

I am really an xHaler fan, I've got a 5V nicostick I made but there is just something about the xHaler that makes it a better experience. The switch placement is actually pretty cool, I get so used to it when I use the nicostick or Tornado I miss the xhaler setup. And the nhaler HV e-juices are extremely good in the xhaler, great flavor and vapor for days, be sure to get some samplers when you order.
Thank you all for your rapid and helpful response ... and debook for such a substantive one. In addition, your comments about the button placement are very helpful to me; I've had some real concerns about it (not in my role as encyclopediaist or "expert," but as a vaper who is used to using his thumb).

That sounds like 5V to me!
Me too!

YePsTeR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
Northern Michigan
I don't get it. How can you say that without testing it? 5V is not an opinion, or a feeling... it's a voltage. :confused:
I do not own a meter so I take faith in the fact that what the desiner says about their product is true either here on the forms or the web sight where you can buy one and test it yourself. :) AND I am VERY happy end user with the Xhaler.

I want to purchase the Xhaler to run at 5V and was wondering what i'll need to complete a kit for myself.

I would like to run the 510 addy. Do I need to buy the high voltage addies? What one of these two will run 5V better?

high voltage 510 atomizers 5.2 ohms

high voltage 510 atomizers w/ 4.5 resistance

Also what batteries will I need to run at 5V.

Sorry I know you probably get these questions all the time and i'll do some research on the forums.

debook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
CO
Maddog...the xhaler, at least 2 RCR123 batteries and charger, and a 510 tip and atty will get you going at 5V.

I personally haven't used the high voltage atomizers - I just use a regular 510 as the high voltage atty's will drop the voltage approximately 1V due to the higher resistance. With a standard 510 atomizer and the xHaler end cap in tight it produces a little over 5V. I just keep the atty very wet when in use and change them out and clean once a week.

Keep in mind that letting an atty run dry at 5-6V will kill it, best to error on the side of too much than not enough, especially when first getting the hang of it. I would recommend to have 3-4 spare atty's on hand intially.

Up In Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Knoxville, TN
Both High Voltage attys are designed to use added resistance to bring the atty wattage to around 10 watts total. The 5.2 ohm atty is made for use with 2 x 3.7v 123 batts and the 4.5 is for 2 x 3.0v 123 batts. I was not overwhelmed by the performance of the HV attys I tried. Like debook, I also prefer to just use standard 510 attys. I am looking forward to the development of the Magnum style low resistance attys for vaping @ 9-10 watts with a single 3.7v battery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread