Does Vaping Actually Help With Coronavirus Symptoms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    "It was also surveyed that with lesser concentrations of PG, rapid and reduced #'s of airborne bacteria occurred, but complete sterilization of the air required a certain interval of exposure time."

I have to admit, since hearing about this potential benefit of PG a few weeks ago, when I go out in public I make it a point to vape as soon as I get back to my car and exhale through my nose a few times (which I hate to do because it makes my nostrils all wet). Probably does me no good, but I'm vaping anyhow.

50/50 vaper.

CharlesTurner

Unresolved Status
    Mar 20, 2020
    • Deleted by Misty
    • Reason: unregistered supplier

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    Like so many pseudo-scientists on YouTube and other platforms, he doesn't seem to draw a sharp line between virus and bacteria. If the line were so indistinct, viral infections like the common cold, the flu and CORVID-19 could be fought with antibiotics. They can't.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    I play a doctor on TV, so with my credentials present, I can definitely say that there are no long-term studies to prove whether e-cig vapor can diagnose, treat or cure any diseases. I'd wager my career to say that studies do show e-cig with nicotine are likely to have beneficial side effects, such as improved mood, increased stamina and metabolism, enhanced mental focus and possibly contribute to stemming the effects of Alzheimer's. With these facts, I wouldn't doubt that vapers could have a slim advantage against the boomer-doomer virus. Who knows.

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I have vaped through colds and flus for years. From that experience I feel that vaping does nothing bad to my lungs in those situations. Knowing that PG has antimicrobial properties makes me think there could be an advantage. I do get over my colds and flus quite quickly.

Having said that, once the illness becomes severe or there is pneumonia involved I would probably not vape, or at least be cautious about it. I have never had pneumonia so I have no experience with that.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    I don't think there's any reason to believe that it would be particularly beneficial. There are benefits to nicotine for certain people including people with colitis there can be a marked Improvement on nicotine. That being said I feel like as others have said they're not drawing a distinct line between virus and bacteria. We are much better equipped to handle bacteria than we are viruses that's why we don't have cures for viruses we have vaccine. We have antibiotics for bacterial we do not have antibiotics for viral we have antivirals yet but typically they just shorten the symptoms and don't actually kill the virus. I'm definitely not a virologist so don't take my word on all of that I just don't think there's any health benefit in relationship to the Coronavirus or at least there's no reason as of yet to believe that. That being said I don't think it's particularly detrimental either so long as you're not sharing your Vape with people

• Love
    Reactions: Don29palms

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Being retired, I have he luxury of being able to stay home and inside while the Corona virus is active. There was a time when I was in 4 or 5 offices a day servicing Reprographic equipment over more than 3 decades. I caught just about everything available and probably passed some of it it on to others.

I was young then and was able to knock it out in short order. Those days are gone. I'm staying inside until they tell me it's ok to go outside again. :)

I'll be in line for the shot when the vaccination becomes available.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2013
    Somewhere out there

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Interesting. I'd read a long time ago that hospitals in the 40's 50's introduced PG into the HVAC systems. But he says they still do it. Wonder if that's even true.

Post asks if vaping helps with symptoms, but video poses the question of whether it reduces chance of infection. Of course, we don't know either now. As everyone is pointing out, bacteria an virus are two different things. But hey, if it creates a harsh environment for one, it's possible it could affect the other, I guess.

It'd be funny if CDC found that a combination of PG & VG dramatically reduced Covid 19 reproduction, and had to recommend vaping though, wouldn't it. Wonder if they'd make a distinction between ecig & thc then?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    It'd be funny if CDC found that a combination of PG & VG dramatically reduced Covid 19 reproduction, and had to recommend vaping though, wouldn't it. Wonder if they'd make a distinction between ecig & thc then?

They'd never recommend vaping because, if for no other reason, they don't have to because they recommend/use approved medical devices they already have/use...nebulizers.

breathing-treatment.jpg

3-s2.0-B9780815520252100095-gr8.jpg

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    It isn't going to cure it or help with symptoms.

It's not bad in the air, as it tends to slow droplet spread, per that ancient hospital study. But unless you're fogging your house with PG, I wouldn't expect any benefit, and I'd anticipate it makes your odds worse due to all the hand-to-mouth (with drip tips too) going on. Cigs are even worse for that, touching your lips constantly with your fingers or filters with fingers.

PG in the air may have some antimicrobial properties, including for virus. Per studies quoted many times here. In the air. Doesn't mean in you. Means in the air. ;)

:2c:

Last edited:
    Reactions: Hawise
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread