Does Vaping Actually Help With Coronavirus Symptoms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
The CDC says not to wear masks when out and about.

Surgeons/Nurses wear masks in the O.R. to keep their "germs" away from the operating field...

So...if you have COVID-19 then wearing a mask may help cut down you're passing it to someone else...but if you don't have COVID-19 then I'd have to agree with the CDC that wearing a mask when "out and about" would be more of a sign of HYSTERIA...:shock:

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes and I had pneumonia for 18 months and was almost diagnosed with COPD until I started vaping. I have been sick but not with bronchial ailments that much.

This has nothing to do whatsoever with the anti microbial properties of PG although hospitals and healthcare facilities that pump it in, good for them.

Me stealth vaping in the bathroom will not SAVE me from the virus.

Really, the "improvements" you are seeing are called BEING LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN without an immediately compromised breathing system from inhaling toxic chemicals, hot smoke and BURNING chunks of tar.

Be all using your common sense, or try to get an FDA trial set up which shows vaping slows viral transmission. I will believe it THEN and ONLY then.

The simplest explanation is REALLY usually the one, most of the time. Come on now.
Anna

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Each time when they see my cloud, everyone around me thinks I am the devil so yes, it really does help the social distancing regulatory decision against the Corona virus more efficiently than anything... it's a visible fact.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, if there's another vaper I just yell I'm using a 0.07 on a Samsung 30Q and that usually takes care of it.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I used to have one or two bad colds each Winter when I smoked. Since vaping I have fewer colds. I did have one this year (no fever). My wife made me go to the local Med Stop. An Xray showed a small lung infection high in my left lung and they prescribed an antibiotic that cleared it up in a few days. That type of thing has been few and far between since I quit smoking cigarettes 10 years ago.

Since I quit playing in top 40 bands I have fewer colds and infections. We all used to come down with one or two bad colds in the Winter. Standing on a stage in front of a dance floor filled with people huffing and puffing is a good way to catch whatever they are carrying.

Last edited:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
This might be a good place for me to note that any news story with the word "could" in it gets tossed out by me, including similar words.
This makes it so there is almost no news. Win.

Anna

Agreed. I also reject studies that "suggest".

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
^^
The hazard to health arising from long-term vapour inhalation from the e-cigarettes available today is unlikely to exceed 5% of the harm from smoking tobacco. Unlikely, suggest, could,........ anyone with even just a very basic science background including every teen who paid attention during physics class in high school already knows that science isn't about white and black, but rather, it is about the unknown or that which isn't fully understood, and to get a handle on whether our conceptions are still correct.

Reactions: Fog n Vape

PasoFino

Feb 6, 2020
Arizona, USA
I have to admit, since hearing about this potential benefit of PG a few weeks ago, when I go out in public I make it a point to vape as soon as I get back to my car and exhale through my nose a few times (which I hate to do because it makes my nostrils all wet). Probably does me no good, but I'm vaping anyhow.

50/50 vaper.
Haha, I’ve been doing the same! Prob doesn’t help but I figure it can’t hurt.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Haven’t had a cold or flu for years.
I don’t mix with outside folk

should have been the advice from the start.
Prevention is better than cure ;)

I just had a sinus thing going on a week or two ago (no fever). The local MedStop prescribed a round of antibiotics and sent me home. A couple of days into the antibiotic my symptoms cleared up and the yuck feeling went away.

Reactions: stols001

ThrashNeon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
It seems to me that this would be a simple study to reproduce - whether to confirm or debunk:

PG.png

Yes, I understand that this study was done in 1941 .. but results:
32 infected control mice dead, 32 PG vapor treated mice alive.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
FYI ... FDA approved PG to be pumped into hospital air systems in 1951 because of its proven anti-microbacterial properties
I had several links with all the info about it ,until aug 2016,,when deeming regs went into effect so i can't post those to back up what i am saying ,because all 4 of my links disappeared

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Okay. I believe you. Congrats. Lots of things are great and etc.

I mean, what else do you want? You have no links you have no screenshots (those are useful, BTW for the paranoid) but like... Okay I am choosing to believe you "because you said so."

This is the ONLY reason why.

Lots of things are anti microbial and anti fungal and antii viral. Like tea tree oil. I don't suggest we run around inhaling it for may reasons including rough scent. et.c

It's not outside the real of possibility you are correct. IN the type of environment (like hospital) WHERE you might be more likely to contract the virus.
Anna

• Creative
Reactions: denali_41
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread