The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Donate to Dr Farsalinos' new study

Discussion in 'Z Old Stickies' started by rolygate, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kent C

Kent C ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    I think you're right. The 'about us' pretty much sounds like a lobbying group:

We are dedicated to educating the public and government officials about the growing evidence that vapor products and e-cigarettes – battery-powered devices that heat a liquid nicotine solution and create an inhalable vapor – are harm reduction products that effectively help smokers quit.

And their employment of BGR Group:

BGR Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BGR Group is a lobbying firm based in Washington DC

2. sonicdsl

sonicdsl Admin
    Reviewers Mgr
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Thanks Kent! :)

3. Kent C

Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    Well... it was your original link :) But the extended version and you're welcome!

4. dragonpuff

dragonpuff Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yes, thank you Kent and Sonic! Knowing we have money on our political and legislative side gives me hope :D

5. Kent C

Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    With the right court case after the fact, I'll be contributing. And I think it's a better path actually.

6. Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    Dr.F, under what conditions is acetoin fine? Is it impossible to include this and it not be contaminated?

7. Kurt

Kurt Quantum Vapyre ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2009
    Philadelphia
    No, not impossible. The acetoin bought by the compounder simply needs to be tested, or else a COA could be included with the purchase. Some acetoin manufacturers are evidently producing clean acetoin. Might be a price difference, however.

8. Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    Thanks, Kurt. I posted in another thread that acetoin should be fine as long as it wasn't contaminated (and referenced Dr.F saying that), and a couple members posted that because oxidation occurs so easily, acetoin, as they put it, will "always" have "some" diacetyl in it. I am not concerned with trace levels, so I wonder if this a matter of percentages, even if minuscule?

9. rolygate

rolygate Forum Manager Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 24, 2009
    ECF Towers
    This thread is now closed.

The subject is obsolete ('donate'), and this thread title is now confusing and misleading.

Also - we are expecting to assist Dr Farsalinos with his next funding drive before long.

By all means please open a new thread perhaps in General Vaping Discussion to finish any discussion of this last study and any points that arise from it.

10. rolygate

rolygate Forum Manager Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 24, 2009
    ECF Towers
    [ignore]
    Post order test
    [/ignore]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.