• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Dorian: here we go again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Well she (my bad)…itz, stalled for a day already and picked up all that momentum. Don't know what to make of this bird capable of atypically ignoring the brunt of shearing and stearing currents, atmospheric dust capable of inducing dissipation, etc., etc. But not much of a surprise to see folks refer to such a rare beast as a strengthening "hurricane" given all this and no eye-wall. Mebe jus me marveling at the consistent accuracy of this forecast. But I must admit my bias to conclude that "weather" peeps just love to scare the bejeezus out of us S Floridians. Had millions of us abandoning perfectly good shelter to traipse all over the state into harm's way not too long ago as I recall.

Good luck. :)

image.png

NRL Tropical Cyclone Page

p.s. At 12:55 you can see the vaper that blew that "ring" cloud. :D

Last edited:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Looks like her motion is slowing down and the predicted landfall is moving slightly to the south, around Vero Beach or Fort Pierce. But the whole east coast of FL is still within the cone of uncertainty.

y4Jledw0lBES_NUYHEayV2t347YqyFqhqxx59--ny0URUD-RkB2nF4JIFWfXQUyHkr0q2g=s50
HMMM . . .Interesting . . .

Stay in Fort Lauderdale . . .
Y9gKy8r1W8SVpthM9vHxOddBzEngPEFH_o_K1J7RugQt48WwIm7_9Iu2zUCz3mTqWui9Cw=s108
. . . Go to West Palm Beach . . .

Go to West Palm Beach . . . Stay in Fort Lauderdale . . .

5YiW.gif

tenor.gif

Have to wait until the Weekend gets closer - for the final results . . . :facepalm:

.​

Last edited:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
:pop:
y4Jledw0lBES_NUYHEayV2t347YqyFqhqxx59--ny0URUD-RkB2nF4JIFWfXQUyHkr0q2g=s50
HMMM . . .Interesting . . .

Stay in Fort Lauderdale . . .
Y9gKy8r1W8SVpthM9vHxOddBzEngPEFH_o_K1J7RugQt48WwIm7_9Iu2zUCz3mTqWui9Cw=s108
. . . Go to West Palm Beach . . .

Go to West Palm Beach . . . Stay in Fort Lauderdale . . .

5YiW.gif

tenor.gif

Have to wait until the Weekend gets closer - for the final results . . . :facepalm:

.​

Stand your ground Uncle. Before long they'll have it and us takin the scenic tour.

p.s. The safest place is the place that you know. Ain't got one, don't go there.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
@puffon from which weather app is the image you pisted above? I like it better thsn NHC because it gives the cats.

BTW my Gary who works at Lowes just told me that all their stires in FL are getting ready for it. Stores in areas not badly affected always send crews to badly affected areas to help. They were told this morning that they have it from a reliable source that Dorian is expected to possibly a cat 4 when it hits the cost. I don't know where they get their info but Accuweather says that too.

@puffon never mind. I found it. Wonderground.

Last edited:
Reactions: puffon

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011

Stand your ground Uncle. Before long they'll have it and us takin the scenic tour.

p.s. The safest place is the place that you know. Ain't got one, don't go there.

Oh I have all intentions to do so, especially given past experiences . . . Shelters are a NO NO - Been there Done that . . . "WIllma" - we stayed in my mothers apartment - enough said (shelter was looking as somewhere better to be) . . . "Sandy" I was in NYC already as she headed up North (got stuck there for a few extra days) . . . And the last 2 major hurricanes - I stayed with my best friends in WPB . . . The funniest time was the one that was supposed to hit Ft Lauderdale, but decided to come ashore in West Palm Beach instead while I was there to avaoid staying at my apartment . . . Was there for 10 Days - half the time with no electricity (4 days), while the other side of the home owners complex - had no problems, actually had electricity even during storm . . . AND - To Tell Ya' the truth my best friends and I couldn't wait til I could leave (BTW: FYI - No NEED to go anywhere 2-3 days before the storm, even to your best friends home - NOT GOOD. Well that is unless your flying out to another state ;) ) . . . So absolutely no rush to make any decisions yet . . . Be Prepared and wait until sat/sun to see what "Dorian" decides to do - then I'll decide where to hunker down . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

AND - YES - Good Luck to EVERYONE . . . Here's - Hoping for the best . . . :thumbs:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Oh I have all intentions to do so, especially given past experiences . . . Shelters are a NO NO - Been there Done that . . . "WIllma" - we stayed in my mothers apartment - enough said (shelter was looking as somewhere better to be) . . . "Sandy" I was in NYC already as she headed up North (got stuck there for a few extra days) . . . And the last 2 major hurricanes - I stayed with my best friends in WPB . . . The funniest time was the one that was supposed to hit Ft Lauderdale, but decided to come ashore in West Palm Beach instead while I was there to avaoid staying at my apartment . . . Was there for 10 Days - half the time with no electricity (4 days), while the other side of the home owners complex - had no problems, actually had electricity even during storm . . . AND - To Tell Ya' the truth my best friends and I couldn't wait til I could leave (BTW: FYI - No NEED to go anywhere 2-3 days before the storm, even to your best friends home - NOT GOOD. Well that is unless your flying out to another state ;) ) . . . So absolutely no rush to make any decisions yet . . . Be Prepared and wait until sat/sun to see what "Dorian" decides to do - then I'll decide where to hunker down . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

AND - YES - Good Luck to EVERYONE . . . Here's - Hoping for the best . . . :thumbs:

Survived Andrew standing in the downstairs guest bathroom of a very well built home with my newborn, wife and mother all the while that the community around us was devastated. Not a leaf on any branch or stump that survived it and 2x4's and bigger missiles decorating outside walls like the house was a pin cushion. Lost 25% of the 80lb+ real tiles but no penetration just a lot of water. Est. 130mph sustained at my location, 5 bands of about 30min duration. Never lost the roof. Most all around us lost most or all roof covering. But for providence and a good architect.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida

Unc you seem to have a knack with being where hurricanes hit.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Unc you seem to have a knack with being where hurricanes hit.

:blink: Are Ya' sure . . . I could come up and visit you for awhile . . . :pervy: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But your correct, haven't been around for all of them - THANKFULLY - but the few I have been around, have really been more then enough . . . Just Sayin . . . ;)

Can't wait for this one to go away . . . :rolleyes:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
stick_figure_drawing_four_check_marks_md_wm_v2.gif

Suitcase packed w/1 weeks clothing & extra sandles
Medicates for a month
Important papers and some "extra" money
Vape Gear - 2 mods, 1 Pod, 6 10-30 ml bottles of e-liquid, and of course chargers/car charger.
3 Power Banks - in varying maH sizes / 1 with AC outlet (all can recharged with car battery)
1 HDTV - 7" portibale & runs on a battery/Car charger
1 Old XOOM Tablet - still works to connect to internet - just limited which websites I can pull up.
Assorted Adapters
Case of Water 48 Bottles
1 case - 12 packs of D4 Batteries (for all the Fans & Lanterns)

Topped off gas yesturday, had all "fluids" & tires checked too . . .

SO - No Matter Where Dorian Finally Decides To Go - I'm Ready . . . Everything packed in car (Of course - except electronics/Important papers) . . . :cool:

K1R9.gif

Now - The Wait - to leave to possibly go to my best friends home (which is hurricane "ready" :thumbs: ) in WPB - if necessary . . . Or - Maybe even go to @Bea-FL . . . ;) :lol: . . . Won't know exactly, until Sun/Mon weather report, when I will hit the road . . . :rolleyes:

THANKFULLY - I have Netflix . . . :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

SO - How is everyone else doing? Are You ready yet ? :?:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread