Dreaming of cigarettes after a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeo

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I can't believe it. I have had two nights now where I have been dreaming of smoking. Not actually smoking but grabbing a pack of smokes and trying to take one. In both dreams my husband stops me and I try to tell him it's ok. Lol I wonder why after a year of quitting I am just now having dreams about smoking? I had my daughter And her friend here for a couple weeks and they smoked outside the whole time they stayed her. I did get some smell of that first fresh lit cig when they lit up. As I would sometimes go outside with them but only for convo. I have had a few urges but nothing major. They are gone now. The urges are gone too. Maybe this is what brought on the dreams of smoking? Hmmm. Anyone else dream of smoking after quitting for so long?

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
I can't believe it. I have had two nights now where I have been dreaming of smoking. Not actually smoking but grabbing a pack of smokes and trying to take one. In both dreams my husband stops me and I try to tell him it's ok. Lol I wonder why after a year of quitting I am just now having dreams about smoking? I had my daughter And her friend here for a couple weeks and they smoked outside the whole time they stayed her. I did get some smell of that first fresh lit cig when they lit up. As I would sometimes go outside with them but only for convo. I have had a few urges but nothing major. They are gone now. The urges are gone too. Maybe this is what brought on the dreams of smoking? Hmmm. Anyone else dream of smoking after quitting for so long?

I think this is the reason. Nobody in my life smokes anymore, so the only time I really think or dream about smoking cigarettes is after watching an episode of Mad Men. :laugh:

greenmonster714

Jan 10, 2015
Alabama
I've had urges and dreams like that and I've been off cigs for over 3yrs. Even though the smoke is now offensive to my senses it still carries that hidden appeal way back in my mind. I smoked for over 35yrs and my only regret is that they didn't have ecigs back in the day. I would have been alot healthier today. Anyways, don't play to much into the dreams n stuff. It going to happen from time to time. Usually when I think I want a cig I think of how awful folks smell when they do.

greenmonster714

Jan 10, 2015
Alabama
I think this is the reason. Nobody in my life smokes anymore, so the only time I really think or dream about smoking cigarettes is after watching an episode of Mad Men. :laugh:

Mad Men...lol. Yes, I remember those days. Everywhere you went there were ashtrays. Even in hospitals. Totally unthinkable today. My wife is much younger than me and she made comments on how much those people in the show smoked. Well, that's just the way it was. I'm glad its not that way today.

greenmonster714

Jan 10, 2015
Alabama
lol I have them too sometimes after watching American Horror Story. I never realized how much they smoke on TV till I quit. I guess the bright side is I am having a lot more dreams where I am vaping or at a vape shop so my subconscious is trying to catch up at least. :)

Hey, you make me want some JiffyPop Popcorn and a cigarette....:laugh:

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Mad Men...lol. Yes, I remember those days. Everywhere you went there were ashtrays. Even in hospitals. Totally unthinkable today. My wife is much younger than me and she made comments on how much those people in the show smoked. Well, that's just the way it was. I'm glad its not that way today.

The last time I was on an airplane I remember there being ash trays built into the arm rests. :D

Hey, you make me want some JiffyPop Popcorn and a cigarette....:laugh:

Jiffy Pop and a vape. :thumb:

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
It happened to me a few weeks ago (been off smokes for almost a year and a half) In the dream somebody dropped a pack of cigs from her purse, I bent down to pick up, I took one out to light it. I realized I didn't have my lighter in my pocket. Then I said, wait I don't have my lighter any more... I don't smoke any more. I woke up and was thinking about it all day.

Deeo

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I kinda wonder if I am dreaming about cigarettes because I have recently gone to 0 nic. However I do have 3mg on one refill every two days and the rest is 0 nic refills. I have 6mg on hand if I need it but so far I don't. I am amazed at how I have gone down in the nic in a year :) it's more the habit of hand to mouth now. I will always vape even though I am getting off the nic.

LMS62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
Mesa, AZ
The last time I was on an airplane I remember there being ash trays built into the arm rests. :D

Jiffy Pop and a vape. :thumb:
Same here...lol. I don't know how it is now, but in South Korea about 20 years ago, you could still smoke in movie theaters....they also had the ash trays built into the arm rests.

It sure is a different world we live in now.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Same here...lol. I don't know how it is now, but in South Korea about 20 years ago, you could still smoke in movie theaters....they also had the ash trays built into the arm rests.

It sure is a different world we live in now.

It's funny with all the "protections" now days it's amazing any of us are alive today growing up without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread