Status
Not open for further replies.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Anyone have a source for a drip well for box mods? Been searching through flanged cup washers and have not found just what I want. Just want to recess a 510 shorty and still be able to put anything on it from DCTs to Visions so it needs to be about 5/8" diameter in the well with a .25 inside through hole, I can drill out the hole if needed if there is something that finishes out nice on the flange. Would also like about .25 deep and of course polished stainless steel.

Would like to put it on this, 26650 with built in charger and VV boost.

charger_1%2026650_3.jpg

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Don, thanks.

Robert, I would like to find something with a large enough ID so that a Vision or EMDCC that have the skirt will still fit down into it. Thinking about 5/8" should be good. I have searched all kinds of grommets, plugs, cup washers ect as yet to no avail. There has to be some kind of nicely finished plug for dressing up holes in wood, centering/holding a spring in place or something like that. I can drill the center hole out no problem, would just like to find the part that would fit the boll and look nice doing it. May end up having to make a tool and die and stamp it myself if I cant find the right part.

Appreciate you trying to help though and still looking for suggestions if anyone has something in mind.

dripwell_1.jpg

dripwell_2.jpg

AzIrish

Moved On
Nov 23, 2011
Tucson
Java, you are probably right. Really I would just like to find a $0.29 part that would do the job.

D Waterhouse, thats the ticket but seven bucks a pop. Think I may just end up changing the design and recessing a tank down into the box.

On a plus note I finished my first mod today.

eagle_finished_1.jpg

eagle_finished_2.jpg

eagle_finished_3.jpg

eagle_finished_4.jpg

That is awsome, the blue indicator looks great. Went to a small hardware store today looking for the sweat adaptor, they didn't have it.

D. Like the website but $7 before shipping hurts to much. Thanks for the link, will be getting the switch an regulator.... maybe the cup too.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
For a first mod this is very impressive. I'm not sure, but I suppose that is the switch on the top of the mod there. Sweat adapters may be what you are looking for, the 1/2" 1/2" male is 5/8" OD, but there are also 3/4" sizes and female as well. Str8 used this one on his latest, and it does look like 5/8" would fit inside:

z10.jpg

I couldn't find locally but got one of the 1/2" 1/2" M added an amazon order to get the super saver shipping on the other stuff.

Lovely work BTW. :)

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Thanks guys, I had some help on this so I can take full credit. I designed and built the box and put all the parts in it. I purchased the VV circuit from another modder who hand built it. The hole on top is a violet LED fire indicator. The switch is a touch switch, if you look at the closeup of the insides the Yellow and green wires going out the top (would be the side when standing at the index finger) connect to two pins which when touched fire the atty.

I have tons of small brass fittings that I could turn down to make a drip well but I was trying to get out of the work if there was a part being mass produced for another purpose.

Ended up changing direction on the new mod and now the well is a moot point. Going with a 25mm Quartz tank Genesis or DCT recessed into the mod.

Manete

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2009
Barcelona
Anyone have a source for a drip well for box mods? Been searching through flanged cup washers and have not found just what I want. Just want to recess a 510 shorty and still be able to put anything on it from DCTs to Visions so it needs to be about 5/8" diameter in the well with a .25 inside through hole, I can drill out the hole if needed if there is something that finishes out nice on the flange. Would also like about .25 deep and of course polished stainless steel.

Would like to put it on this, 26650 with built in charger and VV boost.

charger_1%2026650_3.jpg

Hey OCD, where did you get that Box?? It's amazing! ...
Ok, I've just read YOU designed it & made it!! :blink:

ehmmm... ever planned selling them?? I own a VV Gripper which would be willing to get a new housing...:laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread