Drop RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Just for future reference, if you have an rda that registers ohms too low on a regulated mod and the rda doesn't have coils in it DO NOT PUT IT ON A MECH MOD AND FIRE IT. The RDA obviously has a direct short and firing it on a mech mod that way can possibly cause an explosion. Personally if I saw someone that works at a vape shop do that, after I explained to him why you don't do that, I would never go to that vape shop again. Watching someone blow their hand off just isn't my idea of fun.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
So I ended up going into my local shop anyways and got chatting with the attendant and I had it in my case in the car, we took it apart, and part of my clapton coil had lodged itself way down inside the damn thing. We had tried firing off a mech mod first and it immediately started glowing way off down to the side. I appreciate all the help everyone! Going to just be much more careful building. Thank God for the newer mods with the protections and whatnot. If I'd been running off a mech mod and went about it differently I'm sure it wouldve/couldve caught fire on me.
Find a new vape shop. Yours has an idiot working in it. He test fires an atomizer with a shorting issue on a mech mod? Pure genius. And people wonder why things blow up.:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread