Discussion in 'RTA' started by rifky, Apr 16, 2018.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
Is your wick touching the center air hole at all? Try posting a pic of your build.
Thanks Ricks! I
Thanks Ricks! I had to go out of town and I left the Dvarw at home, so I can't post pictures now. I'll post photos when I am home again. My current theory is that the top of the chamber isn't sealing properly because it is not level -- one side is pushed down further into the chamber than the other. I can pull the top of the chamber completely off, but when I put it back, I can't make it level. I tried to remove the o-ring on the top of the chamber to install a new one, but I can't get the o-ring off.
I posted these pics in the rayon thread to help. A couple people were having issues, so I did these to help. They were doing the bunny ear thing and sliding the jc ring over, then cutting and thinning wicks...
I have used the bunny ears method with no issues at all.
With rayon wicks? I never really tried the bunny method, so not sure how much difference there is, but there were 2 new rayon users that were trying to thin out the tails after the jc ring was on, which would be a bit of a pain. Whether you can thin and trim tails first, then bunny them, probably , but they were having issues, so imo, this might help them.....overall, I dont people have issues bending the wicks upwards, then snapping on ring, I justthink this method is a tad bit easier, but what ever your use to is perhaps the best.
Oh no not with rayon, with cotton. I didn't think rayon would be so much different.
My usual way
Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Rayon is a lot better. Lasts longer and won't burn as easily as cottons.
Leaks mean you don’t have enough wicking.
I am the guy who on FT forum was once writing a thread how my Dvarw leaked like crazy and is very finicky with wicking - this was when I just got it and was not familiar with it. I came from Kayfuns.
It took me a lots of troubleshooting and experimenting with wicking to find what was wrong: The key is that the Dvarw needs more wick than I used with the Kayfuns. (With the Kayfuns, I always stripped off top and bottom layer of cotton after I cut the piece). With the Dvarw, I just cut my strips from my cotton sheets (about 0.7cm wide or so) but I do NOT strip, so I use more cotton. (If it's too thick in the beginning, twist the cotton so it fits through).
And then wick just like they show in the pics above, exactly like benley73 does. Make sure to tuck it down at the two ends, and make sure the holes on the side are COVERED. (I have reason to believe that the Dvarw V1 with the smaller, round holes may be less prone to possible leaking as the holes are smaller). But anyway, if you do it like that, it will not leak.
So yes, TLDR: Use MORE cotton. But also don't make the ends too long, and also not too short. Again, like benley74 or Tony does above, it's perfect.
(I am usually tucking straight down, but you can also fan it out a bit so that there are two "half moons" like Tony has it, essentially covering the two halves with cotton)
Diver, that's the same way I do my Dvarw's. Works great with Tidi rayon or cotton. This way is just easier for me.
Simple 26g 316L 2.5 ID at 0.5Ω.
I bought a few of the wider JC pieces to swap out with the smaller ones. I merely wanted to check them out. Feels like a more saturated vape to me, very nice. I like.
The wider ones work great and it doesn't matter what ratio juice I use. I DIY and make 50/50, 70/30 and 80/20 (VG/PG). The Dvarw handles them all flawlessly. I mostly vape 50/50 and have never had any problems in any of my Dvarw's. Although I didn't have any issues using the smaller hole JC with any ratio of juice either.
Separate names with a comma.