The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Dvarw MTL RTA by Coppervape (clone)

Discussion in 'RTA' started by rifky, Apr 16, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ricks

ricks Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Is your wick touching the center air hole at all? Try posting a pic of your build.

2. JustWondering1

JustWondering1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2015
    Thanks Ricks! I
    Thanks Ricks! I had to go out of town and I left the Dvarw at home, so I can't post pictures now. I'll post photos when I am home again. My current theory is that the top of the chamber isn't sealing properly because it is not level -- one side is pushed down further into the chamber than the other. I can pull the top of the chamber completely off, but when I put it back, I can't make it level. I tried to remove the o-ring on the top of the chamber to install a new one, but I can't get the o-ring off.

• Like Like x 1
  3. vapdivrr

vapdivrr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I posted these pics in the rayon thread to help. A couple people were having issues, so I did these to help. They were doing the bunny ear thing and sliding the jc ring over, then cutting and thinning wicks... 20191008_212823.jpg 20191008_213001.jpg 20191008_213832.jpg 20191008_214248.jpg 20191008_214550.jpg 20191008_214818.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lalli

Lalli Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2018
    I have used the bunny ears method with no issues at all.

• Like Like x 1
  5. vapdivrr

vapdivrr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    With rayon wicks? I never really tried the bunny method, so not sure how much difference there is, but there were 2 new rayon users that were trying to thin out the tails after the jc ring was on, which would be a bit of a pain. Whether you can thin and trim tails first, then bunny them, probably , but they were having issues, so imo, this might help them.....overall, I dont people have issues bending the wicks upwards, then snapping on ring, I justthink this method is a tad bit easier, but what ever your use to is perhaps the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lalli

Lalli Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2018
    Oh no not with rayon, with cotton. I didn't think rayon would be so much different.

7. KennethGuelt
    This message by KennethGuelt has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Oct 10, 2019.
    Oct 10, 2019
  8. benley73

benley73 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 2, 2016
    My usual way[​IMG]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  9. ricks

ricks Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Rayon is a lot better. Lasts longer and won't burn as easily as cottons.

10. Tony01

Tony01 Full Member

May 3, 2018
    Leaks mean you don’t have enough wicking.

BE315C67-6654-4AE2-92B9-73AC4FC8213B.jpeg

11. flexy123

flexy123 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 29, 2009
    I am the guy who on FT forum was once writing a thread how my Dvarw leaked like crazy and is very finicky with wicking - this was when I just got it and was not familiar with it. I came from Kayfuns.

It took me a lots of troubleshooting and experimenting with wicking to find what was wrong: The key is that the Dvarw needs more wick than I used with the Kayfuns. (With the Kayfuns, I always stripped off top and bottom layer of cotton after I cut the piece). With the Dvarw, I just cut my strips from my cotton sheets (about 0.7cm wide or so) but I do NOT strip, so I use more cotton. (If it's too thick in the beginning, twist the cotton so it fits through).

And then wick just like they show in the pics above, exactly like benley73 does. Make sure to tuck it down at the two ends, and make sure the holes on the side are COVERED. (I have reason to believe that the Dvarw V1 with the smaller, round holes may be less prone to possible leaking as the holes are smaller). But anyway, if you do it like that, it will not leak.

So yes, TLDR: Use MORE cotton. But also don't make the ends too long, and also not too short. Again, like benley74 or Tony does above, it's perfect.
    (I am usually tucking straight down, but you can also fan it out a bit so that there are two "half moons" like Tony has it, essentially covering the two halves with cotton)

12. ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 28, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI
    Diver, that's the same way I do my Dvarw's. Works great with Tidi rayon or cotton. This way is just easier for me.
    IMG_1294cr.jpg
    Simple 26g 316L 2.5 ID at 0.5Ω.

I bought a few of the wider JC pieces to swap out with the smaller ones. I merely wanted to check them out. Feels like a more saturated vape to me, very nice. I like.
    IMG_1295cr.jpg
    The wider ones work great and it doesn't matter what ratio juice I use. I DIY and make 50/50, 70/30 and 80/20 (VG/PG). The Dvarw handles them all flawlessly. I mostly vape 50/50 and have never had any problems in any of my Dvarw's. Although I didn't have any issues using the smaller hole JC with any ratio of juice either.