The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

E-Cigarette Critics Worry New Ads Will Make 'Vaping' Cool For Kids

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by kathi17, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. AgentAnia

AgentAnia Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

May 22, 2013
    Orbiting Sirius B
    I think you qualify for the Vaping Purple Heart for Banned Commentors. :thumbs:

2. Kent C

Kent C ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    Typical of the mind set. When someone starts making sense, they have to stop you.

3. VapieDan

VapieDan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

4. Uma

Uma Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2010
    Calif
    A bunch of my responses never made it on board even though it went through submit just fine. Other reposes went directly to moderated pile. They can spew mean disputable things, but we aren't allow to post the facts. NPR has lost all my respect.

5. Uma

Uma Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2010
    Calif
    I agree!! That Yankee cronie and his sidekick really picked on her relentlessly. She did great though, held her own!
    There's a thread here called Bingo! Which discusses Snow Don's leaked docs about Trolls and Shills. Posters posted links to articles as well, along with more input. I highly suggest for all truth warriors to check those out.

6. kathi17

kathi17 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2013
    Stonington, ME, USA
    I guess that just proves they are into censorship. I've actually never had respect for them because they are so one sided. Unfortunately, without TV, it's the only station that has any news on it in our area. :(

7. Jman8

Jman8 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    Wisconsin
    See, this is why we can't have nice things!

Even while I agree with what you've written, I'm wondering out loud if this sort of post on this sort of thread is no different than someone on a thread where Fox News reports on eCigs and people come in to say nothing about the main point and only wish to make the thread about partisan politics?

8. rothenbj

rothenbj Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Hey. the Regressives haven't started throwing you in jail, YET.

9. CabinetGuyScott

CabinetGuyScott Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    Detroit
    That's really strange!

You have been the model of a good representative of the vaping community.

Me on the other hand... :evil: :laugh:

And other than some of the posts not showing up for awhile, and even a couple never showing up at all, I've not really had any access problems.

I had a good run at some of the really stupid ones, and tried to engage the ones who are obviously sincere.

There is one lady who I think was trying to get her sister onto e-cigs, but it didn't work. I suggested she come here to ECF and promised this community of folks would be far more than happy to help.

Sure filled the awful void created by the ECF downtime though ;)

10. kathi17

Dec 30, 2013
    Stonington, ME, USA
    Probably Yankee checked this forum out and saw that I was the one who first posted it, and decided I was the trouble maker. His NPR donations are probably much more than my measly $10 per month forever.

He acts just like the NPR members who go out to our US Representative Chellie Pingree's restaurant on North Haven. They all have Obama stickers, and stickers for their NPR stations. We let the boat that takes them from here to her restaurant use our property. As they pass my mother and I, they look the other way, so they will be sure not to have to look at islanders.

We have a tiny gift shop, with a couple of places to park for our customers. Sometimes they will come screaming in, demanding that our customers move their cars, so they can park in our parking lot, rather than having to park down the road. They actually tell us that they are more important than our customers. I could tell you a lot more stories about how they treat islanders as well, but it would take a whole book.

Just suffice it to say, that this island, and our state capitol are inundated with rude, self righteous {MODERATED}, and practically every car has a sticker for NPR.

11. Kent C

Kent C ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    Liked your whole post - there's a lot of that going on everywhere, just more of it in your area ;-) Regarding donations, I've been on their "welfare roles" (listening and watching for free!) for years. I don't watch their movies except when they come on the already paid for cable. I don't voluntarily contribute to people or organizations that would restrict my life and liberties or take my property if they could. Their gov't subsidies violates every concept in the first amendment.

12. wv2win
    This message by wv2win has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Mar 7, 2014, Reason: Off Topic.
    Mar 6, 2014
  13. Anjaffm

Anjaffm Dragon Lady ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2013
    Germany
    OMG!
    Sounds like the way the colonial "masters" behaved towards the "natives" in their colonies.
    I am horrified. That is, however, an excellent example of the thinking of such people. And of the utter contempt that they have for the "rabble" (= those who are not like them).

14. kathi17

Dec 30, 2013
    Stonington, ME, USA
    It's funny you should say that, because I often say they are like the feudal lords, and we are the tenant farmers. (We have a lot of them in the state capitol). I hate it when you hear them talking about how stupid the islanders are.

They have someone I call "the doorkeeper" sitting at the door when we go to vote. One day, as I was going in, a bunch of them were going in at the same time. The "doorkeeper" said to them "at least I know that you (meaning them) will vote the right way". then they all turned and looked at me with utter contempt.

I wonder why we islanders hate them so much.

15. Anjaffm

Sep 12, 2013
    Germany
    @kathi17:
    That is horrible!
    That really reminds me of the way that minorities used to be treated, in my country as well.
    That is just horrible!

16. ILoveNorCal

ILoveNorCal Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2014
    Nor•Cal
    Glad to see the FDA is so concerned with preventing kids from getting hooked on nicotine.... but then why are they so silent about getting kids hooked on amphetamines? (Adderal, Ritlin, etc.)

17. Anjaffm

Sep 12, 2013
    Germany
    If you mean Ritalin, well.. that is a "medicine". Something to turn children into zombies.. uhm.. I mean .. to "medically treat" their "disorders".
    Methylphenidate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is FDA-approved as quite ok to feed mind-altering drugs to small children, if that is a "medical treatment".
    It is also FDA-approved to prescribe a drug that has been responsible for over 500 suicides and over 1800 attempted sucicides - because that is a "medical treatment". Well, and if somebody commits suicide while on Chant*x, at least they no longer smoke, eh?

But citizens getting rid of tobacco on their own, in a grassroots movement, without any prescriptions, without money flowing to Big Pharma?
    And even enjoying it?
    Naaaw... that cannot be allowed.

18. NorthOfAtlanta

NorthOfAtlanta Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    Once again, follow the money.

:2c::vapor:

19. kathi17

Dec 30, 2013
    Stonington, ME, USA
    Unbelievable, isn't it? These guys can't even stand it if you vape in the privacy of your own home. On one comments section I saw a while back, they started talking about our "pacifiers". I was so mad I couldn't even comment.

20. Anjaffm

Sep 12, 2013
    Germany
    @kathi17:

Never mind those kind of people.
    They are hooked on something much worse: they are hooked on hate and contempt. They need those things - hate against and contempt of other people - to make them feel good. And they need their daily dose.

And I do agree: the comments sections are not for the faint hearted. The open hatred that some of those hate-addicts spew is very unpleasant. It helps if you scan over the comments, read those that are good and tune out / skip over the hatred and evil. That takes some practice. But why allow your mind to be poisoned by the open hatred of those pitiful people? We have so much to live for. They only have their hatred. Let them wallow in it. It does not concern us.

21. ILoveNorCal

ILoveNorCal Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2014
    Nor•Cal
    Also, I would like it to be known that for me, specifically me, It was the Anti-smoking ads of the 90's and early 2000's that encouraged me to start smoking in the first place.

But since a majority of the funding for those commercials comes from Big Tobacco I guess we can conclude that they were huge success.

:facepalm:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.