E-Go vs. KGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzmom

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2012
New York
I have been reading and reading and know this has been compared. But I have a very basic starter kit DSE901 e-cig. I bought this to see if this is something I could do. Have not yet found a juice I'm in love with but still trying.

Decided I need an Ego or similar. I am a heavy smoker and the battery life on this small thing is awful. Have 2 but did run out of battery life last night.

A lot of what I am seeing says the KGO is just as good or better. Opinions? (the funny thing is the KGO is cheaper than the starter kit I have now!)

Thank you in advance

imsoenthused

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Kgo is unregulated and an Ego is regulated. This means you get higher voltage, meaning warmer and more vapor, using a Kgo. You get longer battery life using an Ego because it limits itself to 3.4 volts. Most people like the unregulated higher voltage of the Kgo better than the slow and steady approach that the Ego uses.

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Thanks for all the information. Does warmer vapor mean more TH? Because I don't need that, just makes me cough more!

It does play a role, along with nic strength. However, vapor warmth can be controlled via resistance of the atomizers or cartomizers you choose. For instance, my E-Power runs at a regulated 3.7 volts, and for most of the juices I vape my preferred resistance is 1.8 Ohms. Lots of folks, especially eGo users, it seems, are fond of the 1.5 Ohm attys because they would have a warmer vape *at the same voltage*. But an eGo isn't 'at the same voltage', it's at 3.4 volts. So that little .3 volts is offset by the difference in resistance and the wattage being delivered to the atty should be somewhat more evened out (but no, I'm half asleep & haven't done the simple math.)

Hope that made sense to somebody... I'd better crash :/ happy vaping! :vapor:

NGIB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Hinesville, GA
I have an eGo and a KGO as well as eGo Twist batteries. My daily carry is a 650 mah eGo as it's the smallest unit I have and fits comfortably in my pocket. I keep a charger at work so I'm never in fear of a dead battery. I use the bigger units (love the Twist BTW) at home as it doesn't matter how big it is. I use LR cartos on the eGo and it delivers what I'm looking for quite well...

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I also have a Kgo as do most of my friends. More voltage usually means you can use a lower level of nic juice. If you're looking to be economical the E-Power is almost identical to the Kgo except extra Kgo batts are $15+ while E-Power batts are $5.
Here's a video review on the Kgo. Kgo batts are the actual vaping unit while E-Power batts are a separate part of the PV.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Kgo comes standard with a 3.7 volt/1100 mAh battery. Ego comes standard with a 3.4 volt/650 mAh battery. Bigger is definitely better. Longer battery life and warmer vapor. Definitely the Kgo over the eGo between those two.

But another option you may want to consider in the same price range/physical size is the new EVO. It allows you to choose between 3.9 volts, 4.5 volts or 5. volts. For many veteren vapers, 4.5 - 5.0 volts is the "sweet-spot" for vaping. This may hold true for you also considering you were a heavy smoker. Higher voltage provides warmer vapor:

EVO 2.1

Jazzmom

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2012
New York
Thank you for all the replies. Haven't had a chance to come back here since I first asked the question. I appreciate all the help because the small e-cig is definitely driving me nuts!! Went on a car trip Friday and went through the first battery, switched to new battery and started to charge dead battery. It was finally charged when I needed it but had none that night.

thank you again

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Thank you for all the replies. Haven't had a chance to come back here since I first asked the question. I appreciate all the help because the small e-cig is definitely driving me nuts!! Went on a car trip Friday and went through the first battery, switched to new battery and started to charge dead battery. It was finally charged when I needed it but had none that night.

thank you again

I was at where you are at and it was driving me nuts!! too!!

I decided on a eGo (clone) 1100mah pass-through battery and some Low Resistance (LR) Star Dusts (aka. Vision eGo Clearomizer).

First - The 1100mah pass-through battery lasts me all day! and I can still vape while it is charging (if I have to). I like that!

Second - The Star Dust is very convenient, easy to fill, holds a reasonable amount, easy to clean, lasts about 5 weeks, and it does not leak. I like that too!

Relax, Enjoy!

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Kgo is unregulated and an Ego is regulated. This means you get higher voltage, meaning warmer and more vapor, using a Kgo. You get longer battery life using an Ego because it limits itself to 3.4 volts. Most people like the unregulated higher voltage of the Kgo better than the slow and steady approach that the Ego uses.

Actually, that's backwards. the Kgo is regulated; the Ego is unregulated. What does this mean? Every draw you take on the Kgo fires at 3.7v, while the draw on the Ego gets less voltage the more the battery is used. As far as battery life, Imsoenthused would be correct, except that the Ego generally has a 650mah battery, while the Kgo has a 1060mah battery.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Actually, that's backwards. the Kgo is regulated; the Ego is unregulated. What does this mean? Every draw you take on the Kgo fires at 3.7v, while the draw on the Ego gets less voltage the more the battery is used. As far as battery life, Imsoenthused would be correct, except that the Ego generally has a 650mah battery, while the Kgo has a 1060mah battery.

No, sorry. The kGo is unregulated. There are some unregulated eGos, or at least eGos that advertise 3.7V. But the standard 650mah eGo is regulated at 3.4V. There are NO regulated kGos that I'm aware of. A kGo runs from 4.2V fresh off charge and declines as the battery is drained to an average of about 3.7V. Hoosier has a pretty big write up about it and you can also see Pbusardo's review where he clearly meters it. Likewise, the e-Power is unregulated.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada

The Joye eGo is regulated to 3.2 - 3.4 volts for each draw.

The eGo clone is unregulated and charges to 4.2 and the voltage drops as I go along and needs recharge at 3.5 volts.

I still love it (warts and all)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread