Travel and Vaping E-smoking on an airplane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO the airlines (and other establishments) just don't want to deal with all the rabid anti-smokers screaming about it.

I just flew Delta/KLM to the middle east and back, stealth-vaped in the restrooms. I was a little concerned about setting off the alarm - I vape pure VG so there's tons of vapor but blew it into my jacket sleeve and all was well.

Vagablonde

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
California via Norway
I recall hearing that Ryan Air was offering e-cigs to thier passengers

“Ryanair’s low fares, unrivalled punctuality, least lost bags and fewest cancelations of any major European airline deliver exactly what passengers want. Now, to help passengers who like to smoke and find it difficult to travel on an aircraft for a couple of hours without getting their nicotine hit Ryanair has launched Similar Smokeless Cigarettes.
Ryanair’s Smokeless Cigarettes deliver a similar level of nicotine to traditional cigarettes and are available in packs of 10 for just €6. As these cigarettes are smokeless they cause no discomfort to other passengers and can ensure a more enjoyable and stress free flight for all passengers as non-smokers will no longer have to cope with moody smokers in need of nicotine.”

pffttt whos moody

Last edited:

Vagablonde

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
California via Norway
Thanks a lot for the input,

I'll carry in my hand bag a cheap e-cigarette (where I can find one?).

And tell me one thing, I'm having a little difficult to quit smoke analog cigarettes, where I can post a topic about it? or have any topic ever posted?

Thanks a lot,

Max

Hi Max
Im just quitting smoking as well..and it seems everyone has different things that seem to work for them
morning and night i crave real ciggies too
I found at those times if I use a higher 24 mg it seems to help.

Tempus Fugit

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2009
Mos Eisley, Tatooine, Outer Rim
OK, so I went on my trip, and didn't have any problems. I flew Delta out of Tucson. In my carry on, I had packed my Bartleby (box mod), and Vypr from Vaprlife. I also had several atomizers/cartomizers, and a couple of bottles of juice. Since you have to declare liquids at the checkpoint, I put my two 10ml bottles of Ms. T's juice in a quart ziplock and laid it in the pan seperate from my carry on. I packed several other bottles of juice in my checked bag. I had been kind of worried about the devices, especially the Bartleby, since I can see where it could be easily mistaken for some kind of handheld detonator. No probs at all going through the security check point in Tucson, even though they were checking out the guy in front of me because the dog brush in his bag looked suspicious. I did not attempt vaping on the plane. I did notice that I couldn't find anything about e-cigs not being allowed on the planes, even though it is pretty clear on Delta's website (as noted in my last post in this thread).

On my return trip, I was coming out of Huntsville, AL. I was the ONLY person in line for the checkpoint, and again, not a word was said about the devices or accessories in my carry on. They did however, do an extra check on my shoes to make sure they didn't have explosives. Incidentally, this was also the day after those printer cartridge bombs were found on UPS planes. After my connection in Atlanta, I got on my 757 back to Tucson. I was flying at night this time, and it was dark on the plane. I was watching a movie on my laptop, and decided I would risk a vape. I stealth vaped, held the vapor, and blew out very little. I ended up doing this practically the whole 3.5 hour flight home. No one even noticed. I had the air blowing on me from above to help disperse any stray vapor, and fortunately, I had my seat and the two empty ones next to me all to myself. One of the best flights I have ever been on!

ThomasP

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Western PA USA
I flew from Pittsburgh to ATL and back this week on airtran and vaped the entire way there and back. The first flight was the red eye and it was dark on the plane so I vaped but blew my vapor down and kept the air nozzle pointed at my face.

On the way back I stealth vaped the whole way.

I had no issues with the TSA and in fact one of the agents in ATL recognized my Inferno and we had a quick conversation about liquids and where we get them.

Even on the ones that specifically forbid vaping it is very easy to stealth vape. It was a very pleasant experience to not need to go running for the smoking lounge or the out doors when you land.

VapnJeff

Unregistered Supplier
Nov 8, 2010
Austin, TX
vaprz.com
Lol- I'm going to tell people it's an ADD medication inhaler :)

Okay, I know this is an old post, but it would be funny to tell a stewardess that it's an inhaler for your chronic flatulence. And that you should be inhaling for most of the flight for the good of the passengers....LOL. C'mon, I want someone to try and tell that story. BTW... I've carried and vaped on two flights from Portland ME to Texas. Jet Blue and Southwest, although when I was getting close to landing on back home in Texas I looked in that little airline magazine... and it said they're not allowed during the flight. Stewardess seemed ...... at me for no good reason during that flight, maybe she was nic fitting. Should have offered her a drag...LOL

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
It depends on the airline. Typically long haul flights allow e cigs but don't forget to always ask your stewardess if it is OK to vape and the people beside you so not to lead to any confusion:)

Sandrita, this is the second time you have posted a comment that may cause problems. Please let me know which "long haul" carrier or route officially allows for e-cigs to be used? Please post a link or proof source.
I'm not sure if it is a language barrier with you but please understand some folks here may take your word for this and get in trouble. I travel Internationally quite a bit and NEVER have run into a "Long Haul" that officially allowed vaping.
You are welcomed and appriciated for participating in the Travel forum but please refrain from making false statements. I have yet to hear back from you concerning your other comment about EU airport security NOT allowing legal amounts of e-liquids to be brought through security.

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
Yes i think its "safe" to vape in the bathroom :) , not like theres a camera plus i doubt the vapor can trigger the alarm either way im for sure going to do it on my next flight !

Several members have posted first-hand accounts of the vapor triggering a plane's lavatory alarms. Those types of alarms don't detect particles in smoke but, rather, are triggered if anything interrupts a light beam inside them. So if you absolutely must try it, then either hold the vapor in longer so it dissipates, blow it down your shirt, or blow it into the sink.

Roxxette

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
Caribbean
Several members have posted first-hand accounts of the vapor triggering a plane's lavatory alarms. Those types of alarms don't detect particles in smoke but, rather, are triggered if anything interrupts a light beam inside them. So if you absolutely must try it, then either hold the vapor in longer so it dissipates, blow it down your shirt, or blow it into the sink.

Greg SO GLAD you said these !!! I was picturing myself sitting down vaping in full hahaha :) BUT im probably not going to do it cause honestly one of the plesures i had with cigs and now with vapig is watching the vapor :(

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
i've flown over 40,000 miles in the last six months and vaped on every leg of every flight,local and international
the trick to doing it and not being discovered is to use a very high PG ratio as it will dissipate into the air very quickly,unlike VG which will hang
do vape something sweet smelling,some ry4's really stink bad on exhale

most importantly,,in the center of the mirrors in the bathroom is a camera,result of the 911 incident ,i've seen them !!!!
i usually put my arm against the far wall which blocks the camera and blow the vape directly into the toilet which sucks it don

vape will set off smoke alarms so watch it !!!!!!!!!

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
i've flown over 40,000 miles in the last six months and vaped on every leg of every flight,local and international
the trick to doing it and not being discovered is to use a very high PG ratio as it will dissipate into the air very quickly,unlike VG which will hang
do vape something sweet smelling,some ry4's really stink bad on exhale

most importantly,,in the center of the mirrors in the bathroom is a camera,result of the 911 incident ,i've seen them !!!!
i usually put my arm against the far wall which blocks the camera and blow the vape directly into the toilet which sucks it don

vape will set off smoke alarms so watch it !!!!!!!!!

You started out with a very credible post, can you please stick to facts here?

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
You started out with a very credible post, can you please stick to facts here?

I seriously doubt theres a damm camera on the plane bathroom , it would have been all over the news long time ago :)

you've been warned,and i get to come back say "i told ya so" !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread