Status
Not open for further replies.

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
I see the OP has stated im not going to drop the mod so is the provari really better?
so the next question is better at what?

every chinese mod so far is using the exact same regulation chip for voltage, and they all make this rattlesnake sound. the voltage will fluctuate some will you notice? depends on you.

the china board runs at 33.3 hz and sounds like a can fulkl of pennies when fired, the provary runs at a 800hz cycle, pretty high and makes the coil run almost similar to a dc mechanical mod. to me i feel a smoother vapor, not better just smoother.

the chipset is proprietary and built by provape for only the provari. the voltage circuit is so accurate the voltage will be exactly what you set to .01v 4v=3.99 to 4.01 and will stay at that exact setting until the battery is dead. many other devices vape fine but cannot maintain this degree of accuracy for the life of the battery, and the fluctuation on some is noticable.

you said you dont drop things and i see this point, but you have never in your life knocked something off the table or desk?. theres nothing worse then watching 100 dollars fly in 6 different directions after contacting the tile the wrong way.

when people ask my about the menu i show them, yea 6 here 9 there. but the main feature is 5 presses away the voltage adjustment, and after about 2 hours you forget about it and it becomes second nature. honest its not as annoying as people make it out to be.
its more steps and work to get a phone number out of my phone.

i would say if your looking for well made and only interested in buying something once get a provari, if your interested in having a couple, or bells and whistles buy something else.
they all work, they all vape. but they are not all the same.
if you get a PV first the last worry you have is remembering to charge the batteries. you even forget about having a backup after a while.
so it is ultimately up to you and your personality, do you want to play now and get something rugged and proven to last later or do you o buy something now that you never worry about again and then play with other stuff as it catches your eye, theres a good sale , look at these new features.etc.

there is a reason reviewers and threads like this compare everything to a provari. watch pbusardos review of the PV and it will help.

i own 3, i have other mods, but i will never let the provari go. i also have 2 cracked tiles at work now. lol the only time i personally saw a broken provari is when i tore the button off putting a screwdriver inside to pop the topcap off. and i sent it to provape and got a repair for way less then other mods cost.

the 33.3hz chip is not in the evic

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
billbeckusa,
My apologies. I can and unfortunately do get a bit testy about some mods.
I think a lot of this comes from being bashed by the Camp in the early days of release.
I also tend to take a short post approach with new members to avoid information overload.

As mentioned - Early versions Had serious issues
New units have been addressed
Common with many new releases........ahmmmm.........Sigelei.......for instance:laugh:
We even have to admit Provari needed improvement. i.e. v1 to v2 Thankfully only electronic enhancement.

So people understand:
I have been a Vaper for just under 1 year.
Not just a Vaper, but a hobbiest from week 2 - I had 6 different setups coming by the time my first arrived.
I own a dozen mods and love using all...........well still trying to whip the Sigelei #20's into submission:D
Delivery systems from Ego-t to Kanger T2-T5 to Genny type Tank and a ton of stuff in between

I still Have all my original Gear, less a few cartos and a broken ce4 and everything is still in good working order. Even still use the original T2 wicks.

Look around the forums - Every piece of equipment available has someone that will find fault. Every piece will have praise.

Actually it is almost always in adaptability and luck or the draw.

When we worry about cost value we leave out the biggest deciding factor - ourselves.
What is my life style?
What is this and do I really need it?
Can I understand this purchase and used it properly?
If there is an issue can I take corrective action?
Can I accept my decision to purchase and accept the consequences?

Sorry to all.

I've been around a way to long time and seen to many people guided to make choices they were not ready to live with.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
billbeckusa,
My apologies. I can and unfortunately do get a bit testy about some mods.
I think a lot of this comes from being bashed by the Camp in the early days of release.
I also tend to take a short post approach with new members to avoid information overload.

As mentioned - Early versions Had serious issues
New units have been addressed
Common with many new releases........ahmmmm.........Sigelei.......for instance:laugh:
We even have to admit Provari needed improvement. i.e. v1 to v2 Thankfully only electronic enhancement.

So people understand:
I have been a Vaper for just under 1 year.
Not just a Vaper, but a hobbiest from week 2 - I had 6 different setups coming by the time my first arrived.
I own a dozen mods and love using all...........well still trying to whip the Sigelei #20's into submission:D
Delivery systems from Ego-t to Kanger T2-T5 to Genny type Tank and a ton of stuff in between

I still Have all my original Gear, less a few cartos and a broken ce4 and everything is still in good working order. Even still use the original T2 wicks.

Look around the forums - Every piece of equipment available has someone that will find fault. Every piece will have praise.

Actually it is almost always in adaptability and luck or the draw.

When we worry about cost value we leave out the biggest deciding factor - ourselves.
What is my life style?
What is this and do I really need it?
Can I understand this purchase and used it properly?
If there is an issue can I take corrective action?
Can I accept my decision to purchase and accept the consequences?

Sorry to all.

I've been around a way to long time and seen to many people guided to make choices they were not ready to live with.

Zero problem, my friend. I think we all look to you for guidance as your experience and knowledge has weathered the "early days," and the test of time. I appreciate what you do here on the Forum, and always enjoy your reviews! Best to you!

retrox

Flavor Chaser
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
NC, USA
I recently had the pleasure of trying out the Evic at my local b&m. I vape all day every day on a Provari when I'm out and about, and I gotta say, the Evic was a nice smooth vape in comparison. Better than my experience with the Vamo (didn't care for the noisy modulation, but still a fine tube for the price). If I didn't have a Vari, I'd certainly add an Evic to my stable and probably a Vamo too.

Good thing about the Provari for me is that I don't feel like I need another regulated tube, because nothing else really appeals to me after having used it for so long. It's actually saved me money in that regard. Now if I could just find the Provari equivalent of mechanical tubes, I'd be all set. That search is proving a bit more difficult (and a lot more costly, it turns out). :D

gokusnimbus

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2013
los angeles
tried my coworker's evic and i didnt know it has a limit of 5v. couldn't fire my cyclone rda at full potential. provari limit is 6v. my set up runs at 15 watts of smooth full flavor vapor. get the provari. its also the most consistent vape till your battery is out.

why i bought it:
consistent power throughout the 2.9v - 6v range. what you set is what you get
i can check battery life and ohms resistance
BRIGHT display and led LED switch. love the red on mines
extremely easy menu system

its just a bad ... well-made and well-designed product. would buy it over and over again if it ever failed me.

the only other apv that rivals the provari is the svoemesto semovar. now that is a sexy piece of kit

newconvert

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
Colorado
price point? driving point? thee driving point should be a device that will deliver you from nicotine! it tickles me to see so many concerned with saving money on their setups. when while smoking they would spend 5-6-7 dollars a day plus gas to get their smokes. spend the money now, get a reliable well built device and begin counting how much money a day you'll save to pay for your equipment! it adds up fast! by that statement, i lean towards the Provari, i have 6 different devices, 18 different delivery devices (rda, rba, carto, carto tank, atomizers) some run a few others a few, but the provari runs them all.

vang0gh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Plainfield, IL, USA
This wasn't mentioned, but the eVic has an even higher converter frequency than the Provari (100+ kHz vs 80 kHz). I've read posts from several Provari owners alleging to be able to taste an improvement between their converter frequency and the rattlesnake 33 Hz of less expensive PVs. If that's the case, I'd think they'd find the eVic better tasting. :D

For what it's worth, that should be 800 kHz for the Provari, not 80 kHz. But, I'll say it is refreshing to see that the eVic has something other than the standard 33.3Hz chip found in most Chinese PVs.

I don't own an eVic. So, I wont comment on it. However, I do own a Provari and can say it does not disappoint.

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
For what it's worth, that should be 800 kHz for the Provari, not 80 kHz. But, I'll say it is refreshing to see that the eVic has something other than the standard 33.3Hz chip found in most Chinese PVs.

I don't own an eVic. So, I wont comment on it. However, I do own a Provari and can say it does not disappoint.

the evic only dissapoints when you drop it and decapitate it

professeur

Verified Member
Jun 20, 2013
Athens, Greece
Right, while the eVic chip doesn't reach the Provari chip or Nivel chip for that matter, it is vastly superior to the standard 33.3 chip found in every other China APV I'm aware of. Good catch!
Evic has a 133KHz chip, as far as i know. Pbusardo measurement is 104,90 Khz (A PBusardo Review - The eVic firmware V1.0 - YouTube at 31:18).

Dna20D is at 225-245 Khz. I dont found anywhere any info for the Provari. But it seems difficult to me to fires at 800KHz. Probably at 80Khz (if it was to choose between 80 and 800 Khz, i mean).

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I thought I would just show off my set up, I like both devices. :)

100_0669.jpg
100_0670.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread