Not open for further replies.

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
EBay is a viper pit. Lucky for me I have done a lot of business there since 1998. I’m familiar with dealing with scammers and crooks. If you are very careful and do your research, there are some good buys there.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Apparently eBay permits product sales, as long as they are not listed as vaping products. I've been an eBay seller for many years. Like many, I have mixed feelings in regards to policy; but your cannot deny the benefits of mass exposure that eBay provides.

Per Ebay's prohibited items they used to total prohibit e-cig products, that's not to say they weren't listed. It appears they have changed their policy to pre-approved e-cig items only.

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
I've been a buyer/seller on eBay for nearly 13 years, and yeah, I've been burned more times than I care to remember. I have some nice items listed, but I don't seem to be getting much traffic; in terms of interested buyers. I suppose fasttech has the vape sales market cornered.

(Edited - not permitted)

Last edited by a moderator:

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
There are some sellers that sell vape stuff on eBay that are ok. I got a Kanger toptank the complete kit off one for $17 shipped. Took a chance because the price was so low. Turned out to be genuine and while it was a Chinese seller it shipped from the US and got it right away.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I used to sell a lot of stuff on eBay, no vape related. I don't think the auction style actually works best unless it is a collectible item that will generate the traffic. I have sold on eBay for a few years though.

What normally worked the best was to use Buy it now with the 30 day format. Also to use free shipping and setting the price with that in mind. There is no benefit to separate the shipping cost as fees are charged on them too by eBay and PayPal.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
I bought an 'istick Pico' kit from Ebay. Despite the listing stating it was authentic (and, oddly, good feedback for the product) it was such a poor copy that i actually laughed when i opened the box.... I got my money back.
There are genuine sellers of vape gear on the Bay but there is also a lot of Chinese knock-offs being peddled. If you can be bothered filtering out the tat and having to return items at your expense if they are misrepresented then go for it.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have Bought Hundreds and Hundreds of items from e-Bay. From Computer Parts (and Entire Computers) to Bootlaces. And just about Everything in between. I have also Sold around 1,100 Items.

That said, e-Bay, to me, is a Living Embodiment of the concept of "Caveat Emptor".

Would I buy a Battery from e-Bay or something else that could Ruin my day if it Failed of was a Knock-Off? No Way.

But for many Other things, especially Older or Hard to Find things, e-Bay can be Great.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I like eBay for vintage cookware. I recently scored a NOS electric can opener from 1977! :)

Yeah... e-Bay can be Great for things like that.

Or say, in a Momentary Lapse of concentration, and a spoon decides to Tango with the Mixer Blades of your Standing Mixer. Sure... You could pay about $20 Dollars more than what the Entire Mixer Cost in the Mid 70's for a New Pair.

Or pick up a Used Pair (that might be in Better Condition then what you had Before the spoon incident) on e-Bay for like 7 Bucks.

Or that Dell Power supply that has some Funky Proprietary Pin-Out that only works on about 3 know Dell Motherboards.

Or that Re-Master CD of Tull's "War Child" that doesn't have that Annoying Scratch right at the intro to Skating Away.

Or Coloured 3 -x- 5 Cards that are Cheaper to have delivered to your door than in a Office Supply store.

The list kinda goes On and On.

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I've bought stuff vape related off the bay, with good results, and always choose a domestic seller. Two to three days beats waiting weeks for a slow boat, and just a few moments ago I ordered a NIB Subtank mini shipped for less than 16 bucks...

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'
@jcoopercam: Took me about 5 days. From the FAQ:

Q: How long does it take to become verified?

A: I normally process the request every Sunday night. Each method is different, explained below:

A1: PayPal and NetIDme are the quickest methods. These can be processed on the spot, not requiring any other interaction with the member, making the verification complete on the Sunday night after your request is sent.

A2: Ebay would be the next quickest. This is a two step process. First I verify the eBay feedback. Second I send a PM with instructions to send me a quote via your eBay account to confirm it is your account.So processing for eBay can be completed as early as the same night or the Sunday following after you've sent your eBay message.

A4: Vouching Member will take the longest. With vouching you are at the mercy of how long it takes your vouchers to respond to my PM. Once this is complete, you will be instructed to send $1 gift to cover the cost of postage and supplies to send a special code to the address you submitted. Once the $1 is received I send the code to your address and await your reply with this code. This process can take 10 days or more.

• Useful
Reactions: jcoopercam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread