Is Ebay eliminating ecig sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftHandBlack

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2013
Brighton Co
I have noticed a strong decline in the popular items like the Nautilus and mods on Ebay. I can understand taking out nicotine products but this other stuff is classified as electronics. It's bad enough dealing with all the fees as a seller.

Sellers usually get a large quantity and sell thru it. New items such as the Joyetech Egrip and the Atlantis were available on there before most other vendors had them. I browse the local Vape shops then purchase off Ebay. Everything is ALWAYS on there that Im looking for.

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
^^Javamon you do realize what you just typed "responsibility" and "do the right thing" right? *lol* that doesn't happen often in this world these days sadly.

if you just keep key words out of your item for search purposes you're golden. It's stupid and hypocrisy I agree.

but there's plenty of whatever it is I'm looking for, and had a few gear items "removed" after I bought them but I always have received them. Paypal refund protection if I don't...but it's not slowing down "clever" sellers.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I recently ordered a Rebuildable Tank Atomizer from Fasttech , at checkout the Paypal option was not available. Paypal which is owned by ebay blocked the sale of ecig related items.

Bull Shirt!

I order several times a month and ALWAYS use PayPal. Never once had an issue. Now, you may have placed an order including an Authentic Aspire Piece and lost the payment option. Aspire has been blocked from Paypal purchases.

Next time Read the Description before clicking Buy.

Ebay is a Farce and only blocks sales following complaints. It is a Greed generated profit machine with one goal. Increased funds.

sisu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2014
Texas
Yah Ebay is against it and alot has to do with the wording of the item. Still plenty of vapor shops on there. I purchased and received items this week. Mechanical mod and RBA. As far as e liquid it has to be 0 nic for them to allow its sale. I buy all my devices off Ebay!

PayPal is anti-vaping. They will not support any claim you may have in regard to a vape related item. Therefore, I do my best to not support PayPal.

SueandCootie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2009
south central Mass
Ebay owns PayPal. They are separate entities, but they are owned by the same company.

I thought I read they've separated off just a couple of months ago? Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought that's why I'm seeing a PP option on a lot more non ebay sites...

That being said, an ebay seller had a big sale on their products, bought 2 tanks for basically the price of one, then the seller dropped off ebay entirely, before I had a chance to even leave feedback, this past week. Saw the same happen a couple of months ago, seems ebay just pecks at it occasionally...

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
It's NOT EBAY or PAYPAL that is against VAPING... It the US GOVERNMENT, they are making it difficult for banks to process money derived from sale of tobacco and tobacco related products and activties. To the FDA vaping is the SAME as smoking, and they are trying to include Vaping under cigarette regulations. They will go after the BM shops next, already are going after Cigarette shops that sell vaping supplies and Recreational herb supplies. Along with alcohol, guns and many other pleasure based activities. This is why almost all vaping related products have that "Not a Tobacco product" disclaimer. Some the ONLY source will be Fastech and other China based sellers. Thank you, Democrats and your Republican puppets.

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier - eBay

drthunder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2014
NY
Try going on there looking for BVC coils. All i see is stuff from international sellers including china. A month ago there were tons of NA sellers. I dunno... Even on sites i normally buy stuff from they are sold out. This might be a good time to stock up on vaping accessories before it gets even worse.

I saw a listing that charged $50 shipping from Australia. People actually buy it.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Ebay owns PayPal. They are separate entities, but they are owned by the same company.

They aren't really all that separate when it comes to this matter. If you compare the PayPal AUP and the eBay TOS the anti e-cig policies overlap. It now says in the PayPal AUP that you do not get buyer protection for anything purchased on eBay that violates the eBay TOS. So if you get notice after the fact that eBay pulled down a listing you purchased from you are out of luck with PayPal if you end up getting nothing for your money.

I take it that when PayPal and eBay send you e-mail notices about changes to their terms for use you don't bother reading them. There is nothing new going on here. Both companies reinforced and clarified their anti e-cig policies last year - twice. After the second round of policy update notices eBay started aggressively pulling down e-cig listings, and PayPal sent notices to e-cig merchants telling them to remove the merchandise from their web sites - and then started terminating accounts for the few e-cig merchants offering PP as a "hush hush" payment option.

Like it or not it's still private companies and they can do as they want. You know their rules, so if you lose money over it or get your accounts closed there isn't much to complain about. It's not as if you need to buy vape gear on eBay.

Danbrooks2k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Pensacola, Florida
I think ebay just deletes listings from time to time so they have a legal defense for when someone trys to sue them because they bought defective gear, or because of "percived " health problems.

Ebay can say, we have deleted e-cig sales from or website as fast as we could keep up.

Ebay is a buisness... they sale sex toys and all sorts of stuff... they just want the money. I doubt they really care how they make it. Deleting e-cig sales is just for show.

Davey59

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Monroe WA
I they fail to display or make a mistake in the tobacco disclaimer the listing will be closed. I have purchased from a seller and had the listings cancelled for this reason. I had no responsibility to complete the transaction and if had already paid would get a refund. This information was sent by eBay notification, with the same information available through the my eBay page..

Not being a "Richard" I did nothing and received my KangerTech merchandise without issue. The seller is still there, still selling vape gear, and I still buy, using PayPal.

I wonder if the separation of eBay and PayPal will afford them greater political influence as to campaign donations etc. They are both huge.

lordignus

Aug 11, 2013
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd throw in my experiences as an eBay seller. We've been selling vaping gear on ebay for almost 12 months, and in the last 3 months or so we've sporadically had several of our listings removed with the "Tobacco Policy Violation" email.

There doesn't seem to be any kind of pattern to what gets removed, sometimes different ones get pulled, sometimes it's the same ones repeatedly, even though we've done our best to avoid any potential "trigger words" etc.

As many have stated above, there are still several thousands of listings for vaping-related products, so I'm not entirely sure what eBay are playing at. Is it a case of rival vendors reporting our listings, or are eBay just picking listings at random? God knows how many millions eBay are making on fees from vaping-related listings, and I think some part of eBay knows that they're shooting themselves in the proverbial foot by having e-cigarettes on their restricted list, so is this a case of half-heartedly enforcing a policy without really doing too much about it? Who knows.

Would love to hear some thoughts from other ebay sellers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread