ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
Last edited:

wiscoking13

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Burlington, WI
so does that mean that the eca has no info to back up that second hand smoke has no affect on people?

When he was asked if it was safe for someone to inhale the vapor by second hand he gave no clear cut answer. Than Cunningham went off to make it seem like everything was okay but the man never gave a straight answer.

Last edited:

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
so does that mean that eca has no info to back up that second hand smoke has no affect on people?

The goal isn't to get into a debate on second hand smoke. That has been debated for years and years and years and people are staunchly on the side that they are on.

What needs to happen is that people begin to understand the differences between smoke and vapor, combustion and vaporization.

If we can start to get both sides of the SHS argument to see that there is an alternative to smoke and that is vapor, there really isn't a need to argue about SHS anymore.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
That SHS question only emphasized the need for more more more......testing!!!
I got into a scuffle the other day when a guy asked if it was ok to smoke near his 3 week old baby.
I posted my usual exerpt from Ruyan testing, on exhaled vapor...whoo. Opened the dam gate there. Nicotine, none detected. Acrolien, none detected. No, because it wasn't VG vapor that was tested. Does that mean then that the vapor doesn't contain un-absorbed nicotine or other toxins. No, not really. Prove a negative? So far, there's some who come away as skeptics on that question.
Here. Once again, when we wish PV's to be compared to 'tobacco cigarettes', they are not. (FDA tests.)
When we don't want them compared, they are!! (PR firms.)
Perspective, please.

Last edited:

Debra

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
I fear that the FDA report/warning is the one thing that sticks in the minds of the uniformed. First impressions tend to cling are difficult to overcome. I wish there were more of these favorable mentions of the e-cig out there. They need to be seen and heard repeatedly, to overcome those negative, first impressions.

Bravo, Jim! Well done! And special thanks to Bill Cunningham!

Last edited:

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
Here is the official cut down version for those rolling through:

Interview with James Watt, Electronic Cigarette Association Vice Chair | Electronic Cigarette Association

Bill Cunningham is syndicated on over 300 radio stations nationwide and read the USA Today article regarding the ecig. Appearing on his show was James Watt, Vice Chair of the Electronic Cigarette Association.

If you click on the link above... it will play only the interview!

BigJimW and James Watt are not one in the same. (Sorry BigJimW)... but I just realized WHY people are getting confused!!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread