ecblend vs more expensive vendors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bencooper74

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I have been only using juices from ecblend so far. They have a huge selection at very cheap prices. Some flavors are really awesome others just O.K. I have been curious about trying other vendors but most seem to be almost double the price or more. I wouldn't mind spending a little more money if the juice is really that much better. But I really don't want to waste money and get something just to find the quality is the same as ecblend. So, what do you veterans think? Am I getting an inferior product from ecblend? Is their another vendor with similar prices that I should look at?

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
It's said a lot the quality of a flavor is subjective but also something you get used to acquire a taste for. So far as I've read the flavor brands all have some things better than other things so you could try what aren't good to you by ec and see what happens. Compared to premades you come out ahead. Some hardware vendors supply a variety of brands so you can pick up small sizes of each for a trial. It's trial and error for everybody. I search a flavor I'm interested in and go by what is posted but usually end up taking a stab at it anyway. DIY juice has smaller sizes for less. The mixing percentages are suggested and they aren't low. Some like Flavor Art have like 1 or 2 percent while some start at 10percent. All in all the prices are in the same ball park. Some flavors are more problematic no matter what. Fr me its chocolate, coffee and tobaccos. But I don't care for those much anyway!

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Give Mt Baker Vapor a try for fruit and dessert flavors. Be sure to check the reviews on whatever seems interesting. They are actually very inexpensive as well. If you want to try some good tobacco flavors, I recommend Heather's Heavenly Vapes and Vermillion River. These are a little more spendy but may be worth it.

Really, there are a lot of premium vendors out there that you may or may not like. They are pretty much all high quality, but no one can tell you what is going to work best for you. I think a good strategy is to find a few you like and stick to them as long as you can, perhaps attempting DIY on these flavors if possible. Then you can actually tweak your creation to be even better than the original one you copied! (maybe...)

Good luck!

0_0 *** Sent from my Droid Incredible 4G LTE *** 0_0

TigerLadyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
Garland, TX
I learned a loooooong time ago that just because something costs more in one place, it does not necessarily mean that it is of better quality than something that costs less in another place.

Same goes for e-juice. Just because one vendor sells product at a reasonable cost, it does not mean that another vendor selling juices at a much higher cost makes a better product than the reasonable cost vendor.

~Tiger

oh u mad

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
cali
for me, higher prices does mean better tasting juice a lot of the time, if not most of the time. I generally stick with tried and true juices that many people said they enjoy. I personally ordered all of the most top-rated juices from both ecblend and MBV hoping I could get away with enjoying cheap juices. And I liked neither of them.

bencooper74

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

bencooper74

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I just placed an order from mtbaker. we'll see how that goes. I'm just really hesitant about spending more money than I need to. I'm disabled and am living on a small SS check.

I used to drink Jack Daniels all the time. Then one day I'm at the liqour store with my drinking buddy, and we see this huge 1/2 gallon bottle of Evan Williams bourbon (which neither of us ever heard of) for $20. We look at each other and say f' it how bad could it be lets try it. 8 years later we won't touch another bourbon. We couldn't believe how much smoother it was compared to the other more expensive brands we used drinking.

Kropotkin

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Maine
Honestly, I don't think comparing ECBlends to "the more expensive venders" makes much sense. I mean, they're basically the Little Debbies of the vape world - which is fine if you're into that - but they're openly and honestly a super-low-budget outfit, so why pretend otherwise?

If I was a new vaper and wanted to save some money (and God knows we've all felt the pinch at one time or another) I'd either look out for sales at the better places, learn to DIMyself, or try a bunch of samples from Mount Baker Vapor, which definitely seems to be the most popular and reputable of the modestly priced venders.

:)

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Another aspect to look at is how much are you getting for your money? I love ECBlend, purchased my first juice flavors from them. I like that you get a small quantity for a reasonable price; you are not stuck with 15 ml of a juice you don't like. Great for trying flavors. As I am starting out, I don't know what I like yet, so ECB is great for tasting. Now I have some flavors I enjoy, so trying different vendors, but I still prefer to purchase small quantities till I know I like the flavor. I use low nic, low pg, most companies samples don't give you options, perfectly understandable, but right now I have a very popular flavor, great reviews, 15 ml bottle. Not sure it is the flavor for me, but I bought the bottle, not a high nic, high pg sample.

So I guess it is all up to you, your budget and your tastes. READ REVIEWS!!! I am basing more purchases on actual reviews and now that I have tried a few highly recommended flavors and thought "meh", I am really reading the reviews. I am also seriously researching DIY, because I am a flavor junkie, I like strong flavors so with DIY I can control my nic, pg/vg and flavor strength. I am no chemist, but I think I can master the basics with all the help here on the forums

Good luck, don't get discouraged, just stay away from those stinky nasty things.

bencooper74

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Evan Williams, huh? I've seen that before but never tried it. Might have to give it a shot next time I want bourbon.

What did you order at MBV?

0_0 *** Sent from my Droid Incredible 4G LTE *** 0_0
Evan Williams is awesome. Its the first bourbon distillery in America.
As for my MBV order.... I ordered Moo Juice, Root Beer Float and Salacious Strawberry. I got them all 12% 80/20 with 2 extra flavor shots.

xorgo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
chicago, il
Ive placed 3 orders from ecblends and another one today and so far i'm not that happy. All their flavors seem weak and i've tried many diffent combinations and still cant find my juice. I ordered a create your own today rasberre/lemonade/extra flavor/extra menthol/80-20 18mg so we'll see how it goes. I also ordered a few others with extra flavor and extra menthol to see if that will suffice but so far just the regular fruit flavors with menthol seem weak compared to the rasberry lime i got from Vaporbeast.

bencooper74

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ive placed 3 orders from ecblends and another one today and so far i'm not that happy. All their flavors seem weak and i've tried many diffent combinations and still cant find my juice. I ordered a create your own today rasberre/lemonade/extra flavor/extra menthol/80-20 18mg so we'll see how it goes. I also ordered a few others with extra flavor and extra menthol to see if that will suffice but so far just the regular fruit flavors with menthol seem weak compared to the rasberry lime i got from Vaporbeast.

I have noticed that you definitely need to order ecblend with extra flavor shots. Some are very weak even with the extra shots. Watermelon for example is very weak no matter how you order it. But dragon's blood is very yummy without the extras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread