Eden Mods Rose 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindriot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Dundee, Scotland
Not sure if anyone will find this useful, but it is something that has helped me when its time to recoil, rewick, etc.

Rose 3 Tip:

If you ever have trouble gripping the atomizer base to unscrew it, then try sticking the end of a small screw driver, hex key, etc. through one of the air-holes. This will momentarily keep the AFC from spinning, and the bottom base should become easier to loosen. I also find that unscrewing the chimney first (while tank is inverted), makes the base easier for me to loosen as well.

YUE7ZxJ.jpg
Pretty good tip man :) probably even more solid if the air is lined up so it grips nice all the way through.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Just FYI, according to the Eden Mod's Facebook group, the Rose 3 (4ml) is sold out everywhere except the US now (and the US shops do not ship overseas as I understand it). So, once its gone from these couple shops, it's gone for good in this size (and gone for good in the US).

The time to consider, is unfortunately drawing to a close.
I am very glad I took no consideration. It was a foregone conclusion which turned out better than imagined.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Just received my new spring wire and it works great. Arrived in only 5 days from UK after sending the £1.20.
And I received mine today, a very nondescript seemingly empty little note envelope.
Now *that's* the way the AFC ring is supposed to work! Smoothly and positively. Even installing the wire was easier.
My Rose3 is now absolutely perfect. The FDA can do whatever it wants to, the world could crumble and fall, doesn't matter at all to me.

petemoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Queens, NY
I just ordered a Rose3 from covalvapes after hearing that the 4ML size will no longer be available after the current stock is sold. While waiting for my Rose3 to arrive, I tried to find the new thicker AFC wire but couldn't find any instructions on how to buy the new wire on the Eden Mods FB page. I read that EdenMods will send you a new wire for 1.2 pounds flat rate worldwide. Could someone point out where the directions are on the FB page?

Called covalvapes and they explained that they are expecting some wires from Eden but nothing yet. They claimed that only a few people complained about a loose AFC ring. Most people will not notice the small difference with the new thicker wire, coval says. Still, I'd like to have a spare wire or two. I have a sjmy clone in transit and I read that this clone has an O-ring instead of a wire.

The Rose2 was my first "high-end" atty and I eventually ended up with five originals. As the clones of the Rose2 got better, I replaced all my originals with clones and now have only two clones in the rotation. The Rose2 was a great classic flavor atty and I'll always have a few.

anthropolyte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2016
Bristol, UK
In case anyone is wondering about the stiffer spring wire, it's night and day once fitted. The original is pretty loose, and the AFC gets knocked out of line easily - the replacement is way stiffer, allowing fine, easy adjustments without being too tight. Much, much better.

RabbiXX

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2016
California
I've had the Rose 3 for over 3 months now. It has been the only tank I have used in that time. Easy to build on, easy to clean, and consistently delivers great flavor. Any issues I had in the beginning with things like leaking or flavor was due to improper wicking (or other user errors).

I honestly feel that the chances of me finding something better than the Rose 3 are so low, I've stopped even looking at new tanks or alternatives I never tried. I did end up buying a second Rose 3, for backup. You know, just incase...

The build I've used for the last month or so is:

2x26ga twisted Ti (Temco), 6 spaced wraps, 3.0ID. Usually with cotton bacon.

Last edited:

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Hi Guys, I would love some help please. I am pretty new to RTA's so I am sorry if it is something obvious but me new Rose 3 TPD arrived and after some fiddling, I finally managed to screw the legs in properly.

I shut down the liquid control and filled her up. I then started to play with the liquid control and the air flow to get both set up right for me and my juice but every single time I play with the air flow after opening the chimney, she leaks and not just a little bit. Can I not adjust the air flow without first shutting down the liquid control?
When you place the cotton you must be sure that you cover the wicking ports (cutouts) on both sides so that it completely covers them without leaving any cotton on the outside. If you don't then juice can just work it's way in. When you open the juice flow it only requires less than one full turn to open properly. More than that and you will get massive leaking. You cannot see the opening so you must make half turn of the drip tip then open a little more at a time until it feels right (look for bubbles). No more than one full turn should do it. Your air flow has nothing to do with it. I leave my afc open every time I fill and no problem. Mine is not the TPD there may be some difference but I doubt it.

Caprilli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thank you so much for your replies. It turned out that I was unable to screw the bottom part in tightly enough. Whilst everything was set up correctly, each time I screwed the Rose onto the mod, everything moved.

I had also posted my questions to the Eden Mods Facebook site and somebody suggested leaving the coil tool in the coil, holding the wicking holes in place whilst attaching the bottom cap. That gave me enough leverage and I have been happily vaping since then.

Last edited:

RabbiXX

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2016
California
The airflow control looks exactly the same as my Snapdragon v1.5, so I'm very excited. I can make the airflow ridiculously restricted with that RDA if I choose.

That video made more excited if anything:

"Vastly improved over both of it's predecessors"

"...you can finely tune the airflow to meet your vaping needs, expecially if your a MTL vaper and like a really tight draw"

Sounds like it has the best flavor out of any RTA that he has used.

Last edited:
Reactions: mindriot

mindriot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Dundee, Scotland
Oh man I can't believe I missed this thread till now. I can get that a few people are going to be less than happy that this is quite a bit different from previous versions. Personally this looks like exactly what I'm dreaming of, I love my snapdragon so so much but I never went for the previous rose as I wanted just a little more air than it seemed to offer to the restrictive lung hit rather than the MTL. I eventually caved and got a KF 5 thinking that was as close as I was going to get for the moment but even still I'll probably throw money at this as fast as physically possible.

Reactions: RabbiXX

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Ordered one on SpaVapes, they say they have them at the moment if you are ordering for collection and will ship tomorrow. Mega excited. Need to calm down and stop buying high end attys for a month or two now.
Also ordered from Spa Vapes. They are available at Vapour-Z also. Eden webstore should be back up tomorrow, even later today! Depends how much 'fun' they had at VapeFest...lol

Reactions: mindriot

mindriot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Dundee, Scotland
Also ordered from Spa Vapes. They are available at Vapour-Z also. Eden webstore should be back up tomorrow, even later today! Depends how much 'fun' they had at VapeFest...lol
Oh very nice, I did check there also but at the time it still said "unavailable". I haven't ordered from either vendor before so just went with the first one I had the chance to. I bought direct from Eden Mods previously for their products, I just don't have the patience to wait on their site come back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread