[EDITED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
The New Old West Pahrump Nevada
A straight 18650 tanker in some chainsawed cali pepper or honey mesquite would suit me.
:)

Right-on AZ,

It's going to be the Burled Honey Mesquite, and as always with me, if I build it and you don't care for it--We are good, you don't have to feel like you are obligated to buy it, it's all good all the time.

No money up front is how I roll, and how I prefer to do things...

It just makes the whole program very easy on both of us.

Right-on!!
I'll get on it
best
fono

aziffel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
nc
Right-on AZ,

It's going to be the Burled Honey Mesquite, and as always with me, if I build it and you don't care for it--We are good, you don't have to feel like you are obligated to buy it, it's all good all the time.

No money up front is how I roll, and how I prefer to do things...

It just makes the whole program very easy on both of us.

Right-on!!
I'll get on it
best
fono

No worries Fono,I'll take it.
I do believe the one in your photo is in my collection,
The bullet burl,nice!

I do have one DNA 20 board, I bought it to see how it would fit...

I guess I should actually use it...I'm thinking recessed tank unit as the likely candidate...

The thing costs like 50 bucks as I recall, and that puts me over 200 for the asking price..Hmm.

Anyone want something like that? if so we should pick out a wood choice, and inlay...

Going to be 78f by Saturday...Boy howdy is that weird or what?

Best
fono

I definitely would be keen. DNA 30 all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaguar G

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Just west of Cool, Texas
Allow me to pipe in so I can find this page again. I enjoyed the old thread, and would not wish to loose the trail. Good to hear this...
Hey,

of course I want to sell units, but do I want to lose my dedication to simplicity of my existing design ...

an 18650, and the ohm-ed atty or tank of your choice holds a certain purity in my mind that's difficult to abandon ..

Hmm, I have to think on it....

best
fono

I am very fond of the 18650 sealed feeder with a good ol' 510 atty. Why mess with perfection? Of course you may wish to incorporate the new stuff, but you can count on me loving your original design. Good to see you still up and running Fono, take care and happy wood chipping.

Jag

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
New to this thread and this mod - what is the price on these? And I'm still not clear on how they feed a rebuildable atomizer? Beautiful mods, by the way!

This picture might help:
DSC06370_zps486dbfe3.jpg

It's called a bottom feeder. It works with any RBA or any Stock Atty that has a hole in the connector. Most all Stock Atty's (510, hybrid, HHe56, 306, etc. have this hole. (That looks like a Stock Atty 510 shown in the picture). There are a few RBA's that do as well. Some drill out the hole themselves.

BTW, this is a rather old picture of the inside that I got from Fonosmoak's Photobucket. The inside of the feeder models are no longer needle fed, but have a sealed tube.

Fonosmoak also makes a model that is not a bottom feeder and it good for Rebuildable Tank Systems or Carto Tanks.

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
This picture might help:
DSC06370_zps486dbfe3.jpg

It's called a bottom feeder. It works with any RBA or any Stock Atty that has a hole in the connector. Most all Stock Atty's (510, hybrid, HHe56, 306, etc. have this hole. (That looks like a Stock Atty 510 shown in the picture). There are a few RBA's that do as well. Some drill out the hole themselves.

BTW, this is a rather old picture of the inside that I got from Fonosmoak's Photobucket. The inside of the feeder models are no longer needle fed, but have a sealed tube.

Fonosmoak also makes a model that is not a bottom feeder and it good for Rebuildable Tank Systems or Carto Tanks.

I understand how bottom feeders work (four REO's), but not how this one does - something about gravity fed? I'm used to "squonking" the bottle. Is that what the round area is for - to push on the bottle to feed the RBA?

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Sorry -- misunderstood your question. Some people think a bottom feeder is a Kanger Protank because the coil is on the bottom. :)

For tip and feed or "feed & fire" one doesn't squank but tilts just enough that liquid would run downhill to the atty and a push on the round button would push on the bottle and force the liquid into the atty. This has been called gravity fed by some. This easy method doesn't work with the tube extended to the bottom of the bottle.

However, it's easy to add in a longer tube if one prefers.

Last edited:

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
Sorry -- misunderstood your question. Some people think a bottom feeder is a Kanger Protank because the coil is on the bottom. :)

For tip and feed or "feed & fire" one doesn't squank but tilts just enough that liquid would run downhill to the atty and a push on the round button would push on the bottle and force the liquid into the atty. This has been called gravity fed by some. This easy method doesn't work with the tube extended to the bottom of the bottle.

However, it's easy to add in a longer tube if one prefers.

So, theoretically, could one add a longer tube and push the round button to feed the atty without having to tilt?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk.

aziffel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
nc
I have put a longer tube in a Phidias,and it worked,but I took it back out.Wood don't react to a flooded atty the same way aluminum does,it tends to stain the wood.
So,I tilted my Phids when I used regular attys.Since I haven't used a 510 in over 2 years(these days its either gennys or kayfuns) and I have never tried Fono's sealed feed,I don't know if the tilt is still required to feed.
The last Phid I used was the kicked tankers Fono made a while back.They will take a DID or my G-tank-US,I think Fono has made the tank hole a little bigger to take the slightly bigger genny's now(at Tybins wish to use her Z- atty in a Phid),so they should be able to take a kayfun.

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
This picture might help:
DSC06370_zps486dbfe3.jpg

Loving the one on the right in this pic. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread